C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing DashLogic for C6 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:38 AM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Very cool... a bit pricey, but very cool!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:40 AM
99NassauVette
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by franman69
Very cool... a bit pricey, but very cool!
It's cheaper than an aeroforce gauge and virtually does the same thing. As long as it works properly! Who's going to dive in first? Do we get early adopters discount? I'll write a review!!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:04 AM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Don't get me wrong, I like this product a lot. I'd love to buy one and play with it but right now I use an OBD wireless device for track days to send data to my Harry's Lap Timer... when not on the track, I use a Window Valet which I also really like. It seems I need an OBD splitter!.. I'm sure they make them, but what kind of a mess would that make below the steering wheel?? sounds potentially dangerous.. thoughts??
Old 10-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I have an OBD splitter i got from Amazon. They're fairly common but bulky. What we need is an "L" adapter the plugs in as flat as possible but angles big modules up and back out of the way.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:19 AM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tropicana
I have an OBD splitter i got from Amazon. They're fairly common but bulky. What we need is an "L" adapter the plugs in as flat as possible but angles big modules up and back out of the way.
Exactly.. anybody know of any OBD splitter like this??
Old 10-10-2013, 10:45 AM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 216 Likes on 140 Posts

Sure would be nice if you could include an input from some of the popular radar detectors, like the Passport.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:37 AM
mourat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys I will try to post some more video and I apologize for my camera.

The tool does not bother your legs even with the IO inputs, but you can get an L shaped connector to connect to the tool and your OBDII port, however as mentioned it's not a bother what so ever.

The tool is extremely easy to configure because the main things you can do right on your laptop so you dont have to be frustrated as it's all extremely easy to setup.

I dont leave home without it! I can see everything by switching between modes, and tuning for drivability has never been easier. You can have all your Fuel trims, right on your Heads up, and see the EVAP purge % as well which is one of the biggest nuisscances when tuning for drivability with these cars is EVAP screwing up fueling. Now you can see exactly how much and under what % it's happening live with zero lag.

You can customize the saying on your HID and DIC for warning messages. Example, if your ETC is too high you can say "WOW IT's HOT OVER HERE" right on your DIC or HUD and have a chime come on. Or you can even set up custom ones where you can have it warn you if IAT is high but ETC is lower than a certain point.

You can see when your METH hits because you can see the IAT drop instantly, and if you have Dave's module which switches to FLEX fuel hen meth hits, you can see the METH PID come up as 100% engaged.

You can see timing, KR all of it instantly while you drive, and set up your PID's all custom, and even add remove data from them. Example, I can have IAT reading + 1 as an example. Or instead of having it read IAT I can do AIR, just write whatever you want to indicate your PID.

You can have all your readings how you want, example KR with IAT and show if you're in PE or Fuel DECEL mode etc... Yes you can see when you hit PE right on your DIC! so example you can have:

IAT with Wide band, with boost (boost is grabbed from PCM), with PE on/off indicator, with Meth on/off, KR*. So you can see them all at once.

I'll make a better vid and post it, but again it doesn't interfere with my leg clearance and I've been testing it for almost a year, all bugs are worked out.

Last edited by mourat; 10-10-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Can all these settings and alarms be done with a laptop?
Old 10-10-2013, 12:26 PM
mourat
Pro

Absolutely, you have the software and everything is customized on your laptop in a very nice user interface. You can introduce formulas to your pids as well like in HP tuners IAT*ETC/2 etc.. and have that showing up.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:32 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Is this Mac compatible?
Old 10-10-2013, 12:53 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So first off on size, here is a size reference picture. The OBD-II part slides over the top of the OBD-II port, so DashLogic is about the length of your FOB on the port.

While driving I have to crouch and tilt my head down to see it on the port, it is zero obstruction to my legs, I have never hit my legs on it one time. You could do a short 90* adapter attached to a Y cable if you were going to try more than one device on the OBD-II port.

