C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOB battery Issue or ???????

Old 10-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Sunset Orng 05
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Default FOB battery Issue or ???????

Lately I've had a weird problem when trying to get in the car after is sits for more than a few hours. The FOB does not allow me to open the door. The first time it happened I was able to get in by opening the hatch first and I was going to open the door by pulling on the cable but before I did I tried the door again and it worked. So for the next week or so when the FOB didn't work I just opened the hatch, then the door button would work. The past few days the hatch only opens with the FOB on an intermitent basis so I have to use the key to open it and, again without pulling the cable the door button works. I wouldn't think that the button on the door is connected in anyway to the hatch release but that seems to be the only method that is working for me. After it works I can shut the car down and as long as it isn't for a few hours or more then the door button works without issue. I haven't tried my other FOB (that battery has been dead for awhile) but I'm going to change the battery in what used to be the good one today but it is strange that when used in the combinations I've explained above that it works. I mean, if the battery is to weak to send a signal to the door button it should be to weak to send it to the hatch as well.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:06 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

A lot of strange things occur with the Vettes electronics so not sure what your problem is. Once you change the FOB battery that will either solve the mystery or the search for a solution will continue.
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:47 AM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Or, you could stick the Fob in the glove compartment slot and try opening the door.

Replacing the battery, as mentioned above, is a pretty easy test.

If these things don't fix it, you might have to see the doctor..
Old 10-03-2013, 01:32 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,810 Likes on 2,058 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Sunset Orng 05
Lately I've had a weird problem when trying to get in the car after is sits for more than a few hours. The FOB does not allow me to open the door. The first time it happened I was able to get in by opening the hatch first and I was going to open the door by pulling on the cable but before I did I tried the door again and it worked. So for the next week or so when the FOB didn't work I just opened the hatch, then the door button would work. The past few days the hatch only opens with the FOB on an intermitent basis so I have to use the key to open it and, again without pulling the cable the door button works. I wouldn't think that the button on the door is connected in anyway to the hatch release but that seems to be the only method that is working for me. After it works I can shut the car down and as long as it isn't for a few hours or more then the door button works without issue. I haven't tried my other FOB (that battery has been dead for awhile) but I'm going to change the battery in what used to be the good one today but it is strange that when used in the combinations I've explained above that it works. I mean, if the battery is to weak to send a signal to the door button it should be to weak to send it to the hatch as well.

Does the FOB work on the OTHER door? If yes, you might need to clean your driver side touch pad.
Do you see the red light flash when you press the pads on either door?

Once you get in, does the car start or do you get NO FOB detected?
If the car starts, the FOB seems to be good.

There is a receiver antenna in the door and back by the rear hatch and that is connected to the RCDLR. If the RCDLR is going bad that'll cost ya some money.

Elmer

Get notified of new replies

To FOB battery Issue or ???????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FOB battery Issue or ???????