C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Callaway Windshield Banner??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 12:14 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Default Callaway Windshield Banner??

We have a 2011 Callaway convertible, and I've just now started thinking about getting the Callaway banner that goes on the top of the windshield. Haven't had any luck finding them. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Elaine
Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,291 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Windshield banners are one of the worst things you can put on a Vette. Don't do it.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:35 PM
rsssguy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I too have a Callaway but you won't see one on my car. Your car, your choice.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:38 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rsssguy
I too have a Callaway but you won't see one on my car. Your car, your choice.
Thank you. Of course, those naysayers probably say that about the 07 Ron Fellows Z06 with CORVETTE on the windshield.

Elaine
Old 08-30-2013, 02:58 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Not my preference either, but to answer your question. Go to your local print shop that does print screening type work for vehicles. I'm sure they can make one for you and do it to your exact specifications for size, color and font style.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:31 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 822 Likes on 391 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I just love how people can try and tell others what to do, especially when that was not even part of the post. It is your car so don't pay attention to those that try and force their rules on you.

As far as the windshield sticker is concerned, I don't believe that Callaway installs them on their cars, so most likely you will need to contact a vinyl sign maker to make it for you. Most likely will not cost a whole lot.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM
fireinv38
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

go to your local sign company. had my windshield done and it came out great. one thing, make sure they use 3M top quality. it may cost a little more but well worth the cost. every one is entitled to their own opinion. if you want it "DO IT" mine looks great.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BWF07
I just love how people can try and tell others what to do, especially when that was not even part of the post. It is your car so don't pay attention to those that try and force their rules on you.
LOL. It's an anonymous internet chat forum. People post their opinions, that's what it's for. If that bothers you I suggest you find another forum 'cause that's how this one works.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:26 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

That's the kind of thing that just screams "LOOK AT ME AND THE HUGE SIGN ON MY WINDSHIELD". Probably not a good thing.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 PM
genair
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds cool - but to complete the look you need a Pioneer Stereo sticker on the back window, chrome DUB22" emblems on the front fenders, and a Powered by Chevy license plate frame
Old 08-30-2013, 11:17 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Those windshield banners look very tacky in my opinion. However that being said I'm sure on can be made at kinkos. Just measure and tell them what ou want on the banner.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:20 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 731 Likes on 464 Posts

Get in touch with Mike Furman at Criswell Chevy in Gaithersburg Md. They're a Calloway dealer and may be able to help. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Kwagnerhvac
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 33 Posts

I like them!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:17 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Steve_R
LOL. It's an anonymous internet chat forum. People post their opinions, that's what it's for. If that bothers you I suggest you find another forum 'cause that's how this one works.
I've been a member of this forum since 2001 so I'm well aware of "how this one works". When someone asks a question, it should be answered without anyone's personal opinion added. If you can't respond in that fashion, then don't respond at all.

Perhaps some do not know what a 2007 Ron Fellows Z06 looks like. It comes with CORVETTE on the windshield. Are you going to say that is tacky??!!

I have had more Corvettes than most, and I sell them, too, so I'm very familiar with Corvettes and accessories. Some aftermarket things I don't like, but I don't voice my opinion if someone else does like them. Some of the people here should do the same.

Thanks to everyone who gave respectful answers. I do appreciate them all.

Elaine

Old 08-31-2013, 07:27 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Elaine,

Be careful if you do the custom vinyl letter cutting route. Unless the results are curved to fit the windshield, you may have to cut out the letters and install them individually as I did.

You can see my write-up, "Applying Non Curved Windshield Decals," to see how I got around this limitation.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:11 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

This would be an incredibly boring place if nobody ever posted their opinion about anything.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:25 AM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Hate to say this but ask JOE he might know...Joe knows everything..just ask him

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway Windshield Banner??

Old 08-31-2013, 09:32 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 822 Likes on 391 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by GS Diva
I've been a member of this forum since 2001 so I'm well aware of "how this one works". When someone asks a question, it should be answered without anyone's personal opinion added. If you can't respond in that fashion, then don't respond at all.

Perhaps some do not know what a 2007 Ron Fellows Z06 looks like. It comes with CORVETTE on the windshield. Are you going to say that is tacky??!!

I have had more Corvettes than most, and I sell them, too, so I'm very familiar with Corvettes and accessories. Some aftermarket things I don't like, but I don't voice my opinion if someone else does like them. Some of the people here should do the same.

Thanks to everyone who gave respectful answers. I do appreciate them all.

Elaine

Thank you. You beat me to it.

Originally Posted by Steve_R
This would be an incredibly boring place if nobody ever posted their opinion about anything.
You see that is where you are wrong. I have no problem voicing your opinion when the OP is asking for it. But when someone simply asks where to get something then answer the question. Most here really don't care what others do to their own vehicle. Now when someone post a "What do you Think", then that is different.
This idea that it is an open forum is nothing more then an excuse for some to play mod police or you as I do not what you want. Funny how I never hear anyone tell a stranger to their face at local show or cruise ins or a chance meeting that they think they screwed their car up with some type of mod. They may think it, but they don't come out and say it.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:37 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BWF07
Thank you. You beat me to it.

You see that is where you are wrong. I have no problem voicing your opinion when the OP is asking for it. But when someone simply asks where to get something then answer the question. Most here really don't care what others do to their own vehicle. Now when someone post a "What do you Think", then that is different.
This idea that it is an open forum is nothing more then an excuse for some to play mod police or you as I do not what you want. Funny how I never hear anyone tell a stranger to their face at local show or cruise ins or a chance meeting that they think they screwed their car up with some type of mod. They may think it, but they don't come out and say it.
I had a guy at a car meet ask me why I ruined my car with what I did to it... some do it....

I agree about asking Mike at Criswell, if anyone knows where you can get one he probably would.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:48 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
I had a guy at a car meet ask me why I ruined my car with what I did to it... some do it....
Do you recall your response?

Quick Reply: Callaway Windshield Banner??