C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 > C7 (Changed my mind)

Old 11-13-2013, 07:28 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I love my C6 and I love the look of the C7, BUT, I do not think my C6 looks dated at all next to the C7, maybe it is the widebody, but for now I will keep my C6 and wait to see what develops in the next year or two...

Does this really look dated?

Old 11-13-2013, 08:43 AM
zcarbon
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenDiem
Well boys,

I took my '13 C6 to my local dealership for its final oil/filter/clutch fluid change b/4 old winter finally arrives...

When I dropped my C6 off at the dealership, there was a brand new C7parked right next to my car. At first, I thought, the C7 is a pretty nice car, but I prefer the looks of my C6.

A few hours later, I arrived at the dealership to pick up my newly serviced C6. [Again, the new black C7 was parked next to my C6. It was at this moment (my second in-person view of the new C7) that the C7 started looking pretty good, to pretty damn good!

I stared at each car for several minutes, and I could not believe what I was thinking. The C6 is already beginning to look dated next to the
C7. I never thought I would think/say this, so close to the new C7 introduction.

The large exhausts coming from the center look awesome. The front headlights look great and the entire car looks muscular and chiseled. I will say that the rear lights are starting to grow on me, but just a little bit. I still prefer rounder tail lights but the overall car looks stunning. The interior is a win!

I left the dealership noting that I look forward to the new C7 ZR1 or Z06

I'm generally a traditionalist, but the new C7 is a winner. It took two live views of the C7 for me to draw this conclusion...

I love my C6, but the new C7 in the flesh looks much better than in pictures...

The new C7 (ZR1 or Z06) is definitely in my future plans...

Well done Chevrolet!
Dealerships don't play fairHang tough guy

Last edited by zcarbon; 11-13-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 400 Likes on 281 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

While I enjoy looking at the C7, my C6 is plenty for me. To me the C7 looks "transformer" like, while the C6 looks sexy. The C7 looks muscular, while the C6 looks smooth.
Both are great looking vehicles...it depends on which look you prefer.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Xcessiv
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rebel 1
Add some Mascara and......

Nice pic! It inspired me to create another Photoshop.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I saw my first C7 at a dealership this past weekend. I'm not too into rear end of the car, but it is a great looking car. Better than the pictures indeed. I love my C6, but the C7 is awesome.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:16 AM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by BenDiem
Well boys,

I took my '13 C6 to my local dealership for its final oil/filter/clutch fluid change b/4 old winter finally arrives...

When I dropped my C6 off at the dealership, there was a brand new C7parked right next to my car. At first, I thought, the C7 is a pretty nice car, but I prefer the looks of my C6.

A few hours later, I arrived at the dealership to pick up my newly serviced C6. Again, the new black C7 was parked next to my C6. It was at this moment (my second in-person view of the new C7) that the C7 started looking pretty good, to pretty damn good!

I stared at each car for several minutes, and I could not believe what I was thinking. The C6 is already beginning to look dated next to the
C7. I never thought I would think/say this, so close to the new C7 introduction.

The large exhausts coming from the center look awesome. The front headlights look great and the entire car looks muscular and chiseled. I will say that the rear lights are starting to grow on me, but just a little bit. I still prefer rounder tail lights but the overall car looks stunning. The interior is a win!

I left the dealership noting that I look forward to the new C7 ZR1 or Z06

I'm generally a traditionalist, but the new C7 is a winner. It took two live views of the C7 for me to draw this conclusion...

I love my C6, but the new C7 in the flesh looks much better than in pictures...

The new C7 (ZR1 or Z06) is definitely in my future plans...

Well done Chevrolet!
I totally agree... I will be waiting at the dealer when it is time to order..
Old 11-13-2013, 11:00 AM
GrandSportRob
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Xcessiv
Nice pic! It inspired me to create another Photoshop.
This pic says it all, when in the previous 6 generations have we compared the car to a Camaro? It's like GM spent so much time on too many creases & angles they got tired when they got to the rear end & gave up.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:32 AM
mickey5
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 110 Posts

These comparisons are akin to how you like your women...sunny side up or over easy.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:39 AM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100
Where did you get this idea about the 'younger generation'?

Who said we must emulate European styling?

