C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost down to my last nerve...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:23 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by JJC5
I'm confused..Do you expect a payback every time you give something? Personally, if you were to tell me I have a nice car, I would reciprocate and say the same to you but I wouldn't "expect" you to or be butt hurt if you didn't. Life's too short man... and I don't think your age has anything to do with it. It's not a big deal that you're young and have a Vette.

OP: Why your subsequent post calling these people "douche"? Get a grip and move on.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:28 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You know...I hate to say it but there are a lot of people who drive Corvettes that are Buttheads.....plain and simple....just check out a thread or two....some make light or have a response but others will find it arrogant, or rude.....one guy thinks I am arrogant cause I was giving an OP some grief for running regular gas on his road trips....and saying we all can't have Lambos?...well it does help to have some broad shoulders sometimes....but then again I just don't understand the "My car is way better than your car group"...
Fortunately most Vette people are pretty good people....so remember them and forget the others...
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Big deal, I doubt anyone is jealous because you appear young and are driving a Vette. They are not that hard to obtain cost wise just impractical for most people.
Also I have no idea why you think the Z owner was required to return any kind of compliment to you or give you anything other than what he did.
He acknowledged your comment what else do you want.
Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute here! You mean to tell me owning a $31k used vette at age 35 is not a big deal!?!?! No shiii!!! Lol the only reason I mention my age is because these guys were older and maybe they had the whole "these young punks dont deserve or appreciate these cars" attitude....I know owning a vette isn't a big deal when you can buy an 06 for 27K but a new nissan 370Z is well over 35K and over 40K fully loaded...kids in high school are driving them...so unlike others on here I know my car isn't a Ferrari and shares a hunch of parts with my 09 malibu...that's not the issue...but hey thanks for your reply...

Last edited by C6ROLLER; 10-29-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Life is to short to let such trivial things bother you.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Al Gumby
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mundo
I like your avatar. B-58 Hustler best bomber ever. As far as you feeling your not getting respect. Get over it. Quit whining. Who cares?
Pretty sure that's a fully loaded F-16.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:34 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Al Gumby
Pretty sure that's a fully loaded F-16.
It is, just didn't wana say anything... thought I was missing something.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:35 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie
Life is to short to let such trivial things bother you.
You are right. Just felt like sharing...
Old 10-29-2013, 06:36 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER
Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute here! You mean to tell me owning a $31k used vette at age 35 is not a big deal!?!?! No shiii!!! Lol the only reason I mention my age is because these guys were older and maybe they had the whole "these young punks dont deserve or appreciate these cars" attitude....I know owning a vette isn't a big deal when you can buy an 06 for 27K but a new nissan 370Z is well over 35K and over 40K fully loaded...kids in high school are driving them...so unlike others on here I know my car isn't a Ferrari and shares a hunch of parts with my 09 malibu...that's not the issue...but hey thanks for your reply...
Slow down and get over yourself.

Age has nothing to do with anything, whether it's a used C6 or anything else. Several younger guys attend our Chicago Crew lunches and Cars n Coffee for St. Jude, and are an accepted part of the group.

You gave a compliment and are making a big deal that they didn't reciprocate. So what? Move on. It's easier on your's nerves.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:36 PM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dvilin
Big deal, I doubt anyone is jealous because you appear young and are driving a Vette. They are not that hard to obtain cost wise just impractical for most people.
Also I have no idea why you think the Z owner was required to return any kind of compliment to you or give you anything other than what he did.
He acknowledged your comment what else do you want.
I try to be social but sometimes get in my own world trying to relax. When it comes to my vette...love it, hate it, think what you want as I own it for me and me only. I try and treat others the way I want to be treated but always try to do so without expectations of reciprocation.

Road tripped with a buddy in a Lotus and quickly became invisible to everyone we came around....We laughed as it was like the Jock hanging out with the Nerd, it was funny to be a part of.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:42 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Slow down and get over yourself.

Age has nothing to do with anything, whether it's a used C6 or anything else. Several younger guys attend our Chicago Crew lunches and Cars n Coffee for St. Jude, and are an accepted part of the group.

