C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer refused to fix my car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Hourin Snap-On
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer refused to fix my car.

I dropped my car off at the local dealer because it sounded like a pulley was going bad. It could have also been a bad belt. When I picked up the car and drove home the irritation noise was still there. A few weeks later I got a gm survey. I said the service was great but they didn't fix the car.
I dropped the car off again got fix the problem and one of the techs told me their not going to fix it because I gave them a bad survey. I picked it up and they gave me a tsb on belt noise. step 4 change the belt. They never changed it. Can a dealer refuse to fix my 2012 4k grand sport? I called another dealer and he told me I should have lied on the survey and go back and have it fixed. What's the point if the survey if you lie? Has anyone else ever run in to this problem?
Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Call the GM customer service # in your OM to report this.

And find another dealer--don't let the first one work on your car.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:23 PM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

That sucks! Hopefully one of these GM Reps who lurk on the forum will see this.

Jacky Jones Chevrolet in Murphy, NC.
I Love my dealership!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:32 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

with the posters above me. Don't go back to the dealer that refused your service, also make sure you contact GM Customer Service & maybe you can contact the one that's here on this forum.

Look around your area to find a NEW dealer to work on it. Sounds like the dealer is full of BS if they wouldn't fix your car. Good Luck.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:36 PM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Privately owned business can refuse anybody...not sure how dealerships work though. I think you should escalate your concerns to the Service manager or General manager of that dealership. You said a tech but wouldn't have you talked to a service writer?

Either way no one will touch any of my cars that feels that way. Good luck
Old 10-12-2013, 09:01 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I had an issue with a Chevy dealer in NJ a few years back and reported them to detroit. That dealer had had other problems and GM wound up taking back their license to sell. DO NOT take any BS from a dealer.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:48 PM
noz34me
Pro

Wow. I dinged the closest dealer to me pretty hard on that survey. It will be interesting to see what happens, but I really didn't intend on going back to them anyhow.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:55 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Start making calls, and let GM know what occurred, I bet they will be interested of your concern.
Keep us posted.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:03 PM
brettbolt
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my '13 GS in May, the dealer put maximum pressure on me to give them all 100% marks in the satisfaction survey.

They called me and left messages reminding me. I finally did the survey and gave them what they wanted.

Then at the end of the survey, the question was "Did anyone at the dealer pressure you to give a positive survey?" I lied and said no.

I would have given them a 100% or something close to that anyway, but I did not appreciate the pressure.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:03 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by BlueAngelSAE
Privately owned business can refuse anybody...not sure how dealerships work though. I think you should escalate your concerns to the Service manager or General manager of that dealership. You said a tech but wouldn't have you talked to a service writer?

Either way no one will touch any of my cars that feels that way. Good luck
do whatever you feel like doing about it, but DO note the above underlined. remember, some small minds have nasty memories and act on their small-mindedness. what you don't want is their acting out on your car.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:04 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
Start making calls, and let GM know what occurred, I bet they will be interested of your concern.
Keep us posted.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:10 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Call the GM of the dealership and put the name of the dealership on the forum. And tell everyone you know how horrible you were treated. And call GM! Give us the name and number!!!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Like dem Vettes
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GM and its dealers haven't changed much after bankruptcy. Look around, GM. Some dealers reflect poorly on you despite the fact that they are independent businesses.

I tried my local Chevrolet dealer for warranty work on my 06 Corvette. The vehicle went into the dealer in pristine condition and came out with a large scratch on the door. It's amazing how the door can get scratched while the tech was repairing the seat belt.

I realize that I can travel to another dealership, but that is inconvenient. My solution is not to purchase another GM vehicle. I'll stick with Toyota. The service isn't any better, but the vehicles are better.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:23 AM
mike5150
3rd Gear

just got my 2010 c6 back from the dealer in Las Vegas..they did a good job of addressing the problems...said the car would be stored inside, which he lied about.so I had to grill him on the complete job, don't sign anything until you look the car over thoroughly. You don't have to be a ***.but be very clear on your concerns and that they were fixed right and yea you know about question 16 on the survey..that's where they make their money. If they did good say so..if not before you leave. tell them your not happy with the work.they usually will make it right
Old 10-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Hourin Snap-On
... I said the service was great but they didn't fix the car. I dropped the car off again got fix the problem and one of the techs told me their not going to fix it because I gave them a bad survey...
Sorry, but I'm finding this scenario very difficult to believe.

First, because given all the emphasis on customer service these days, it's hard to imagine anyone even saying that to a customer.

Second, it seems to me, that any reasonable person who is told by a tech that he refuses to repair their car because of a bad survey, would immediately have a talk with the service manager.

If the service manager didn't resolve the issue, the next step would be the dealership principle.

Third, if all of that failed, any reasonable person, would contact customer service at G.M.

Yet, you didn't do any of these things. Instead you post your concerns on a website forum???

What???
Old 10-13-2013, 07:09 AM
carsangelop
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister

First, because given all the emphasis on customer service these days, it's hard to imagine anyone even saying that to a customer.

Second, it seems to me, that any reasonable person who is told by a tech that he refuses to repair their car because of a bad survey, would immediately have a talk with the service manager.

If the service manager didn't resolve the issue, the next step would be the dealership principle.

Third, if all of that failed, any reasonable person, would contact customer service at G.M.

Yet, you didn't do any of these things. Instead you post your concerns on a website forum???

What???
Old 10-13-2013, 07:42 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

... I dropped the car off again got fix the problem and one of the techs told me their not going to fix it because I gave them a bad survey. ...
Sounds like the system worked. You brought the car in, one of the techs tried to fix it and didn't, you dinged the dealership, the survey got back to said dealership, who had a chat with that tech, who refused to work on your car the second time.

I think it was an unfortunate coincidence your car was assigned to the same tech that worked on it the first time, and the discussion he had with his manager regarding the survey still burned. The dealer didn't refuse to work on your car, that tech did. Please let me know if I misunderstood the circumstances.

Surveys work, but if mismanaged, they can backfire.

And as surveys become more popular, brace for more pressure to "give us 100%."

Get notified of new replies

To dealer refused to fix my car.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:25 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by brettbolt
When I bought my '13 GS in May, the dealer put maximum pressure on me to give them all 100% marks in the satisfaction survey.

Then at the end of the survey, the question was "Did anyone at the dealer pressure you to give a positive survey?" I lied and said no.
This make you the bigger part of the problem. What is so difficult about being honest? (Answer not necessary)
Old 10-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Hourin Snap-On
Cruising

Originally Posted by Hameister

What???
When I picked up the car the service manager gave me a copy of the tsb. I looked at it and asked what they did. He told me they couldn't find anything wrong. Step 4 says to replace the belt. They didn't do it. I asked him why and he said he wasn't sure and walked away. So I took the car and left . I didn't feel like having an argument. It's very irritatating after spending. $65k on a car.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 334 Posts

I dropped my car off at the local dealer because it sounded like a pulley was going bad. It could have also been a bad belt. When I picked up the car and drove home the irritation noise was still there. A few weeks later I got a gm survey. I said the service was great but they didn't fix the car.
I dropped the car off again got fix the problem and one of the techs told me their not going to fix it because I gave them a bad survey. I picked it up and they gave me a tsb on belt noise. step 4 change the belt. They never changed it. Can a dealer refuse to fix my 2012 4k grand sport? I called another dealer and he told me I should have lied on the survey and go back and have it fixed. What's the point if the survey if you lie? Has anyone else ever run in to this problem?
There's nothing useful in your profile. Where are you located & who is the dealer?

Quick Reply: dealer refused to fix my car.