C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backup Camera interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 PM
KGM
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also sent a email to the company 2 days ago ...still waiting to hear back I sure hope they can read english maybe this will turn out to be real time will tell ......I don't understand why some company has not found a way to add a backup camera to the factory Nav there are devices for adding iPods looks like adding a backup cam would not be that hard to do ....
Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 PM
tmccowan
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

I stumbled across this in a search one day. I don't know anything about and didn't dig into the details, because I already installed the PAC ISGM655 iSimple Connect for bluetooth connectivity. I figured I couldn't have both from the looks of the installation guide..

http://www.coastaletech.com/corvettelockpicks.htm
Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KGM
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this product by Ventura Technology VT-GMUNIVID-PRO-X1 its a backup camera interface to be used with the factory Nav unit here is a link to the webpage http://www.venturatechnology.com.mx/...MUNIVID-PRO-X1
Good find! ... and plug and play. Wish I had heard about this b4 the Lockpick, 360 install was muxed by a bad unit.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:00 PM
blue max
Burning Brakes

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts

Default back up camera for factory nav

Originally Posted by J Christensen
Good find! ... and plug and play. Wish I had heard about this b4 the Lockpick, 360 install was muxed by a bad unit.
I think someone checked with these folks and it is no longer available but I am not sure.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Jimailer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back up

Sure hope this is for real, let me know. The Lockpick unit is a bust. Had a lot of problems was far from plug n play. You had to open the nav unit and mod it and they still never worked right. They don't sell it anymore..
Old 12-10-2013, 07:59 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimailer
Sure hope this is for real, let me know. The Lockpick unit is a bust. Had a lot of problems was far from plug n play. You had to open the nav unit and mod it and they still never worked right. They don't sell it anymore..
Jimailer,

The lockpick is still sold, but I am guessing it's a 'left over' from the original sellers, and the new selling company now is in S. Calif.. Auto Sound Central, though they apparently don't have any reasonable method to call or email them, as they did not respond either to phone calls, no answering machine, nor emails, they will take an internet order. Their 'live chat' is always off line. The live chat is web supported by the parent company, Volusion, which is a internet web service. Apparently the same guy is the owner of both companies, at least that is how the initial business ownership tracking shows.

I had to track down the owner of record of the parent company, Volusion, in Texas. Volusion owns Auto Sound Central. I had to 'advise' him through staff of the issue, before I got a response back from the Calif store. The staff did all he could to intercept and waylay and obfuscate my 'message' to the owner. In the end I left the staff two possibilities for the owner, solve it peacefully/reasonably, or come to Calif to explain it to the local judge.

I won't be doing business with them in the future.

Last edited by J Christensen; 12-10-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:43 PM
tmccowan
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by J Christensen
Jimailer,

The lockpick is still sold, but I am guessing it's a 'left over' from the original sellers, and the new selling company now is in S. Calif.. Auto Sound Central, though they apparently don't have any reasonable method to call or email them, as they did not respond either to phone calls, no answering machine, nor emails, they will take an internet order. Their 'live chat' is always off line. The live chat is web supported by the parent company, Volusion, which is a internet web service. Apparently the same guy is the owner of both companies, at least that is how the initial business ownership tracking shows.

I had to track down the owner of record of the parent company, Volusion, in Texas. Volusion owns Auto Sound Central. I had to 'advise' him through staff of the issue, before I got a response back from the Calif store. The staff did all he could to intercept and waylay and obfuscate my 'message' to the owner. In the end I left the staff two possibilities for the owner, solve it peacefully/reasonably, or come to Calif to explain it to the local judge.

I won't be doing business with them in the future.