You gave a compliment and are making a big deal that they didn't reciprocate. So what? Move on. It's easier on your's nerves.
I'm just saying one compliment deserves another, that's all...yeah your right it's not a big deal...just annoyed me at the moment it happened and wanted to talk to vette nation about it...thanks for your reply...
Old 10-29-2013, 06:46 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm just saying one compliment deserves another, that's all...yeah your right it's not a big deal...just annoyed me at the moment it happened and wanted to talk to vette nation about it...thanks for your reply...
Don't let it get to you. I'll shoot the breeze under those conditions 99% of the time, but sometimes I'm preoccupied with something else. Just enjoy the great car and drive it safely.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 288 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by mundo
I like your avatar. B-58 Hustler best bomber ever. As far as you feeling your not getting respect. Get over it. Quit whining. Who cares?
B-36..
Old 10-29-2013, 07:09 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
B-36..
B-17, B-2...my faves
Old 10-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 288 Likes on 269 Posts

Twice now I've complimented a fellow vette owner on his car (one a clean C5 and the other a beautiful orange C6Z) and both times they saw my clean black C6 before I complimented their car and after I make the compliment they just look at me with a blank stare and kind of mumble thanks or something and just continue to look at me....these gentleman were in their 50s or older...I'm 35 but people say I look a lil younger....not sure if these guys look at me like a spoiled a$$ kid (which is definitely not the case, I've worked hard to get where I'm at) or what but damn would it kill them to say " thanks you got a nice vette yourself there bud" just irritates me... some things just erk me...maybe I'm just a whiner but damn if someone rolled up in a modified civic and said "nice vette bro" I'd say "nice civic" just to be nice and not an a$$hole but that's just me...ok rant over.
I would of said..You'r Welcome..FU..
Old 10-29-2013, 07:11 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Yep! That'll teach him!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:14 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 PM
colo63sw
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

The guy in the Z06 really got to me, we were at the tire/wheel shop and I had just had my new gloss black wheels and new tires installed on my black C6 and he had just pulled up and was about to get out of his car , I pulled up to his car cop style, driver side to driver side and my car was looking super clean...I say "hey nice Z man", he just looked at me and nodded his head...wtf? He couldn't say"thanks you too " or something? Douche...
There can always be explanations.
Maybe the guy thought you looked too young and assumed you worked at the tire store, in which case it wasn’t your car and he thought ‘what is this grease monkey in a nice vette doing complementing my car…’
It’s not always that people are being mean.

I always thank people when they complement my car. Keep complementing, you will run into nice people.

Get notified of new replies

To Almost down to my last nerve...

Old 10-29-2013, 07:35 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by colo63sw
There can always be explanations.
Maybe the guy thought you looked too young and assumed you worked at the tire store, in which case it wasn’t your car and he thought ‘what is this grease monkey in a nice vette doing complementing my car…’
It’s not always that people are being mean.

I always thank people when they complement my car. Keep complementing, you will run into nice people.
You calling me a grease monkey?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:40 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,431 Likes on 2,796 Posts

Twice now I've complimented a fellow vette owner on his car (one a clean C5 and the other a beautiful orange C6Z) and both times they saw my clean black C6 before I complimented their car and after I make the compliment they just look at me with a blank stare and kind of mumble thanks or something and just continue to look at me....these gentleman were in their 50s or older...I'm 35 but people say I look a lil younger....not sure if these guys look at me like a spoiled a$$ kid (which is definitely not the case, I've worked hard to get where I'm at) or what but damn would it kill them to say " thanks you got a nice vette yourself there bud" just irritates me... some things just erk me...maybe I'm just a whiner but damn if someone rolled up in a modified civic and said "nice vette bro" I'd say "nice civic" just to be nice and not an a$$hole but that's just me...ok rant over.
I'd guess it's because your car is black, has been outside for at least 15 seconds, and thus is FILTHY.

Quick Reply: Almost down to my last nerve...