C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rental Corvette 2013 Hertz LAX

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:18 AM
thrashstar
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rental Corvette 2013 Hertz LAX

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend is going to Los Angeles in october all the way from Sweden.
We have booked a Corvette for one week. Do you guys might know what kind of vettes they have at Hertz right now? The 2013 60th anniversary model?

Anybody here who have information about rental corvettes at LAX?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

Never rented one. Just come out of your terminal and go to the area where the rental car buses pick you up. There are signs. The Hertz buses run by about every 2 minutes. They will take you right to the Hertz place. Piece of cake.

Good luck in LA! The freeways are kind of rough from all of the repairs, and the traffic sucks, of course. But the weather is usually nice!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Globeman
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

It looks like the Hertz Corvettes are well equipped:

Hertz has done it again. Exclusively built for Hertz, the Corvette ZHZ brings the mighty Corvette to even higher standards. Sporting a six-speed paddle shift transmission, the ZHZ makes the most of the dual mode exhaust delivering 436 horsepower. And, these impressive features are wrapped inside a uniquely packaged Corvette that features Hertz’s iconic yellow and black, colors that have a storied past in sports car history.

Production of the ZHZ Convertible will be limited making it an instant classic. It’s another one of the many exciting cars that you can reserve from the Hertz Fun Collection®. And like all Fun Collection vehicles it comes equipped with SIRIUS XM Radio. Now is your chance to get in the driver's seat of sports car history.

For the car enthusiast:
• Special limited edition built by GM
• LS3 6.2L V8 aluminum-block engine with dual-mode performance exhaust and 436 horsepower
• Magnetic Selective Ride Control - Tour or Sport Mode
• Goodyear Eagle F1 EMT Supercar tires
• Larger brakes with cross-drilled brake rotors
• EPA estimated 25 MPG highway
• The Coupe models are the most aerodynamic Corvettes ever

The Corvette ZHZ are available for reservations at select major market locations in the U.S.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:50 AM
semp65
Advanced

Originally Posted by Globeman
It looks like the Hertz Corvettes are well equipped:

Hertz has done it again. Exclusively built for Hertz, the Corvette ZHZ brings the mighty Corvette to even higher standards. Sporting a six-speed paddle shift transmission, the ZHZ makes the most of the dual mode exhaust delivering 436 horsepower. And, these impressive features are wrapped inside a uniquely packaged Corvette that features Hertz’s iconic yellow and black, colors that have a storied past in sports car history.

Production of the ZHZ Convertible will be limited making it an instant classic. It’s another one of the many exciting cars that you can reserve from the Hertz Fun Collection®. And like all Fun Collection vehicles it comes equipped with SIRIUS XM Radio. Now is your chance to get in the driver's seat of sports car history.

For the car enthusiast:
• Special limited edition built by GM
• LS3 6.2L V8 aluminum-block engine with dual-mode performance exhaust and 436 horsepower
• Magnetic Selective Ride Control - Tour or Sport Mode
• Goodyear Eagle F1 EMT Supercar tires
• Larger brakes with cross-drilled brake rotors
• EPA estimated 25 MPG highway
• The Coupe models are the most aerodynamic Corvettes ever

The Corvette ZHZ are available for reservations at select major market locations in the U.S.
The ZHZ referenced above was a 2008 coupe, then a 2009 convertible, neither of which is available now. Today's model is a 2013 C6 base convertible, with a power top, and has on board the Hertz navigation, along with Sirius XM. Nice cars, but not much luggage space with the top down (11 cubic feet?). Good luck!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 AM
thrashstar
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by semp65
The ZHZ referenced above was a 2008 coupe, then a 2009 convertible, neither of which is available now. Today's model is a 2013 C6 base convertible, with a power top, and has on board the Hertz navigation, along with Sirius XM. Nice cars, but not much luggage space with the top down (11 cubic feet?). Good luck!
Do you know if it's the 60th anniversary model or just the basic c6 model?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:12 AM
semp65
Advanced

Originally Posted by thrashstar
Do you know if it's the 60th anniversary model or just the basic c6 model?
It will be a BASE C6 model, but will have 60th Anniversary markings on the door kickboards and on hood and rear Corvette logos. It will NOT be a Wide Body.