Just an FYI, but i'm pretty sure Volusion doesn't have anything to do with this company. I worked for Volusion in Austin, TX a couple years back. They have a turnkey online shopping cart solution that anyone can use to host your own online store. The majority of the sites are hosted directly on Volusion servers and display the powered with Volusion link.

http://www.crunchbase.com/company/volusion
Old 12-11-2013, 05:14 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Old 12-11-2013, 06:26 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tmccowan
Just an FYI, but i'm pretty sure Volusion doesn't have anything to do with this company. I worked for Volusion in Austin, TX a couple years back. They have a turnkey online shopping cart solution that anyone can use to host your own online store. The majority of the sites are hosted directly on Volusion servers and display the powered with Volusion link.

http://www.crunchbase.com/company/volusion

Yes, I understand. The initial business inquiry for the company lists Volusion, Austin Tx, as the legal "owner" of this Calif company. I though it was curious, as well.

I do understand that Volusion is an internet hosting/shopping cart company. Legally, there'd be no reason to have Volusion as the "owner" of a company, that I can think of, unless it is the parent company, somehow.

I hope the info was not incorrect. Never-the-less, the company did contact me and start the reimbursement process. Still no direct tele number to contact them, and no direct email.

Last edited by J Christensen; 12-11-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 PM
RoadReady
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The company no longer makes the interface. Sounds like no one could install it without breaking something. Here's the reply:
"
Hello thank you for contacting ventura technology regarding our interface for corvette at the moment we no longer make this kit as customer had trouble installing them and since the radio screen has to be taking apart
They constantly broke the kits ribbon cable

We can still make them but we would not offer any warranty we would make a kit as make to order
"

Too bad. That would be nice to have.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:35 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RoadReady
The company no longer makes the interface. Sounds like no one could install it without breaking something. Here's the reply:
"
Hello thank you for contacting ventura technology regarding our interface for corvette at the moment we no longer make this kit as customer had trouble installing them and since the radio screen has to be taking apart
They constantly broke the kits ribbon cable

We can still make them but we would not offer any warranty we would make a kit as make to order
"

Too bad. That would be nice to have.
I was looking forward to it. The new radio is very nice, but my first choice would have been to keep OEM.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:51 PM
vete4life
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by troller399
bump
Don't get made in Mexico stuff , get made in USA for our American made car

http://www.navtool.com/CHEVROLET_CORVETTE_05-12.aspx
Old 01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,369 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by vete4life

A nice idea, but $800 seems rather steep. And it says requires internal modifications to the Nav radio. Uh-oh.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:07 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

ITs retarded its this $$ to ad a dam video imput.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:16 AM
jwf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The link worked for me but the page seems to be missing items... like the installation manual. Seems good. I'll keep watching to see if anyone makes headway with this product.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:19 PM
hawkandersonjr
Burning Brakes

Location: US-ARMY 1974-1996 Retired ; Oklahoma, City ; Atlanta, Ga: Hephzibah, Ga
Received 107 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
ITs retarded its this $$ to ad a dam video imput.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Tom gs 12
1st Gear

Default Backup camera

Originally Posted by tmccowan
I'm also interested in a backup camera to work with the factory nav unit. If you pick one up I would be interested in hearing your opinion.
I had a Lockpick 360-2 installed in my 12 GS with the nav unit. Also installed a front camera. Both work great. The rear camera is a license plate camera and the front one is a bullet camera.

Get notified of new replies

To Backup Camera interface

Old 01-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by vete4life

Damn, guess I'll have to find a new engine for my GS as in was assembled/made in Mexico.......
Old 01-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Reggied
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Default my 2 cent

Here is my 2 cents on this post. I do not know of any external ports on the corvette NAV radio unit that lets you tap into the video feed. The only interface I saw that might work actually requires you to open up the NAV radio and tap directly into the video feed by connecting to the internal ribbon cable that plugs into the monitor. This approach was very risky which is why the interface is no longer available. Think about it. This is a great idea from Mexico, so why is it so hard to contact this company. The best way to sell scrams is to use HOPE. "Hope it real"
Old 02-22-2015, 04:08 PM
GrandSport2012
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by blue max
Wonder why it is limited to 2005-2010
I still believe you shouldn't have to spend $1000 to $1400
to get a back up camera having to replace the factory nav system.
Just my 2 cents worth
If this works its worth every penny
I totaly agree.

Quick Reply: Backup Camera interface