C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the Hankook Ventus V12 on the track

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 05:31 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Default Took the Hankook Ventus V12 on the track

I'm not sure what all the complaining is about these tires. For street tires, they're great. I had no problems passing a 911 (though, he was fairly green, not really a fair comparison there, to be honest)

For those of you familiar with Eagles Canyon, I ran a 2:15 without pushing hard and short shifting. I'm far from a great driver, too. I was constantly above .95g's and well into the +1.00's very often, at least several times a lap. (highest I saw was 1.06 or something IIRC but I wasn't looking down at every turn). This is in a bone stock base C6 4LT.

They felt fine, they were predictable, no complaints. They squeal real loud when they're about to let go (which is fine by me), but they're fine. I was running about 29PSI cold, 36 hot.

Also, I don't get the complaining about stability control. In competition mode, it's fine.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:33 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

here's a video; wasn't really trying to kill the car or anything. Heel toes are off a lot. Wasn't expecting to be driving and wore the wrong shoes. I'd miss the gas pedal once in a while. I was expecting to be on the bike, but I was a dumbass and left it in accessory last time I left. Killed the battery and took the car out instead. I was out there with some big bulky sneakers.

Last edited by village idiot; 08-25-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:40 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Nice vid and at 35 seconds left you flew by the Porsche.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:07 PM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Man, that's NOT a racetrack...that's a GOAT path!!! Broken pavement and large heavy farm equipment sitting alongside the track?!? Yikes! Looks like fun, but the track surface doesn't look like it's in any better condition than a typical rural county road.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:18 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by icntdrv55
Man, that's NOT a racetrack...that's a GOAT path!!! Broken pavement and large heavy farm equipment sitting alongside the track?!? Yikes! Looks like fun, but the track surface doesn't look like it's in any better condition than a typical rural county road.
Yeah, it can get bumpy out there. It's not as bad as it looks though.

As far as the farm equipment, it's a member day and they were doing some work. That's not normal.

Get notified of new replies

To Took the Hankook Ventus V12 on the track

Quick Reply: Took the Hankook Ventus V12 on the track