The Ferrari 458 styling is spectacular, as is the Aventador. Every Aston Martin is gorgeous.

Mercedes and Audi sedans are well styled inside and out. The LFA is a beautiful car as are all the Lotus cars.

The C5,6 and 7 are unique and spectacular. Mustangs are retro and modern as is the Challenger.

Great styling is great styling no matter where it's origin. We live in a world market where ideas don't respect national borders.

I'm afraid the notion of purely 'American' style is more outmoded all the time.

And I, for one, want the best the world has to offer.
FWIW, all of us are influenced by advertising. GM execs and engineers have pointed to the "European" styling of the C7. Another said it was more international in styling and no longer an overtly American styled sports car. My gosh man, look at the advertising world. "European" is the buzz word used to make the product seem posh, hip, sophisticated.
I too, like the cars you have put forth as admirable style. However GM execs have said they were going for the younger generation. They have said the C7 is more European in styling and not overtly American. I submit that they took the surveys, found out what the younger generation likes and built the C7,

Originally Posted by 96GS#007
Living under a rock? It's lingo for someone that doesn't like something....ie the C6 owner that doesn't care for C7 styling, or the opposite. Has nothing to do with demeaning someone. Lighten up, it's an internet forum.
I'm not sure what to write to you since you apparently don't think words have any meaning. But let me try. Since everyone doesn't like something, doesn't that make all of us "haters" And what do we call someone who actually does hate ?

Now you may use the slang in good fun without any real thought to what you are really saying. But I know where distortion of the term came from and that it was meant to belittle someone who disagrees with you. I come from a debate background and am familiar with the tactic. So that's why I dislike the term so much.

So let me ask you something. When someone is called a "hater" is that supposed to make him feel welcome or make him line up with the thoughts of the group thought? I've always taken it as the later. Am I wrong?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:45 PM
besz28
Pro

Originally Posted by jackhall99
That's what you believe, but not all agree with you. The C6 is still a great looking car to most people.
I agree with this i own a c6
Old 11-13-2013, 01:36 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I love my '13 Coupe. Big improvement all the way around from my '06. Then there are 2 facts historically: the last Vette of a model has built in collector value down the road. Conversely, the first always has problems and is generally the least desirable, again down the road. Secondly, the prices on C6s were some of the best Corvette has ever offered. I figure $7000+ better than if I had waited to get a comparable '14. With Bullets and the popped shroud, plus the lighter weight of my coupe, the performance I enjoy is a wash. I certainly don't think the C7 is ugly, but it has features I just don't like--starting with cylinder deactivation, useless rear windows, cheap looking plastic grills on any color but black, and the Mattel rear end with Camaro tail lights that don't look bad, just don't look Corvette. To each his own, but I made the right choice for me.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 109 Posts

My 11GS is a great car, but I took a drive in a C7 this weekend and the seats are outstanding. Interior is a HUGH upgrade and like I already said the seats are extremely comfortable. Made my C6 feel like I was seating on wooden bench seats.

Give he C7 a chance to work out any bugs and let the price stabilize and there will be one sitting in my garage.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Jitsu
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I actually prefer the look of the C5 but wanted the refinement and LS3 of the C6.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:44 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 959 Likes on 571 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by corvetteflier
I love my '13 Coupe. Big improvement all the way around from my '06. Then there are 2 facts historically: the last Vette of a model has built in collector value down the road. Conversely, the first always has problems and is generally the least desirable, again down the road. Secondly, the prices on C6s were some of the best Corvette has ever offered. I figure $7000+ better than if I had waited to get a comparable '14. With Bullets and the popped shroud, plus the lighter weight of my coupe, the performance I enjoy is a wash. I certainly don't think the C7 is ugly, but it has features I just don't like--starting with cylinder deactivation, useless rear windows, cheap looking plastic grills on any color but black, and the Mattel rear end with Camaro tail lights that don't look bad, just don't look Corvette. To each his own, but I made the right choice for me.
So a 96 corvette is collectible? And a 82? No way those cars and the 13 becomes collectible. Maybe the 427 vert.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:56 PM
mrhandy
Instructor

