C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch master cylinder or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 04:35 PM
TRUOMEGA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch master cylinder or something else?

Hey all... 36000 miles 2008 c6 coupe manual.
So this is been going on for approximately 6 months now. I press the clutch pedal to floor with no problem to start the car (pedal does squeak a bit as i press the pedal to the floor). After the car starts up, when i press the clutch pedal down to put the car into 1st gear, the pedal feels weird. Sort of like the fluid is more restricted. Like a "burr" effect type of feel if that makes any sense. After shifting 4 or 5 more times, the pedal feels normal again. It goes into gear just fine either way. ~ 1 month ago my check engine light came on. Turned out it was a P0806 (Clutch Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Malfunction). Took it to autozone and told me it was a fluke. He cleared the code and all was well until last night. Was on the highway. My foot was "resting" on the clutch pedal while in 6th gear and all a sudden the check engine light came on again. Same code is coming up (P0806). Not to sure what the cause of the issue is. When i do a search people says the clutch master cylinder is bad. Some say its the clutch switch and others seem to think its the spring. Just as a side note, I did the advance ranger method with the syringe and tubing that was mentioned here a little bit ago to clear up the clutch fluid using DOT 3&4 brake fluid. Before i take it to the shop..... Can anyone chime in and advise as to what the most probable cause may be in my situation? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Quick Reply: Clutch master cylinder or something else?