C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:56 AM
R50THC5
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Have been with State Farm over 30 years, great service, no issues at all. Their rates are very competitive, have my house and 2 cars insured with them.
Been with then 25+ yrs, House and 2 cars. Have only a windshield claim during that time. Recent inquiries, most quoates were double what I am paying now. So far a good company for me.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:08 AM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Rates vary by location. In Utah State Farm wanted 2x as much for auto and about the same for home insurance as Allstate. I dumped USAA because they gave me an increase (up to 20%) on my insurance every 6 months with no claims. USAA also wouldn't help me when I was t boned making it sound real troublesome if I had them help me.

I don't care who you have though it is always good to check rates every year or so. I won't use some companies though even if they do have better rates (progressive/Geico) or a company whose rates depend on monitoring how I drive.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:01 PM
0PaulaH
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saplumr
State Farm is horrible! My parents dog chewed up their furniture while on vacation. Question from adjuster "has your dog done this before?" Of course the answer was no. Adjuster denied claim as stating "if if had had happened before it would be covered". Horrible company!
This doesn't even make any sense! He was serious, right?
Old 10-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by PaulaH
This doesn't even make any sense! He was serious, right?
Even after my post #18, he still insisted that his scenario was accurate.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

State Farm has treated us well. Besides, our agent is a surfer Blonde lady from Half Moon Bay.

I double check rates once in awhile just to keep them honest.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:42 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister
Even after my post #18, he still insisted that his scenario was accurate.
Mr post #18....I guess you gotta love the "experts?" that know it all. It's best you not attempt to know what has or has not occured, it has put your expertise in jeopardy. I've been a Plumbing and HVAC contractor for 35 years, been in the industry for 40 and I would NEVER be foolish enough to think I know it all! However...that being said, some actually think they do know it all. Go figure.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think your fine with either company. It comes down to the people who represent them. Hopefully you never need to use it.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Mr post #18....I guess you gotta love the "experts?" that know it all. It's best you not attempt to know what has or has not occured, it has put your expertise in jeopardy. I've been a Plumbing and HVAC contractor for 35 years, been in the industry for 40 and I would NEVER be foolish enough to think I know it all! However...that being said, some actually think they do know it all. Go figure.
I don't know if you simply don't bother to read, or you lack the capacity to do so.

I know little about the plumbing & A/C business, and would therefore be smart enough, to rely on the expertise of someone who is a professional in that field.

As I stated in post #9, I am an insurance professional, and have been a claims adjuster, and arson investigator for 35 years.

And yes, I am an expert in this field, and I do know what I'm talking about. Now, if you want to keep bad mouthing State Farm for not paying for something that I explained is not covered, you go right ahead.

I was just trying to educate you regarding why no payment was made, and it sure as heck wasn't because the dog didn't do it before! You're free to continue with that ridiculous story if you wish, I just hope that no one is foolish enough to believe that nonsense.

Have a nice day!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister
I don't know if you simply don't bother to read, or you lack the capacity to do so.

I know little about the plumbing & A/C business, and would therefore be smart enough, to rely on the expertise of someone who is a professional in that field.

As I stated in post #9, I am an insurance professional, and have been a claims adjuster, and arson investigator for 35 years.

And yes, I am an expert in this field, and I do know what I'm talking about. Now, if you want to keep bad mouthing State Farm for not paying for something that I explained is not covered, you go right ahead.

I was just trying to educate you regarding why no payment was made, and it sure as heck wasn't because the dog didn't do it before! You're free to continue with that ridiculous story if you wish, I just hope that no one is foolish enough to believe that nonsense.

Have a nice day!
I don't need any education and my comprehension skills are more than adequate and quite possibly considerably better than yours. My problem is you say what I've stated is inaccurate and therfore could not have possibly been happened. Obviously you have access to the filed claim from 35 years ago with knowledge of exactly what was said by every party involved. My question to you is simple. What could I possibly have to gain in this history? It happened as stated. It may be tough for you to admit that you are not as knowledgeable as you think but unfortunately for you it's true.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:21 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
Rates vary by location. In Utah State Farm wanted 2x as much for auto and about the same for home insurance as Allstate.
My rates dropped when I moved into temporary housing in a different zip code and raised back up plus some after the move into another zip code. I guess checking rates by zip code should be another factor if you plan to move.
Now even stranger was my rates dropped when the USPS split the zip code where I was living and I ended up in a newly created one and never left home. I guess there were better drivers in my half of the split.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

...I don't need any education...
Believe what you will. I give up.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 PM
jwf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had all Allstate for 35 years and only had one or two small claims in all that time. A few years ago another car backed into me in a parking lot and because it was a "backing" accident and we both had Allstate they made each of our policies pay for our own cars. I now have all my insurance with State Farm and my bill is a lot lower to boot.

Quick Reply: Insurance