C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night

Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 AM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys remember amadeau diallo, shot and killed by NYPD over a wallet they perceived as a gun? They were all found not guilty. Why? Because the perception it was a gun was all that they needed to show to be acquitted.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:58 AM
bigsteff
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dumb azz ... I wonder if he noticed how illuminated the streets were from the overhead lights that seemed to be following him at every turn! Maybe he was looking for a body of water to drive under ....

Old 12-16-2013, 11:00 AM
vforrest
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NY3quartrs5-oh
.... It does happen, and it's tragic, but most citizen's know to LISTEN TO POLICE ORDERS.
In the instance of this driver, EVEN IF HE DIDN'T HAVE A GUN, THE WAY HE JUMPED OUT OF THE CAR AND BEING AT NIGHT (DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY STREET LIGHTS THERE ARE, THE CAR COULD HAVE BEEN DARK) A COP COULD HAVE SEEN WHAT APPEARED TO BE A GUN AND FIRED AND HIT HIM IN THE STOMACH, CAUSING HIM TO STUMBLE AND GRAB FOR THE CAR AND POLE...

I AM NOT SAYING MY SCENARIO IS RIGHT, BUT WHILE I AM OPEN TO THE FACT THAT THE COPS COULD HAVE BEEN WRONG, YOU SIMPLE MINDED, CLOSED MINDED PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE YOU COULD BE WRONG TOO.

Last edited by vforrest; 12-16-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:09 AM
pc07vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really sad if he had lived in England he would be alive today.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:15 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I honestly don't know what problem you have with facts. Yes he's dead, don't know if he had a weapon or not and i'm asking if he was shot in the back. Oh wait, i forgot, all you guys that were there know where he was shot because you saw a video from a helicopter..... and yet you have a problem with those that ASSUME things that you disagree with.
I was being sarcastic couldn't you tell by laughing smiley emoticon
Old 12-16-2013, 11:23 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford
Yo Dick Tracey did the marathon bomber jump out the boat and run? If he did what do you think would've happened? Why do you damn liberals always look past the obvious?
see how facts get all mixed up, they did shoot
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...shoot-out.html
Old 12-16-2013, 11:33 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Ok here's a little lesson for another know it all. A gun in the hands of anyone, stumbling after a collision or a child can kill. Even if a person has the worst aim in the world how are you supposed to know he won't "accidentally" hit you while trying?
Second, A police officer DOES NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR A GUN TO BE POINTED AT THEM TO SHOOT!!! You speak of "rules of engagement" like you know them BUT YOU DON'T.
In your robbery scenario, if the victim has a gun and doesn't listen to orders and cops feel threatened, YES HE MIGHT GET SHOT. It does happen, and it's tragic, but most citizen's know to LISTEN TO POLICE ORDERS.
In the instance of this driver, EVEN IF HE DIDN'T HAVE A GUN, THE WAY HE JUMPED OUT OF THE CAR AND BEING AT NIGHT (DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY STREET LIGHTS THERE ARE, THE CAR COULD HAVE BEEN DARK) A COP COULD HAVE SEEN WHAT APPEARED TO BE A GUN AND FIRED AND HIT HIM IN THE STOMACH, CAUSING HIM TO STUMBLE AND GRAB FOR THE CAR AND POLE...

I AM NOT SAYING MY SCENARIO IS RIGHT, BUT WHILE I AM OPEN TO THE FACT THAT THE COPS COULD HAVE BEEN WRONG, YOU SIMPLE MINDED, CLOSED MINDED PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE YOU COULD BE WRONG TOO.
like this one, HE DID EMPTY his gun yet the other cop didn't shoot, even though thats a small sampling% that pretty much proves half the cops are killers, and half are good guys
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1500144
Old 12-16-2013, 11:36 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,919 Likes on 4,805 Posts

Originally Posted by pc07vette
Really sad if he had lived in England he would be alive today.
Really, what a insightful statement. How about if he did not run from the police, how about if he lived in Africa, how about he is dead and that is that!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:42 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,243 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Really, what a insightful statement. How about if he did not run from the police, how about if he lived in Africa, how about he is dead and that is that!
100%

If you pull over the moment you see red lights in the rear view mirror, chances are you wont be shot....
Old 12-16-2013, 11:49 AM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

Surely you can't be serious? So, there being 25 cars there, IF he had a gun, they should wait because if he shoots at a few of them the rest will get him?? Are you that unintelligent??
Hie did NOT have a gun, knife, bat etc etc. "What ifs" are nothing but an excuse to justify executing the guy. CLEARLY it shows he was NOT a threat. His hands were on the vehicle and in clear sight of the officers with-in seconds of exiting....Good God.. Clearly adrenalin and emotions overtook SOP and sound decision making with a few of the officers.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:02 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 905 Likes on 569 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

It's interesting how the "compassionate" crowd is quick to see the perp as a victim and vent their hatred of the Police, while showing no concern at all for the people in the car the perp hit, who are the real victims.

