C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help!!! Car starts, service abs comes on, then car dies

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 07:03 PM
DPRVette
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please help!!! Car starts, service abs comes on, then car dies

Installed my HUD yesterday and after putting everything back together on the first attempt HUD didnt seem to work but car started fine and stayed on. I cycled through the DIC menu and noticed only one tpms sensor was reading. I then turned car off, disconnected battery and rechecked wiring and seemed like one of the quick splices didnt quite cut through to the wire(ground from hud wire harness) so I then cut the wire a little to be sure the splice would touch, reconnected the battery, started the car, still no HUD coming on that I noticed but almost immediately noticed the radio started glitching and then saw service abs come on the dash, then the car shut off. Tried to restart but the button wouldnt do anything; Acc, aux, etc.

So today I went over everything again and made sure to tighten the battery down and sure enough car started fine but within about 5 seconds service abs comes on then car shuts off the same as if I turned it off. Took battery to oriellys and they said battery is good but only 70% charged. So right now just waiting to go pick it back up.

Any suggestions, comments, questions, answers, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks!!!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:32 PM
lonnyh
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you say"went over everything" does that include checking the HUD connections ? Seems like a power to ground issue. You might want to disconnect the HUD and test the car to confirm it isn't the HUD install. Hope this helps.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 PM
DPRVette
Heel & Toe

Thanks lonnyh. Yeah ive went over the wiring 4 times now and even after having the battery fully charged still same thing but this time the car stays on longer. What i did notice is that before starting the car when the service abs came on it basically killed the radio and dash but headlights were still on. So I killed the headlights and then everything came back on. Im thinking there must be something with the wiring harness or something because I followed the instructions to the tee and went over them 4 times now. I will disconnect the HUD completely and see if that solves the problem, atleast with the car acting funny. Oh yeah and the HUD still doesnt come on so that tells me something as well. Ill post again once i disconnect the HUD. Again thanks!!!
Old 11-28-2013, 01:46 PM
DPRVette
Heel & Toe

Yep, definitely something eith the wiring. Unhooked HUD and car is back to normal. I really have to figure this out, didnt buy a HuD for nothing.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:06 PM
lonnyh
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It might be an internal short in the HUD unit itself. If you have confirmed your wiring, take a picture of it, contact the seller for an RMA number and exchange the HUD unit. Good luck, and try to enjoy your turkey.
Another thing you might want to do , if you have an ohmmeter, while disconnected, measure the resistance between the power connector and the ground if that is near 0 ohms it will help confirm the unit is shorted.

Last edited by lonnyh; 11-28-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Please help!!! Car starts, service abs comes on, then car dies

Quick Reply: Please help!!! Car starts, service abs comes on, then car dies