C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Radio Crooks

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:02 PM
sledmaster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default XM Radio Crooks

I am feed up with XM radio games. They still owe me for 8 months of service and now they are trying to charge me again. I am done with these idiots.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

I have heard a lot of bad things about XM. If I were you, I would contact your state's Attorney Generals office and file a complaint. They do follow up on these type things. Good luck!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:43 PM
bothred
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Who needs XM when you can stick a big GB thumb drive in the usb port?
Old 11-22-2013, 07:18 PM
unixcorn
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

If it wasn't such a hassle to get the complimentary time listed on the window sticker, I might be more inclined to use their service. As it is, the service went off after three months (should have been longer) and I don't want to call them. So I just use my iPhone. When they go out of business, I won't wonder why.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:41 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm sorry you are having trouble. I've had xm/serius in 2 vehicles. But I've not found them to be that hard to deal with. AAMOF, when I bought my vette, even though it was used the girl gave me 3 months free.

FWIW, I usually get the 6 mo/ $25 deal and threaten to cancel the service when the time is up. Then they usually give me the same deal again. I've even called after the standard rate started and told them to suspend the service and they again gave me the same deal. You just have to talk to them. I've done this for about 3-4 yrs now.
Ask to speak to a supervisor if you keep having troubles
Old 11-22-2013, 07:49 PM
fireinv38
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default XM Radio

love them. easy to work with, very open to my request for discounted service. they do not know who TJ Lubinski is he was on ch-5 doing the oldies and they fired him without notice. still listen to oldies. they are a reputable company and have been with them for years. no issues.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:51 PM
MelAnn
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same as J Vette. Been doing this for at least 5 years on two cars.
Works 95% of the time. Only once did they refuse. I told them to turn it off. They did, and a week later I got the offer in the mail. Turned it back on for $25/6 mnths.

A bit of a hassle, but that's what I'm willing to do, and all I'm willing to pay.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by J Vette
I'm sorry you are having trouble. I've had xm/serius in 2 vehicles. But I've not found them to be that hard to deal with. AAMOF, when I bought my vette, even though it was used the girl gave me 3 months free.

FWIW, I usually get the 6 mo/ $25 deal and threaten to cancel the service when the time is up. Then they usually give me the same deal again. I've even called after the standard rate started and told them to suspend the service and they again gave me the same deal. You just have to talk to them. I've done this for about 3-4 yrs now.
That's how I also handle it, but you definitely need patience.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:57 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Done with XM and Netflix...Never again!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by bothred
Who needs XM when you can stick a big GB thumb drive in the usb port?
Or stream off the cell phone/
Old 11-22-2013, 08:20 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I did a lifetime with XM 8 years ago for $399 on a portable and never had to deal with them again.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:37 PM
KWC6
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I canceled them in all 3 vehicles.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Same experience here on 4 of my vehicles. They've always been very nice, professional and accomodating to me. Been doing the same deal you have for quite awhile now, even though the first person you get on the phone says it was a 1 time promotion. Tell them it costs too much, they send you to the deal makers & all is good. Usually they will try the 1 year for $88 deal first. Decline that saying it's too much & then you get the $25 deal.

Only once did I get someone who was new on their end and played stupid. I hung up, called again and all was good.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:12 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by fireinv38
love them. easy to work with, very open to my request for discounted service. they do not know who TJ Lubinski is he was on ch-5 doing the oldies and they fired him without notice. still listen to oldies. they are a reputable company and have been with them for years. no issues.
Bull, you must work for them....They are terrible lol..

edit for...If it wasn't for all the spam they send they could sell it for 5 dollars a month....and it still would be terrible.

Last edited by hawkgfr; 11-22-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 PM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

I did that after the first three months, then will have to do it again in January and every six months thereafter. The problem is that if you don't remember to call before the expiration date, then perform a dog-and-pony show that you want to cancel while really only wanting the same rate again, they'll send you a bill for the full top-gouge amount and expect you to pay it. That's no problem for me as I just put a note in my Outlook calendar. It'd be nice if the machinations could be avoided and just have them send me a bill for $25, plus fees and taxes ($3.88 for me), but that's not the way they do business.

I was advised here that I should not give them my credit card number and I haven't, so they send me an invoice and promptly pay by check. Of course an invoice costs $2 extra, which you can also negotiate. The games never end.

The problem I have with even paying $25/6-mo. is that I listen to only about three music channels, which to me isn't worth even what I'm paying. The quality is mediocre and the signal frequently blocked by trees, 18-wheelers, multi-story buildings, birds, and flying insects--okay, maybe just the first three. It wouldn't be much of a loss if I canceled permanently, but I can see value in the service for folks who travel a lot and have a multifaceted taste in music and talking heads. I just don't fit that niche.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:18 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I do the same thing....just too bad....they have an OK product....but terrible billing program
Old 11-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Baxter's Dad
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been with XM for nine years. No problems and love the product.

Get notified of new replies

To XM Radio Crooks

Old 11-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Rustysocket
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had Sirius/XM in the last 7 cars I have owned. It's not rocket science. It's just a stupid game. I set a reminder to google calendar about a week before it is due to renew, I get an email and alert on my phone, I call and tell them I'd like to cancel. They offer to renew 6/25$. I ask why can't I just do a couple of years at the same rate..... the kid on the phone can't.. so I ask when my renewal will be due and put it in calendar again... rinse and repeat.

I like the service. I only listen to a few channels but they are unique to the service. I don't have to buy music, I don't have to think much about it... it just is what it is.

Only thing I have never done is give them a CC #. They invoice me. I pay the extra 2$... BFD.

I am glad it is an option.

I will say this... the antenna in the vette is the shittiest one I have ever owned. My F350 never drops. Wifes VW never drops. New Pcar.. Occasionally.

Last edited by Rustysocket; 11-22-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:18 AM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sledmaster
I am feed up with XM radio games. They still owe me for 8 months of service and now they are trying to charge me again. I am done with these idiots.

I found out that the "free" period is something that my dealer had to correct. All new cars get 3 months and GM/Chevy needs to handle getting the extended time added....told to me by xm customer service/ added by my Corvette salesman.

My free period expires 12/7/13, not sure what I will do.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:55 AM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

I am at a point where I may drop them in January.
I looked at my amount due for my Corvette and it is 196.xx for 2014.
In July it is 120.xx for my Camaro.
XM is just not worth it.
Unlike some, I don't like playing the XM game.
DirectV has been playing the same tricks.

Quick Reply: XM Radio Crooks