Please explain.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

This was a tragic shame! There is no way in the world that this guy should have been shot and killed over speeding and reckless driving! After the crash he was not a threat to anyone! Even if he escaped on foot, he would have eventually been caught!
To think that this was all done initially, just to avoid a speeding ticket.
To say that he was stupid on what he did is true, however, he did not deserve to die for what he did! On a pursuit like this the adrenalin kicks in, and all you want to do is get away. I am sure he was not thinking of other persons safety or even his own.
I know, and have been there and done that, and it was with a Corvette. I got lucky that no one was hurt and I got away!

Last edited by Supersonic 427; 12-16-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:18 PM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
Hie did NOT have a gun, knife, bat etc etc. "What ifs" are nothing but an excuse to justify executing the guy. CLEARLY it shows he was NOT a threat. His hands were on the vehicle and in clear sight of the officers with-in seconds of exiting....Good God.. Clearly adrenalin and emotions overtook SOP and sound decision making with a few of the officers.
Ok, change all of my "what if he had a gun"'s to, What if the officers PERCEIVED he had a gun the way he jumped out of his car and the lighting and all the other circumstances combined in that 3 second time frame!! Does that make you feel better? Your ignorance is amazing on a job you obviously can not fathom, but continue to critique...

YOU KEEP SAYING "CLEARLY" like you were there. We've already proved a few things wrong that were "SO CLEAR" to you and others just a short time ago. OPEN YOUR MIND TO OTHER POSSIBILITIES UNTIL YOU ARE PROVEN RIGHT OR WRONG. Even if you're proven right, you are showing how closed minded you are that there COULD be other scenarios than the one you are insisting happened "so clearly"...

Last edited by NY3quartrs5-oh; 12-16-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:28 PM
FactoryZ51
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Looked at that video again. Starting at the 44 sec. mark. it appears the officers started shooting as soon as the corvette door opens. (there appears to be debris spreading when the bullets hit the car or him). Then look at the two officers behind the passenger side door of patrol car 889. As the driver comes around the back of the corvette they both unload on him. He was shot at more than 10X (some when he was already on the ground for good measure.)

I think when we perceive something horrible being done, we try to rationalize our sense of helplessness. Same feeling when I saw the Rodney King beating video. As much as I try for my own personal sense of fairness, I can't justify the killing of this man based on what I saw in the video.

These images are already being seen worldwide and they show 13+ patrol cars, with who knows how many officers, standing around watching this man die. All under the Los Angeles street sign in downtown LA. The symbolism is kind of eerie.

Let's see what story the LAPD comes up with for why they decided to take this man's life that night. Family and Friend to some. I and nobody here knows the whole story, but what I saw is not enough to convince me that this man needed to die. In Orange County right now, there are two Fullerton cops on trial for 2nd degree Murder and Manslaughter for beating a man to death. They tried to cover it up, but there was a video as well. Only time will tell.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:29 PM
vforrest
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am amazed at how many offer strong opinions without all the facts.

Emptied his gun...
Hundreds of shots fired....
Magazines reload...
Shot in the back...

The only report that is out there that I know of is he died at the hospital an hour after being shot in the stomach.

Facts....we need more facts!

I was amazed that after he grabbed his stomach and goes down and stops moving how long it takes for an officer(s) to step forward and check him out...and then render first aid....that's creepy! I've seen many LEO/Correction officers both run to aid when they find an inmate hanging from a sheet and always try to resuscitate and even bring them back.

Does not look good on video when he lays there motionless for more than a bit with no medical attention. That may go long way when the civil rights case, which is where the big money suit is at, plays out. To win that they have to show "deliberate indifference" and letting him lay there that long is a head scratcher for sure.

Last edited by vforrest; 12-16-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Second video is much better. It is tragic and it sucks someone lost their life. However there were so many things that could've been done different starting with the driver. He may have been ordered to stay inside the car (maybe he didn't hear that) he quickly opened his door and jumped out. What if he would've just raised both hands out the window and allowed the officers to approach and apprehend? I do understand the people saying it was overkill by police, but we are watching the situation unfold on a monitor. Im sure it was different being there and in the moment. At the end of the day the guy is dead because of bad choices he made first and the lack of simple common sense. I also think a few officers who did fire their guns will be on the hot seat for making a split second decision based on the drivers stupid actions. We weren't there, We have no clue what it was like.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:50 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427
This was a tragic shame! There is no way in the world that this guy should have been shot and killed over speeding and reckless driving! After the crash he was not a threat to anyone! Even if he escaped on foot, he would have eventually been caught!
To think that this was all done initially, just to avoid a speeding ticket.
To say that he was stupid on what he did is true, however, he did not deserve to die for what he did! On a pursuit like this the adrenalin kicks in, and all you want to do is get away. I am sure he was not thinking of other persons safety or even his own.
I know, and have been there and done that, and it was with a Corvette. I got lucky that no one was hurt and I got away!