I typically will reserve a full size model ahead of time, then upgrade to a Corvette upon arrival. By doing that, you can save a sizeable amount of money. The risk is that they won't have any in stock when you arrive. I'll be out there in a couple of weeks, and will take a photo of one if you'd like.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 AM
semp65
Advanced

This is off of the Hertz website. I've seen the entire collection at Hertz LAX.

Get ready for the ultimate car rental experience. Inject some exhilaration into your trip with the aggressive new Adrenaline Collection® from Hertz. Head-turning, heart-pumping specialty performance versions of five of the most popular muscle cars on the road today:

Our cars include:
• Chevy Camaro SS
• Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible
• Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
• Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Premium
• Dodge Challenger R/T

Relive the 60’s and 70’s muscle era with the aggressive new Adrenaline Collection®. Each model has new modern body lines and colors & designs that are reminiscent of those famous classic hot rods. Hold on tight to that three-spoke racing wheel and enjoy the ride. Your vacation just got a lot more exciting.

Each Adrenaline Collection® rental comes with complimentary SiriusXM Satellite
Radio. Listen to over 130 channels, including commercial-free music, plus all your
favorite sports, exclusive entertainment, news, talk, comedy and more.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 AM
thrashstar
3rd Gear

It will be a BASE C6 model, but will have 60th Anniversary markings on the door kickboards and on hood and rear Corvette logos. It will NOT be a Wide Body.

I typically will reserve a full size model ahead of time, then upgrade to a Corvette upon arrival. By doing that, you can save a sizeable amount of money. The risk is that they won't have any in stock when you arrive. I'll be out there in a couple of weeks, and will take a photo of one if you'd like.

It would be really nice of you if you could take a photo! Appreciate it! Actually we have already reserved a exact model on Hertz. We got a good price! Rent a corvette in Sweden would cost a fortune!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:43 AM
goodd335
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I picked up a car there in April, there was a red C6 convert there to rent
Old 08-25-2013, 11:11 AM
semp65
Advanced

Originally Posted by thrashstar
It would be really nice of you if you could take a photo! Appreciate it! Actually we have already reserved a exact model on Hertz. We got a good price! Rent a corvette in Sweden would cost a fortune!
Will do!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:29 AM
florida john
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by goodd335
When I picked up a car there in April, there was a red C6 convert there to rent
It wasn't yellow! I thought they were all yellow.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:45 AM
semp65
Advanced

Originally Posted by florida john
It wasn't yellow! I thought they were all yellow.
All Hertz ZHZ coupes('08) and convertibles ('09) were Yellow w/Black stripes running down the middle of the car. Today Hertz rentals are the garden variety colors. I've rented a millennium yellow(no stripes, they are not ZHZ), artic white, silver, and black. I've also seen torch red. All convertible tops were black.

Hope this helps. Has anyone else seen other colors on the Hertz fleet?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:36 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

This is off of the Hertz website. I've seen the entire collection at Hertz LAX.

Get ready for the ultimate car rental experience. Inject some exhilaration into your trip with the aggressive new Adrenaline Collection® from Hertz. Head-turning, heart-pumping specialty performance versions of five of the most popular muscle cars on the road today:

Our cars include:
• Chevy Camaro SS
• Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible
• Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
• Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Premium
• Dodge Challenger R/T

Relive the 60’s and 70’s muscle era with the aggressive new Adrenaline Collection®. Each model has new modern body lines and colors & designs that are reminiscent of those famous classic hot rods. Hold on tight to that three-spoke racing wheel and enjoy the ride. Your vacation just got a lot more exciting.

Each Adrenaline Collection® rental comes with complimentary SiriusXM Satellite
Radio. Listen to over 130 channels, including commercial-free music, plus all your
favorite sports, exclusive entertainment, news, talk, comedy and more.
Hertz is currently adding some even more exclusive rides to it's fleet. I was recently in Las Vegas and scored a brand new Mercedes C63 AMG sedan. Others they had on site, Porsche 911 Cayman and Boxster, Mercedes SL, as well as a few Ferrari models, can't say for sure which ones though. The Vettes are base convertibles, some with Hertz NeverLost, some without, and they also had Camaro SS in both coupe and convertible, Mustang GT coupe only, the Mustang convertibles were V6 models, and Challenger RT's.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:05 AM
capehorn3
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Money well spent, enjoy!

Get notified of new replies

To Rental Corvette 2013 Hertz LAX

Quick Reply: Rental Corvette 2013 Hertz LAX