C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle lag on c6

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 08:48 PM
jerlan1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default throttle lag on c6

wondering if anyone out there has seen ad on TV this past weekend advertising a in-line plug and play adapter that eliminates throttle lag on acceleration. They are made for most all cars but only caught end of ad and do not have name or address of company.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:16 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

SprintBooster is the most common.....and there is also PedalBox.

Here's a review, discussion and install info and pics for SprintBooster:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...in-my-z06.html
Old 12-02-2013, 10:54 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

The motor that opens the throttle plate only works so fast, so any lag you feel is not ever going to change. There are devices that trick your mind into thinking it opens quicker, but only because you don't move your foot as much for partial throttle. There is no change if you go WOT.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:19 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Turn off TT, no lag just wheel spin....I don't notice any lag.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

The only throttle lag I ever experienced (in my C6) was when using comp mode on the track. It can cut throttle response coming out of a curve. It isn't a major problem but it does slow your lap times somewhat (versus running with all the nannies shutoff). In a straight line with or without the nannies no "throttle lag" whatsoever.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:34 AM
unixcorn
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

You aren't connected directly to the engine via the throttle like in the old days. Now the car does what it wants/needs to do for self preservation. Torque management for the transmission may incur a lag during fast throttle changes so the proper gear can be selected before power is applied. Also, emission rules require the engine to act a certain way. My best advice is to get used to how the car responds. Slower throttle engagement allows the transmission to downshift progressively rather than flooring the throttle and waiting while the car decides what to do, for example. A tune could help but there are warranty issues there and you need to find a competent tuner.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:16 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

we have the sprint booster on our's and its really amazing !! but we also have the intune, and cnc ported/ polished throttle body . but the SB is awsome !! if your considering it go for it
Old 12-03-2013, 02:51 PM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Cow booster

Cow booster is still the best
Old 12-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are multiple things that can be done to improve the throttle response on a C6. Our C6 tunes all include a feature called Pfadt Torque On Demand ™ PFOD, and it is a blast to drive. Our tunes are installed at home by you, and create a whole new driving experience. One complaint I could see about a plug-in controller is that there might be a loss of resolution? I will ask my engineers how that would work.

Here is a quick overview of how our tunes are installed:

Pfadt Race Engineering
888-972-2464
info@pfadtracing.com

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 12-03-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Sudstrain
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cow booster absolutely the best solution . Boosted by Chuck in las vegas at sema show.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Sudstrain
Cow booster absolutely the best solution . Boosted by Chuck in las vegas at sema show.
Noooooooo
Old 12-03-2013, 07:30 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,220 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
Noooooooo

Have you tried it?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:33 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
The motor that opens the throttle plate only works so fast, so any lag you feel is not ever going to change. There are devices that trick your mind into thinking it opens quicker, but only because you don't move your foot as much for partial throttle. There is no change if you go WOT.
This is wrong, pretty much all of it. It isn't about speed of the blade as it is about ratio of pedal depression verses blade opening. IMO.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:33 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 546 Likes on 378 Posts

sprintbooster is the fastest and simplest way to fix the problem.plug it in,job done.i have one I know.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 PM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by lordofwar
sprintbooster is the fastest and simplest way to fix the problem.plug it in,job done.i have one I know.
YUP I'm with you !!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:07 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Yes, you are Correct!

Originally Posted by Sudstrain
Yes, you are Correct!

There is nothing like it. It can be adjusted here in the shop or with our AutoCal device to exactly how you like it.

Nothing else on the market can be adjusted like ours. NO LOSS OF THROTTLE RESOLUTION like with the competitors

product. Our is TOTALLY SAFE and it even works on the 2005 C6 which theirs DOES NOT.

CoW BOOSTER! is NOT a plug in module with wires hanging off of it and installs into the pcm where it can not

be touched by anyone. Nothing can go wrong and 100% pedal is 100% throttle....

With other devices approximately 3/4 throttle and up is 100% throttle wide open which does not sound very

safe when you think about it. READ THE FINE PRINT... it's there.

Many of you have tried the competitor's product and ours in the same day and there's no question that there is NO COMPARISON.

CoW BOOSTER! is guaranteed to put a smile on your face!

Call any time. 914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Old 12-04-2013, 02:27 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
This is wrong, pretty much all of it. It isn't about speed of the blade as it is about ratio of pedal depression verses blade opening. IMO.
The OP's question is about devices that claim to reduce throttle lag, which they define as the position of the foot pedal to the feeling of acceleration in the butt. aka SOTP. That's a perceived condition, not a physical one. The actual lag itself never changes, only the impression of it to the driver. To a passenger, the feeling is the same, regardless of any foot pedal ratio changing device, because the rate of acceleration is identical.

It's a fact that the throttle plate movement is controlled by an electric motor that makes movements at the same speed during any change of the foot pedal. That lag is just microseconds, since what only exists as lag is in the motor speed that opens the throttle plate, and that will never change.

Those devices can change the relationship of foot pedal movement to throttle plate movement, but they don't change the speed of throttle plate movement. The speed and distance of a person's foot movement can produce the same results.

Get notified of new replies

To throttle lag on c6

Old 12-04-2013, 12:30 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

The OP's question is about devices that claim to reduce throttle lag, which they define as the position of the foot pedal to the feeling of acceleration in the butt. aka SOTP. That's a perceived condition, not a physical one. The actual lag itself never changes, only the impression of it to the driver. To a passenger, the feeling is the same, regardless of any foot pedal ratio changing device, because the rate of acceleration is identical.

It's a fact that the throttle plate movement is controlled by an electric motor that makes movements at the same speed during any change of the foot pedal. That lag is just microseconds, since what only exists as lag is in the motor speed that opens the throttle plate, and that will never change.

Those devices can change the relationship of foot pedal movement to throttle plate movement, but they don't change the speed of throttle plate movement. The speed and distance of a person's foot movement can produce the same results.

Blather away but you're still wrong. It isn't perceived as you say. I can tell you've never tried it either.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:39 PM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Our cars are tuned for emissions and economy which in some cases cause a lean tip in when you get on the gas quick. While not a solution for everyone...I spend a few extra bucks and bought HP Tuners and used the scanner to see where the lean spot was occurring and adjusted transient fueling to be a bit richer in that area. Solved the lag problem and also allowed me to do a few other performance enhancements.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:49 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default I'm going to have to step in here....

I'm going to have to step in here.... Clearly, the little bit you THINK you know about how such things work

has caused you to make incorrect statements and mislead people.

It's seems to make sense to you and you've convinced yourself that you know what you are talking about, but

PLEASE leave the technical part to the experts.

A PERSON'S FOOT MOVEMENT CAN NOT duplicate the effect that my CoW BOOSTER!

creates. EVERY person that has tried it knows this for a fact.

You only understand a small piece of what's happening and should refrain for speaking about such things without

first consulting someone who does know what they are talking about.

This guy GETS IT... Blather away but you're still wrong. It isn't perceived as you say. I can tell you've never tried it either.

Thanks for understanding.
Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: throttle lag on c6