C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night

Old 12-18-2013, 05:13 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1121
^^^^^ this is the problem in america... stupid people like above that have NO IDEA of what freedom is so they so freely give it away. Do not worry dumbos I will still vote to protect people like you until you are smart enough to protect yourself.
There's an idiot among us. You might want to rethink who you're calling stupid. That was one of the most assnine comments thus far.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:20 PM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JJC5

There's an idiot among us. You might want to rethink who you're calling stupid. That was one of the most assnine comments thus far.
Which is why I don't participate in things like this. Everyone breaks out the foil hat and starts screaming fascism.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:26 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyBono24
God you are ****ing stupid. It gets worse with every post. I'm sure up in your "Anaheim Hills" hoity toity 100% WHITE area you don't have run-ins with the cops at all. The only interaction with the cops are your weekly bake sales and church fundraisers. You're just happy that they keep all the "others" out of your neighborhood.

Down here we constantly have LAPD and LBPD shooting unarmed people and then an internal "investigation" finding the shooting justified (gee, the LAPD investigating the LAPD, I WONDER why they never anything illegal)... the citizens of LA for the most part hate the police. I know you don't have any, but I have some hispanic and black friends that have been pulled over (one at gunpoint) for no reason at all, and had their car searched. The last time a coworker... a very smart and successful black guy with an MS in Physics... was driving through LA in his very expensive car, apparently the cops didn't think he owned it so they pulled him over and were questioning him. They didn't know what else to cite him with so they gave him an illegal window tint ticket for his FACTORY INSTALLED tint.
Hoity Toity? Haven't heard that one in awhile!!!

Calling me ***ing stupid?? I would think that in your eyes, everybody is ***ing stupid. You probably have a hard time understanding anyone with more than a 50 IQ.
Go Raiders?? I bet you don't even understand football.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:57 PM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by F&Yb0dluvr
The majority of Police have little regard for human life that's why they're in that profession they have a "shoot first and cover it up later" mentality today
Asinine comment !
Old 12-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Al Gumby
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As a student of human nature, I'd want to know what stresses happened to this poor guy before he got behind the wheel. He had obviously snapped. Something sent him over the edge. Then the police show up, adding even more stress, sending him into fight or flight mode. He did not fight. Heck, he was even using his turn signals during his ultimate drive, confused and out of his mind.

I grew up in SO CAL when many of the main roads were made of dirt. Left there a long time ago and have been hoping for the "Big One" to wash it into the ocean ever since. Best thing that could happen IMO.

Oh, I own a silver C6 too, I hear they're hunting us down and shooting us now. Another good reason to stay away. I'm not surprised.

Last edited by Al Gumby; 12-18-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:12 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I've never read so many ignorant posts in one thread....
Old 12-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 288 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER
I've never read so many ignorant posts in one thread....
Shut it DOWN!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by TCW
You need to turn off the TV and get out in the real world! Do some travel. Go see real America. You'll like it.

Tom
Tom-

My comments where in jest ribbing the VA guy for crapping on CA - see below.
I have driven cross country once and also driven up and down the entire East Coast 3X. Born in Boston, grew up in NY went to school in RI worked on a project in Chicago, and now live in CA, spend most Christmas' in Dallas TX with my girl and her family.

Outside of a few States I have pretty much covered the majority of the country, I would wager I am more well traveled than 90% of Americans, including you. Especially after factoring in many trips to Europe, The Far East and the Middle East. Guess I did find some time to turn off the TV after all

Seen plenty I do like in the "real America"- in fact I would go so far as to say I love it.

Steve

They cannot get $$$$$ from a bankrupt state. CA has nothing but Devil worshipers, ****, Mexicans and now Killer Cops. This might be a good video game or a movie for those idiots in Hollywood. Most corrupt state in the Union next to ILL.
*** Edit - HAd to comment on this
I guess we'll just pretend that Silicon Valley doesn't exist. You know the people that made the fancy 'puter that you typed these ravings into.

