C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PAL Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 AM
sweet73
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PAL Help

Yesterday while driving and listening to my iPod, I started a new seacrh while the music was playing. All of a sudden the Fm station appeared and stopped playing the iPod. Also, the display on the screen no longer had FM1/2 as one option, but seperate options FM1 and FM2 with no XM option (the one used for the iPod). Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure how to fix it. Any advice will be grateful. BTW the PAL I have is in a 2006 Z06 and is installed to the controller in the rear compartment. Thanks
Old 08-12-2013, 08:38 AM
NAVY8N
Racer

Yes, happens to me quite frequently. Not sure if its a software issue or what, but all you have to do is either disconnect and then reconnect the power cable at the PAL unit itself or even easier pull the radio fuse down in the footwell and re-install and it should bring it all back.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 AM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Pull the radio fuse like stated above. When you put it back in you will hear a "click". The XM button will magically appear. Use to happen to me all the time when getting back in the car when the radio was left on. I started going back to the radio from the ipod and shutting off the system each time. Problem solved.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:41 AM
myfunz
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You need to pull the connection on the PAL unit and then plug it back in, this will reset it. This happened to me about a month ago, if you go the the site there is a trouble shooting section that's where I found it the solution. I did notice the PAL was very hot to the touch also.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 AM
sweet73
Instructor

Default Pal

Thanks everyone - post gives new meaning to the acronym PAL

Get notified of new replies

To PAL Help

Quick Reply: PAL Help