C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many are happy with a stock C6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Kerns
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Not even close. A stock C6 does not feel fast to me at all. Of course I bought it with the intention of keeping it stock and its my goal to keep it that way. I already have one car that has all the performance I am looking for so there isn't really a reason to mod it. It is however extremely difficult to not throw a supercharger or a turbo on the C6 though.

Last edited by Kerns; 12-11-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:19 PM
veto007
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the C6 ride and the looks. Thought I would trade the 2012 in for the C7 but I just love the C6 and can't seem to let it go. The Grand Sport is enough power for what I need and where I want to go.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Virtual Geezer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Martin
There's an interesting video on U-tube. Two Brits do a CAI test on a car and found except for running the tube for the intake about three feet in front of the car there was virtually no change in the car's HP with the stock intake and the CAI. With the intake filter way out in front of the car they got a 1.7 percent increase in HP but there's no way to put that air filter way out there. So, as they say CAIs are "snake oil".
I've seen this video, too. (Although I think they're Australians). As you said, they absolutely demonstrated that the CAI is pure hokum. That goes for the oil-soaked air filters, too. I can remember when they were all the rage about 20 years ago.

Quick Reply: How many are happy with a stock C6?