C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Callaway Windshield Banner??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,291 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by BWF07
You see that is where you are wrong. I have no problem voicing your opinion when the OP is asking for it. But when someone simply asks where to get something then answer the question. Most here really don't care what others do to their own vehicle. Now when someone post a "What do you Think", then that is different.

This idea that it is an open forum is nothing more then an excuse for some to play mod police or you as I do not what you want.
So, you have no problem with someone voicing their opinion except when you think they shouldn't, and you're willing to tell people what to do, but you don't like "mod police." Gotcha. Best example of irony and "do as I say, not as I do" in a post here in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by Steve_R; 08-31-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:03 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 822 Likes on 391 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Steve_R
So, you have no problem with someone voicing their opinion except when you think they shouldn't, and you're willing to tell people what to do, but you don't like "mod police." Gotcha. Best example of irony and "do as I say, not as I do" in a post here in a long time.
No, what I said, was I have no problem when people voice there opinion when it is asked for., However when a member simple ask the question as to where a certain item can be found and they told not even think about it, that is the opinion I am referring to. I know it will continue and that seems to be the forum way. I just don't understand why some think they have to always voice their opinion as to what others can and cannot do to their own car.
I also stated that I have no problem when the OP is asking for other opinions and advice. That is a different situation. They asked for it good or bad.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:29 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Thank you. You beat me to it.

You see that is where you are wrong. I have no problem voicing your opinion when the OP is asking for it. But when someone simply asks where to get something then answer the question. Most here really don't care what others do to their own vehicle. Now when someone post a "What do you Think", then that is different.
This idea that it is an open forum is nothing more then an excuse for some to play mod police or you as I do not what you want. Funny how I never hear anyone tell a stranger to their face at local show or cruise ins or a chance meeting that they think they screwed their car up with some type of mod. They may think it, but they don't come out and say it.
You said it all...and thanks! Sometimes people on a forum say whatever they want, good or bad, but they are certainly less likely to do it face to face.

I may or may not pursue the Callaway banner idea. That is yet to be determined. And to whoever claimed that I want the attention (or whatever he said), that's quite untrue. My Callaway draws all the attention by itself.

And, Peter, I think I'll forget your suggestion to ask Joe!!

Thanks again, all.

Elaine
Old 08-31-2013, 10:53 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by s'noJob
Do you recall your response?

I just said to each there own and he walked off, it was more of a walking by comment he made after he asked if that was mine.....
Old 08-31-2013, 11:13 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
I just said to each there own and he walked off, it was more of a walking by comment he made after he asked if that was mine.....
I'd probably say, "I did it to **** you off. I'm glad to see I was successful."

Old 08-31-2013, 11:44 AM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

No, what I said, was I have no problem when people voice there opinion when it is asked for., However when a member simple ask the question as to where a certain item can be found and they told not even think about it, that is the opinion I am referring to. I know it will continue and that seems to be the forum way. I just don't understand why some think they have to always voice their opinion as to what others can and cannot do to their own car.
I also stated that I have no problem when the OP is asking for other opinions and advice. That is a different situation. They asked for it good or bad.
I'm guessing they voiced an opinion in an attempt to point out how absolutely horrid windshield banners look (including the Fellows edition corvette banner).
Old 08-31-2013, 11:50 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
I'm guessing they voiced an opinion in an attempt to point out how absolutely horrid windshield banners look (including the Fellows edition corvette banner).
Wow...it just keeps on coming, doesn't it??! That is YOUR opinion which I didn't request.

Elaine
Old 08-31-2013, 12:07 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by GS Diva
I may or may not pursue the Callaway banner idea. That is yet to be determined. And to whoever claimed that I want the attention (or whatever he said), that's quite untrue. My Callaway draws all the attention by itself.
You've been here long enough to know anytime a post arises, responses and/or opinions will fly whether it's warranted or not. You have a nice vehicle that already says Callaway on it. Sometimes less is more.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:18 PM
rsssguy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If you get one, it will undoubtedly have to me made by a sign shop. They can design virtually anything. Our cars are pretty exclusive so it's not like you're going to be able just order one up from a standard vendor. I just said you won't see one on my car. Maybe you wouldn't like some of the 40 plus things I've done to my car? Doesn't matter to me. The banner isn't that bad............it's not like you're putting Lamborghini doors on it.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:00 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Originally Posted by saplumr
You've been here long enough to know anytime a post arises, responses and/or opinions will fly whether it's warranted or not. You have a nice vehicle that already says Callaway on it. Sometimes less is more.
You're absolutely right. Guess I thought people were more adult than they sometimes are.

Doesn't matter. I've already done things to some of my many Corvettes that others didn't like, and that is ok with me. The banner will probably never go on, but I was just inquiring.

Thanks for your input...seriously.

Elaine
Old 08-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 1,001 Likes on 471 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I took out my OPINION reply and decided to be helpful and not opinionated. Try here...

http://www.decaldriveway.com/decal-c...dshield-decals
Old 08-31-2013, 05:30 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,932 Likes on 4,812 Posts

There is a vendor on that famous auction site that offers custom made windshield banners for Corvettes. Also if you use google there are some other alternatives.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:24 PM
R50THC5
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rsssguy
I too have a Callaway but you won't see one on my car. Your car, your choice.
But it's yours Elaine, do what makes you feel good...
Old 08-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Wyndridge3
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS Diva
We have a 2011 Callaway convertible, and I've just now started thinking about getting the Callaway banner that goes on the top of the windshield. Haven't had any luck finding them. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Elaine
I have had a banner on my 2011 Callaway for the past 2 years. Any local sign or graphics shop should be able to help you out.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:35 PM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: forging ahead...making up for lost time and embracing each day thankful to be alive.... nj
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15
~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Windshield banners are one of the worst things you can put on a Vette. Don't do it.

No need to advertise perfection.....like putting "corvette" everywhere - we get it - it's a corvette.....
Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 PM
rsssguy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Wyndridge3
I have had a banner on my 2011 Callaway for the past 2 years. Any local sign or graphics shop should be able to help you out.

Can't say I like or dislike the banner. It would clearly be out of place on my Callaway. Everyone has their own tastes and it is America. The only thing I see on the forum that makes me almost almost throw up in my mouth are Lamborghini doors. Pretty supportive outside those. It's yours, do as you please.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Wyndridge3
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rsssguy
Can't say I like or dislike the banner. It would clearly be out of place on my Callaway. Everyone has their own tastes and it is America. The only thing I see on the forum that makes me almost almost throw up in my mouth are Lamborghini doors. Pretty supportive outside those. It's yours, do as you please.
Yes. A banner would clearly be out of place on your Callaway....

I'm actually thinking of installing Vertical Doors next. To each his own....

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway Windshield Banner??

Old 08-31-2013, 08:58 PM
rsssguy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm digging the red scoop.........very nice looking car.........until you do the doors..........
Old 08-31-2013, 09:01 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

I think the banner would be cool if its not huge lettering...I like the banner that Lance and I got from Harlan Charles...I am not a person to bling out my cars but I put this banner on and I like it..and thats all that matters to me...
Old 08-31-2013, 10:36 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Another thing to consider is that, depending on the height of the letters and how low you install them, you WILL see them as you drive.

My letters are 2.25 inches tall, and sit about an inch from the top edge of the windshield. I see about 1.25 inches of the bottoms of the letters as I drive.

Granted, unless you're trying to avoid low flying aircraft, they'll never block visibility for anything important, but they will be a constant reminder that they're there.

Personally, I'm fine with that. Anyway, it's not the best of photos, but here's what it looks like from my drivers' seat.

Quick Reply: Callaway Windshield Banner??