Last edited by PalmerPerformance; 10-10-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:08 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Here is an example of the software, it will work on a desktop, a laptop, or anything that runs Windows. You can program it in the car or out of the car in your living room.

You get a menu like this of options

Then we have created two modes to pick PIDs, a Simple and Advanced Mode. In simple you pick the PIDs you want from a drop box system like this

Here I am setting alarms, the alarms system is a hair more complex than a drop box, but very simple still. In this screen shot I have set the alarm to display on the HUD only and make a chime. The "Alarm Warning Text" is what it will display on the HUD. The condition at the bottom is shown as "PID 10 (RPM) greater than or equal to 3500", you can see the PID reference number on the right and it will scroll to many more PIDs.

Here is a video of that exact Alarm in the car (Thanks to Andrew6 for the tip on filming the HUD)

Now I will show an example of a more complicated alarm condition, here I set it to not chime, only a visual warning on the DIC. The condition is "PID 10 (RPM) greater than or equal to 2500 AND PID 1 (Load) greater than 50% AND PID 12 (Speed) greater than 35mph. All three conditions must be met to get the alarm to display. When met it will show the text "Had me at ALARM" on the DIC

Here is me driving the car to show how it worked.
(It is raining lightly today, and the wipers are very loud, sorry you can hear them)

Last edited by PalmerPerformance; 10-10-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:13 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Here is a PID list for the Corvette

Old 10-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Wow! I like that.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:36 PM
mourat
Pro

I was really excited to become a BETA tester last year. All I can say is I've been blown away with this tool with every drive, although it's a tool it's more of a toy / tool for me, I love every bit of it and have spent hundreds of hours testing it for the team all on my own time, drives to and from work, and took it everywhere I went.

I dont know how I drove my car without, you see everything. As a beta tester I've asked for a lot of cool functions to be added, and Palmer Performance has been there every step of the way, looking for ways to integrate all the requests and checked up on me on a weekly basis, sometimes daily to see how everything was going.

The price is extremely suitable for what you get, you've never seen anything like it until you experience it. I paid for my device and still to this day I wonder how I can get so much for so little and I'm not exaggerating.

I'm so glad it's finally released after all this time testing to make sure it's hassle free, congrats guys! Everyone will love it.

I wanted to add another favorite feature is COMMANDED Lambda!

You can tune so easily now and see your Commanded Air Fuel ratio vs. your actual air fuel ration in Lambda or regular which is extremely helpful for tuning. It's instant, as soon as you plug it in, you get a quick splash screen and you're logging, no boot up times or anything.

Last edited by mourat; 10-10-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:41 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EVRose
Is this Mac compatible?
Not yet, but we are working on it. It will also be configurable on mobile phones and tablets in the future
Old 10-10-2013, 01:47 PM
FrankenPC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That certainly is a really cool product. But it's way too expensive. Modern miniature microcontrollers cost nothing to use in manufacturing. SO, I assume that the large cost is to support software development. I'll check back in a year or so to see if you've come down in price.

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing DashLogic for C6 Corvette

Old 10-10-2013, 01:52 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 96GS#007
Can you record data and download to a laptop or is it just real time display?
Right now it is just real time data and alerts while you are driving. If we get enough customers requesting the ability to datalog, we will add the feature. If we do add this feature in the future, it will be a free firmware update for existing customers. You won't need to buy anther device, just a simple update from your computer at home.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PalmerPerformance
Right now it is just real time data and alerts while you are driving. If we get enough customers requesting the ability to datalog, we will add the feature. If we do add this feature in the future, it will be a free firmware update for existing customers. You won't need to buy anther device, just a simple update from your computer at home.
Wouldn't you also need to add a physical memory-card slot?
Old 10-10-2013, 02:03 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CSixDude
Sure would be nice if you could include an input from some of the popular radar detectors, like the Passport.
From this point, it would require us to redesign the board and enclosure. It is not something we have plans of doing in the near future.

Last edited by PalmerPerformance; 10-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Introducing DashLogic for C6 Corvette