C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AVIC-Z150BH SD card - what is the name convention formatting to get it to work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 09:24 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default AVIC-Z150BH SD card - what is the name convention formatting to get it to work?

Can anyone advise how to put music on an SD card to it will read correctly?

I've put aobut 7 gigs of music, each artist in their in own directory, like Willie Nelson, with space between first and last name and the directory has each song in MP3 format.

Currently the radio only reads the last directory, Willie Nelson.

Please, what is the name convention formatting to get it to work?
Old 12-06-2013, 11:03 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by J Christensen

I've put aobut 7 gigs of music, each artist in their in own directory, like Willie Nelson, with space between first and last name and the directory has each song in MP3 format.

I believe that all the music has to be in the same directory, I have the Z120 and that is how mine is set up. I have different cards for organization. Rock card, country card, wife's card, road trip card. I am not sure this is the only way but I never had much luck with multiple directories on one card. if I have time tomorrow I will play with again and see what happened.
Best place to ask would be in the audio thread lots of experts there.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:28 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by okie08vette
I believe that all the music has to be in the same directory, I have the Z120 and that is how mine is set up. I have different cards for organization. Rock card, country card, wife's card, road trip card. I am not sure this is the only way but I never had much luck with multiple directories on one card. if I have time tomorrow I will play with again and see what happened.
Best place to ask would be in the audio thread lots of experts there.
oakie,

Thanks. I was beginning to suspect a single directory.

Think I'll just us an ipod and leave the SD for other stuff.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:06 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by J Christensen

OP, unless Pioneer has drastically changed the OS & firmware you should be able to put multiple directories on a SD card. Last year when I was shopping for a HU I almost bought a Z150 but I choose a 8400 for security reasons, to my knowledge they run roughly the same OS & firmware. I have spent a lot of time learning the nuances of the unit (there are many) so if you have any further question feel free to ask me any time. I've included a couple of screens shot and a Youtube video to show you how my stuff is setup out. Hope this helps.

Things to Know:
  1. Make sure song isn't protected, if it is the unit will automatically skip it.
  2. The OS doesn't like special characters in the directory filename (i.e. &,#,*,etc)
  3. Songs are order by creation date., not alphabetical order (i.e. when they're added to SD card)
  4. The most recent song is added to the end of the file structure (i.e. it will play last)

How I manage my files:
  • All audio files are in an unified format, i.e. WMA (doesn't matter which just makes it a little bit cleaner/easier for me)
  • My SD Card directory Structure is QuickDrop >> Artist >> Song
  • My Hard Drive directory structure is ... Genre >> Artist >> Album >> Song
  • When ever I add alot of new stuff I use the DB (database) feature for easy look-up on long trips
  • I use a program called DiskSort to order the files alphabetically or custom playlist style, just depends

Link to my HeadUnit --> AVH-8400

Windows Explorer Screen Shot:

Disk Sort Screen Shot:

Get notified of new replies

To AVIC-Z150BH SD card - what is the name convention formatting to get it to work?

Quick Reply: AVIC-Z150BH SD card - what is the name convention formatting to get it to work?