C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there under 30 corvette group?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 05:07 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Is there under 30 corvette group?

I'm 28, and I keep getting crap from my coworkers, my GF and pretty much everyone I know, about owning a corvette at this age. I want to find others that have it and not old. That way i can prove to them that there is one other person under 30 that owns one. I figured owning one in Europe would change that cliche, but no, nope....

no offense guys.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 AM
Kozzzz
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

26 here, and I own one :-D
Old 09-16-2013, 06:06 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by kotik
I'm 28, and I keep getting crap from my coworkers, my GF and pretty much everyone I know, about owning a corvette at this age. I want to find others that have it and not old. That way i can prove to them that there is one other person under 30 that owns one. I figured owning one in Europe would change that cliche, but no, nope....

no offense guys.

You don't have to prove anything to anyone!!!,you own an awesome performance machine,be proud of it!!! others are only jealous.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:15 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
You don't have to prove anything to anyone!!!,you own an awesome performance machine,be proud of it!!! others are only jealous.
oh yea, i don't care too much about it, i knew this was going to happen going in it, but it's just non stop

At the end of the day i don't care what others think, but it wouldn't hurt if there wasn't such a stigma.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:32 AM
harveyjl
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I own one and im 28.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:40 AM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think "stigma" is a good choice of words. Most younger people do not seem to understand that the reason why the corvette age group is slightly older is due to the fact that most of us had to work awihle to be comfortable with such a large purchase. I don't think most people can buy a 60 to 80k car at 25 years old. I know I wasn't in the position too. It is not unusual to me that most corvette owners are middle aged or older. It's not a stigma but a sign of hard work and finally getting to enjoy the rewards of working hard and earning the experience of having the best American made sports car. Just my 2 cents.
Be proud of the fact that you have had an opportunity to enjoy a corvette at a young age. Tell your friends that rag you to blow smoke.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:05 AM
(413) Grand Sport
Advanced

I totally understand where your coming from. I bought mine when i was 31, and I'm 33 now and I'm still getting the same comments you are.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,932 Likes on 4,812 Posts

The so called stigma is always going to be there, as that is the way it is.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:37 AM
jblack41510
Advanced

I was in this group last year. Now I'm 30
Old 09-16-2013, 08:03 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

They must be jealous. Be proud you have a Corvette at 28. It's a blast to drive and looks gorgeous. I didn't have enough cash/income at your age, and I was raising 2 children. So I needed a reasonably priced, practical, 4-door car. Nothing you'd be proud of owning. Responsible - yes, but not much fun.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

With used Vette prices being so great these days I would think that alot more younger folks could afford a really nice toy to ride around in. Let's face it for about 35K you can get you a real nice Vette!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:13 AM
ZAKO6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

24 years old here. Sometimes i get outta the vette and people make fun of me sayin im a little young or asking where my walker is. Doesn't help that i look 18 either.
I will say to people that ask its no different me buying a used vette than someone my age going to buy a brand new honda civic or a hyundai.
I had my 07' 350z fully paid off and traded it in for my vette. I got 15k for the 350 and purchased my vette for $30k. So really i only financed $15k which is cheaper than a brand new honda.....people don't think of it like that tho.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:18 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NSANEC6
I don't think "stigma" is a good choice of words. Most younger people do not seem to understand that the reason why the corvette age group is slightly older is due to the fact that most of us had to work awihle to be comfortable with such a large purchase. I don't think most people can buy a 60 to 80k car at 25 years old. I know I wasn't in the position too. It is not unusual to me that most corvette owners are middle aged or older. It's not a stigma but a sign of hard work and finally getting to enjoy the rewards of working hard and earning the experience of having the best American made sports car. Just my 2 cents.
Be proud of the fact that you have had an opportunity to enjoy a corvette at a young age. Tell your friends that rag you to blow smoke.
few deployments, no kids/wife and it's reasonable to afford a used one.

my friends own GTR's, M3's, some supra's. Agreed though, not that many own them due to price. But even at the track you will see a bit younger crowd in porsche's, bmw's, exclusives, and old folks in vettes.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:24 AM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by NSANEC6
Well stated!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:27 AM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by kotik

no offense guys.
There was a recent thread about ages of Corvette owners here on the Forum, I think it was about 6 (or more) pages long, if you do a search you can find it and get some good numbers there!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:41 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLo
There was a recent thread about ages of Corvette owners here on the Forum, I think it was about 6 (or more) pages long, if you do a search you can find it and get some good numbers there!
Why do that when you can start another thread, and brag to all the old guys about being young, owning a corvette.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 AM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Nope. Sorry, but you've pretty much screwed the pooch as far as ever attracting sweet young things to your pad. Everyone that owns a Corvette is "old" at heart, even if not in years. Your only hope is that you'll age prematurely, get grey or become bald, and be at the mercy of 50-something cougars until your family puts you in a rest home.

It's an internationally known fact that the ONLY reason guys buy Corvettes is to distract attention from their impotence and/or small genitalia. At this point, your best option is to join the crowd here talking about how your 2007 only has 1700 miles on it, how you washed and waxed it more times than you actually drove it last year, and that the only time it ever gets wet is when you wash it. This last fact may also apply to your Johnson....
OK, I'm really only pulling your leg. Just jealous 'cause I couldn't afford one until I retired. Have fun, drive it like you stole it, and stop worrying about what other people think--that includes your so-called friends!

Get notified of new replies

To Is there under 30 corvette group?

Old 09-16-2013, 09:00 AM
bigwoofersnet
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LFZ
Why do that when you can start another thread, and brag to all the old guys about being young, owning a corvette.
I really don't think there's much to brag about really, especially since we all own the same car (relatively speaking)..

But hey, I'm 30... what do I know. Neener neener!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 AM
sleepy88
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 30... I hear it all the time too, but only bought it to please me.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:10 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by icntdrv55
Nope. Sorry, but you've pretty much screwed the pooch as far as ever attracting sweet young things to your pad. Everyone that owns a Corvette is "old" at heart, even if not in years. Your only hope is that you'll age prematurely, get grey or become bald, and be at the mercy of 50-something cougars until your family puts you in a rest home.

It's an internationally known fact that the ONLY reason guys buy Corvettes is to distract attention from their impotence and/or small genitalia. At this point, your best option is to join the crowd here talking about how your 2007 only has 1700 miles on it, how you washed and waxed it more times than you actually drove it last year, and that the only time it ever gets wet is when you wash it. This last fact may also apply to your Johnson....
OK, I'm really only pulling your leg. Just jealous 'cause I couldn't afford one until I retired. Have fun, drive it like you stole it, and stop worrying about what other people think--that includes your so-called friends!
I do like cougars my current GF is a MILF (34yrs old).

Quick Reply: Is there under 30 corvette group?