C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1962 Corvette Stolen in Pacific Grove

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 PM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Default 1962 Corvette Stolen in Pacific Grove

Hello,

I know a lot of C6's attended the Rolex Motorsports Reunion this last weekend.

I too attended the event, but unfortunately the weekend turned pretty rotten for me yesterday morning.

I was staying at a bed and breakfast in Pacific Grove and woke up yesterday morning to find somebody had stole my 1962 Corvette.

I'm trying to get the word out for any possibilities that somebody in attendance had possibly come across it while being loaded on Saturday night.

The car was stole between the hours of 08:45 and 09:00 PM. The car was hidden from the main street (Central Ave), and only slightly visible from the side street (7th Ave).

There were people having dinner less than 20' away from the vehicle, but due to the vegetation and landscaping, the thieves were able to push the car out absent detection.

Once the car was out of the driveway, they only had to let it coast two blocks down where 7th runs directly into the ocean.

Please contact me (Pat) @ (916) 719-9442 if you have any information. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Name:  In line ready to go out onto parade lap.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  75.7 KB

Name:  In line ready to go out onto track for parade lap..jpg
Views: 330
Size:  73.8 KB
Old 08-19-2013, 11:03 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Wow what a shame she's a real beauty... I really wish you all the best of luck in getting it back. It's not a car you'll see every day so at least you have that going for you. Hopefully it's not already loaded on a container. Again best of luck to you.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:01 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Originally Posted by brooklync5
Wow what a shame she's a real beauty... I really wish you all the best of luck in getting it back. It's not a car you'll see every day so at least you have that going for you. Hopefully it's not already loaded on a container. Again best of luck to you.
Thanks for your comments.

Pat
Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

What a beauty. Good luck with the hunt. I hope you/they get the SOB's.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

What a bumer, you must be sick, is/was a beautiful car. Keeping fingers crossed you'll get back, and, in one piece. Not exactly an easy task hiding a car like it.

Always wondered why owners of valuable collector cars they take to events & must leave unattended (@m/hotel etc) don't use what some cities use for parking violators? IIRC it's called a 'boot'.

Seems a 'boot' c/would've stopped the heist of your ride, cold.

Get notified of new replies

To 1962 Corvette Stolen in Pacific Grove

Quick Reply: 1962 Corvette Stolen in Pacific Grove