I have an 05 Daytona Sunset Orange C6.I have seen the C7s in person and I think both cars look really good.To me the curves of the C6 or more beautiful.Thing is,the C7 is new tech.With new tech comes changes.Sometimes change is hard to get used to when you seen one thing for some time.If it were possible for me,I'd have one of each.
Michael
Old 11-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Yoav G
CorvetteForum Editor

Originally Posted by J Vette
FWIW, all of us are influenced by advertising. GM execs and engineers have pointed to the "European" styling of the C7. Another said it was more international in styling and no longer an overtly American styled sports car. My gosh man, look at the advertising world. "European" is the buzz word used to make the product seem posh, hip, sophisticated.
I too, like the cars you have put forth as admirable style. However GM execs have said they were going for the younger generation. They have said the C7 is more European in styling and not overtly American. I submit that they took the surveys, found out what the younger generation likes and built the C7,
Ther was a time in America where unique and rugged individualism was a positive trait to be sought after.
Some perspective from a younger guy, former automotive designer and Corvette Forum editor... When I went to the C7 reveal, it was apparent that GM was using the word "European" like some sort of magical buzzword that was picked to convey the C7s intrinsic value. Ok, so perhaps it has become overused.

But for those whose nostalgia has overcome actual memory, please don't forget that Misterl intended the C1 as an American interpretation of the European sports car. It was conceived and designed to appeal to an American populace who had seen a sports car while serving in the European theater in WWII and then, having become successful ten years on, wanted something similar. American pride/chest-thumping aside, the Corvette has always had a connection to Europe.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:31 PM
fnbrowning
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteflier
I love my '13 Coupe. . (snip) . .
I liked what corvetteflier wrote so much, that I wanted to praise his prose with my paraphrase.

There are some big C7 improvements from my '09 Z51. Mostly to do with the electronic suspension controls.

However the first new generation always has problems and is generally the least desirable, down the road. The prices on C6s were some of the best Corvette has ever offered. I know I wouldn't be in a Vette today if I had to pay what a comparable '14 costs now.

With the lighter weight of my coupe, + my high lift rockers & headers, the performance I enjoy is a wash. I certainly don't think the C7 is ugly, but it has features I just don't like - - starting with cylinder deactivation, useless rear windows, cheap looking plastic grills on any color but black, and the Mattel rear end with Camaro tail lights that don't look bad, just don't look Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 > C7 (Changed my mind)

Old 11-13-2013, 03:38 PM
fnbrowning
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 66 Posts

I hate the misuse & distortion of a word (hater) for the reason of mischaracterizing and demeaning a person who holds a different view.
Originally Posted by 96GS#007
Living under a rock? It's lingo for someone that doesn't like something....ie the C6 owner that doesn't care for C7 styling, or the opposite. Has nothing to do with demeaning someone. Lighten up, it's an internet forum.
I'm not sure what to write to you since you apparently don't think words have any meaning. But let me try. Since everyone doesn't like something, doesn't that make all of us "haters" And what do we call someone who actually does hate ?

Now you may use the slang in good fun without any real thought to what you are really saying. But I know where distortion of the term came from and that it was meant to belittle someone who disagrees with you. I come from a debate background and am familiar with the tactic. So that's why I dislike the term so much.

So let me ask you something. When someone is called a "hater" is that supposed to make him feel welcome or make him line up with the thoughts of the group thought? I've always taken it as the later.
Am I wrong?
J Vette
Thanks, that needs to be said more often. Words do have meaning.
The tendency to push 'group think' is too strong on internet forums.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:52 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
So a 96 corvette is collectible? And a 82? No way those cars and the 13 becomes collectible. Maybe the 427 vert.
It all depends on which of the 82 and the 96.

Look at the price of a nice, low mile, original CE 82. Even though they dont demant 100k they are still expensive and the same price as new (and usually more).

The 1996 GS is still 35k+ for a decently low mile example. Some in the mid 40s. Compared to what it cost new its not much of a loss.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:00 PM
noz34me
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
The rear of the c7 still look like *** to me after seeing several c7's. I also find it funny all of stickies the c7 forum already has including it's very own TROLL guide lol...

The c6 looks anything but dated...though I love the sound of the c7...

This will always look good.

you can't make this stuff up...
That, in a Yugo would look good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 > C7 (Changed my mind)