I guess this is why cops in LA are open game in CA. Lib. state, police state. Glad I live in the Bible belt not the state of Satan.

Last edited by Hirohawa; 12-18-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:37 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As a backdrop, I've been a forensic, C.A.C., civil and family court consultant in Calif, all S. Calif county court systems for about three decades. I have done training for D.A., Crimes Against Children, offices all over the state back in the 80's, and particularly in the S. Calif region. I have some familiarity with the legal system, have a lot of LEO friends, both patrol and officers/Captains, D.A., as well as retired and bench sitting individuals.

I have a brother-in-law who has been with LA Sheriffs for about 16 years, in the prison system for 5, car patrol, trainer, and other like positions. I've gone on a number of ride-alongs with LA Sheriffs. I will leave those experiences private.

As much as I wish it weren't so, I've grown completely fed up with listening to his, and other patrol officer's never-ending conversations of his 'days', and the never-ending stories of where he, his LEO buddies talk about they can "always find some reason" to pull over folks they feel look 'bad', or to justify use of force... "always". I've heard these stories for decades from LEO in general, and now for about 16 years from my brother -in-law. I no longer attend the gatherings when these types of LEO's are going to be present.

There are a some LEO's that don't saddle up to these fellows/positions/perspective/covering each other's backs -code of blue, and who do not share their skills in finding convenient (illegal) justifications. There are exceptions to this LEO talk, and those folks have been good, intelligent, mature friends.

I believe that LEOs ought to "always" have no-lethal weapons with them, and since they are not foot patrol, that kit ought to be pretty comprehensive. In my opinion law enforcement use of force is becoming more and more militaristic towards citizens. It is not singularly with Los Angeles County, but also across the U.S. in other locations, as well. It is a slow and gradual progression, along with other manifest changes, part of which will come to haunt the U.S. in time to come.

I hope the family of the individual killed are some how able to find peace. It will likely not come from L.A. County follow through.

Last edited by J Christensen; 12-18-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by J Christensen
As a backdrop, I've been a forensic, C.A.C., civil and family court consultant in Calif, all S. Calif county court systems for about three decades. I have done training for D.A., Crimes Against Children, offices all over the state back in the 80's, and particularly in the S. Calif region. I have some familiarity with the legal system, have a lot of LEO friends, both patrol and officers/Captains, D.A., as well as retired and bench sitting individuals.

I have a brother-in-law who has been with LA Sheriffs for about 16 years, in the prison system for 5, car patrol, trainer, and other like positions. I've gone on a number of ride-alongs with LA Sheriffs. I will leave those experiences private.

As much as I wish it weren't so, I've grown completely fed up with listening to his, and other patrol officer's never-ending conversations of his 'days', and the never-ending stories of where he, his LEO buddies talk about they can "always find some reason" to pull over folks they feel look 'bad', or to justify use of force... "always". I've heard these stories for decades from LEO in general, and now for about 16 years from my brother -in-law. I no longer attend the gatherings when these types of LEO's are going to be present.

There are a some LEO's that don't saddle up to these fellows/positions/perspective/covering each other's backs -code of blue, and who do not share their skills in finding convenient (illegal) justifications. There are exceptions to this LEO talk, and those folks have been good, intelligent, mature friends.

I believe that LEOs ought to "always" have no-lethal weapons with them, and since they are not foot patrol, that kit ought to be pretty comprehensive. In my opinion law enforcement use of force is becoming more and more militaristic towards citizens. It is not singularly with Los Angeles County, but also across the U.S. in other locations, as well. It is a slow and gradual progression, along with other manifest changes, part of which will come to haunt the U.S. in time to come.

I hope the family of the individual killed are some how able to find peace. It will likely not come from L.A. County follow through.
Well said.

There are many non lethal alternatives that can be employed when you outnumber an unarmed middle aged man 30 to 1.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Too many personal attacks in this thread. I think it's time for it to end.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...rd-others.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...conflicts.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night