I think there is a very good chance that the cop haters (I'm amazed at how many there are too) have been or are perps themselves. That's the only thing I can figure. I mean, this guy put so many innocent lives in danger as he failed to pull over and these people are calling him a victom . Are officers supposed to be shot and killed and only then can they return fire? This guy was running during that chase....hard too. If I were chasing him, I would have assumed he was armed. The average ordinary nice guy does not run from the law like that and risk so many innocent lives. Yes there are bad cops too. These officers have all been judged by the shallow, inept group here that have probably been incarcerated themselves.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night

Old 12-16-2013, 12:51 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Originally Posted by JJC5
With all of your foolish posts about how bad most cops are (you're calling half of them killers in this one) shows how shallow and ignorant you really are. You probably should go visit a place where martial law is in effect. You wouldn't last 2 seconds. Also, I'd be willing to bet that your hatred for cops is due to your bouts with the law yourself. Just a guess. Either that or you just have no clue about common sense. I'm perplexed as to how people like you even make it through life.
of course I have had my bouts with the law, I remember when the N.J. STATE POLICE drove up the curb over the sidewalk and shot at me over a not appearing in court for a bald tire ticket. true story and when I was watching my sons band playing at the bar and the cop sitting next to me snorting lines off the bar he eventually got thrown off the force after 20 years, of illegal activity, or even the time, I pulled a gun on a pack of gangsters that tried to rob me at a motel I owned, the cops took them in, the gangsters gave fake names Rickey Nelson was oneand let them go. then the cops hassled me for protecting myself, two hours later the cops came back, wanting to know if i new who they were, it seems that after the release the pistol whipped an old lady at a Cumberland farms and robbed them. and yes the united states is turning into a police state more and more each day. and after all that I still have police friends, 50% are doing there job and do it with honor and really care about people, 50% are scum and are milking the system, the sentence for fleeing or out running a cop is a felony, 5 years, not a death penalty buy cops
Old 12-16-2013, 12:54 PM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

See, i didn't even know there were reports of him shot in the stomach, i was just going by my observations. I'm sure by looking some shots may have hit him in the back, but the initial 1 or 2 seemed to be in the front.

As far as your other observations. They need to clear the scene of any possible threats before rendering first aid. If you look at one or more of the videos that are a wider view you can see the 4 or 5 officers systematically clearing the scene by walking up slowly and making sure A) he wasn't a threat while on ground and B) there was no other occupants in the car that could be a threat to the officers. (laying in the hatch, crouching on the passenger side, etc)... The officers and fire dept rendered first aid as soon as they possibly could, so i guarantee you that will not be a factor in anything but possibly money in a civil case.

Originally Posted by vforrest
Am amazed at how many offer strong opinions without all the facts.

Emptied his gun...
Hundreds of shots fired....
Magazines reload...
Shot in the back...

The only report that is out there that I know of is he died at the hospital an hour after being shot in the stomach.

Facts....we need more facts!

I was amazed that after he grabbed is stomach and goes down and stops moving how long it takes for an officer(s) to step forward and check him out...and then render first aid....that's creepy! I've seen many LEO/Correction officers both run to aid when they find an inmate hanging from a sheet and always try to resuscitate and even bring them back.

Does not look good on video when he lays there motionless for more than a bit with no medical attention. That may go long way when the civil rights case, which is where the big money suit is at, plays out. To win that they have to show "deliberate indifference" and letting him lay there that long is a head scratcher for sure.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:55 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
of course I have had my bouts with the law, I remember when the N.J. STATE POLICE drove up the curb over the sidewalk and shot at me over a not appearing in court for a bald tire ticket. true story and when I was watching my sons band playing at the bar and the cop sitting next to me snorting lines off the bar he eventually got thrown off the force after 20 years, of illegal activity, or even the time, I pulled a gun on a pack of gangsters that tried to rob me at a motel I owned, the cops took them in, the gangsters gave fake names Rickey Nelson was oneand let them go. then the cops hassled me for protecting myself, two hours later the cops came back, wanting to know if i new who they were, it seems that after the release the pistol whipped an old lady at a Cumberland farms and robbed them. and yes the united states is turning into a police state more and more each day. and after all that I still have police friends, 50% are doing there job and do it with honor and really care about people, 50% are scum and are milking the system, the sentence for fleeing or out running a cop is a felony, 5 years, not a death penalty buy cops
Something smells fishy here....not sure I buy it. Good luck and I hope that one day, you won't be unjustifiably picked on anymore.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night