C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Memory

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Serfer
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Memory

My C6 factory GPS will not retain my address as Home position. I am new to the C6 Navigation system but I am not new to GPS systems. I have a used 2007 C6 that had a previous address in Cali as the home address. I live in TX. I have deleted it and reset it multiple times. Everything works great until I shut down the car. Next time I start it everything is back as it was. I can preset destinations the night before a trip and when I get in the car the next morning, they are gone. However It does remember points that I have traveled to and completed as Previous Destinations. Any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2013, 10:06 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

I don't have one so all I can offer is to refer you to talon90's 5-part tutorial on the Nav system in the C6 Mega FAQ Sticky at the top of the Forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ok-inside.html
Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

That's strange. I changed my home position a few times and it saved it, same goes for any new inputs. The Nav will also save previous destinations automatically as well. The only explanation that comes to mind is that maybe your using Key Fob #2 while inputting, and using Key Fob #1 for running the car. The fob used for inputting will only be saved if you use that same fob for starting and running the car.

If that's not the case, then delete all your preset destinations, your previous destinations, destinations in every folder, and start fresh.

Good Luck
Old 08-01-2013, 07:46 AM
capehorn3
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Make sure you have the right zone loaded, go to Cali zone and delete old home pos. then change to TX zone.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:50 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

In several years this is the second time I've heard of this issue. I do not recall the other owner ever finding the cause. I would suggest making sure you have the right DVD in the slot, do a full reset to factory default, and set the correct region. Another suggestion (and one I would make to everyone for security reasons) is to set the home address to a major nearby intersection rather than your actual home address which may be on a street or number that the nav doesn't recognize.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:01 AM
etaylor14
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Make sure you have the right region set to where you live.

Get notified of new replies

To Navigation Memory

Quick Reply: Navigation Memory