C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blackouts and the police

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 07:59 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by JRHAWK9
I tinted my Eagle Eyes as well......IMO they look MUCH better tinted and they still are plenty bright.

That looks good and it looks sensible.

I like the looks but tend not to bother. I also dig tinted windows but since its illegal in the state as its too dangerous for policemen...I respect that law as well.

The blackout done correctly is nice. Same for the tint..I'll obey the laws in my state to avoid any issue..

The corvette is screaming loud enough as it is.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:01 AM
VanSant
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a black 2010 GS & installed Eagle Eye, led tails. they were plenty bright through the black out covers. Unfortunately the glue that held them on loosened in the heat. They were kind enough to send me new glue, but I have yet to re-install them. Afraid its just one more reason to get pulled over. That being said, a buddy was behind me at night and commented on how bright the tails were and that may cause as issue with LEO. Everything else is blacked out, I kind of like the big bright LED's in red. They have a sparkle to them.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:01 PM
c6vette142dude
Pro

Originally Posted by AddisonD
To clarify where I am coming from, I am damn near an anarchist and a proper Texan, and despise many rules, regulations, policies, and laws.

And, from even that perspective, this is one of the more naive comments about laws and their enforcement that may ever have been written. And, it completely disregards the fact that many laws and regulations are written precisely for the purpose of forcing change.
Clearly your perspective and opinion. Be advised, like a$$!@#%& we all have them.

As someone who's held a TS govt. clearance since 1987, I could tell you a lot of things that would make you feel very naive.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:35 PM
C6superchargedrandy
Heel & Toe

I'm planning on adding them, but I'm looking at getting some brigher/led lights in there just to make sure people can see me slowing down
Old 08-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
I also dig tinted windows but since its illegal in the state as its too dangerous for policemen...I respect that law as well.
That law is such BS. You telling me that tinted windows are more dangerous in NJ than in AZ or FL for cops? Right...

There's hundreds of terrible laws out there and I choose to follow the ones I agree with. I run 5% tint on my cars, all windows but the windshield. Even though it's technically illegal here in AZ we're not bothered much because the smart cops know it's another dumb law.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:20 PM
c6vette142dude
Pro

Originally Posted by Drewstein
That law is such BS. You telling me that tinted windows are more dangerous in NJ than in AZ or FL for cops? Right...

There's hundreds of terrible laws out there and I choose to follow the ones I agree with. I run 5% tint on my cars, all windows but the windshield. Even though it's technically illegal here in AZ we're not bothered much because the smart cops know it's another dumb law.
Good point, but the masses have been bashed over the head and beaten down for so long that they only know how to obey. So many have forgotten who works for who.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:12 PM
AddisonD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c6vette142dude
Clearly your perspective and opinion. Be advised, like a$$!@#%& we all have them.

As someone who's held a TS govt. clearance since 1987, I could tell you a lot of things that would make you feel very naive.
Well, I suppose you have now put me down, by golly.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM
c6vette142dude
Pro

Originally Posted by AddisonD
Well, I suppose you have now put me down, by golly.

Though I know you're just being sarcastic, my comment wasn't meant to be.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:51 PM
ErikZ1220
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JRHAWK9
I tinted my Eagle Eyes as well......IMO they look MUCH better tinted and they still are plenty bright.

How/Where did you get this tint?

It doesn't look as dark as others' I've seen, very nice.. I'm interested...
Old 01-27-2014, 07:05 PM
J. Dub
Instructor

Anyone know the difference between the eagle eye LED tails vs the supervettes LED tails?

Couldn't one just purchase eagle eye LED tails and night shade them with night shade film that allows light OUT but no light in?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 PM
JRHAWK9
Drifting

Originally Posted by ErikZ1220
How/Where did you get this tint?

It doesn't look as dark as others' I've seen, very nice.. I'm interested...

Sorry for the super late reply, I never noticed you asked a question. It's just Night Shades spray tint. It took a lot of wet sanding and buffing to get those results though. One can't expect to just spray them and be done.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 288 Likes on 269 Posts

Will not pass inspection here in Texas..

Quick Reply: blackouts and the police