C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Benefits of joining a Corvette Owner's Club?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:46 PM
nous defions
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Benefits of joining a Corvette Owner's Club?

I looked for this topic using the "search" function. But, I guess I'm likely the only rookie that ever asked.

The title is self-explanatory. But, I'll give my reasons here.

Besides the usual social gatherings, I'm thinking that - not unlike in this forum - car club members benefit one another through collective knowledge and experiences with their respective vehicles. I've occasionally seen ten, or even 15 Corvettes (mostly C5s and C6), driving close together on the interstate and I'm assuming that's probably them going on some social outing, or a convention somewhere (or car show).

From your experiences, what are the tangible and intangible benefits (or, even pitfalls) of being members of local car clubs? I've been looking at the NC clubs (I'm stationed in Fort Bragg for this year).

Thanks in advanced for any insights, or anecdotes.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:02 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

I know plenty of local Corvette Club members and most are nice guys and gals. Personally I don't need to be a member of any club to fit in and have a good time.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Through this forum and acquaintances we have put together a group of about six or eight couples to go driving and or party with. It's our unofficial Corvette club. No dues, no meetings, just group emails inviting everyone for a ride or a social occasion.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 PM
TFFTBR
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I joined a club (where everyone was also a NCCC member) when I lived in TX. Although I wasn't able to be super active because of work, I did get to meet some of the people. A year later, last January, I was transferred to OK. In June while at the NCCC convention in Bowling Green, I was hospitalized with blood clots in my leg which ruled out me making the 12+ hour drive home anytime in the near future. Some of the people from the TX club took it upon themselves to arrange driving me home stretched out in the back of a truck while another member drove my car...a minimum of 3 hours out of their way and an extra night in a hotel. There is no way I'll ever be able express my gratitude for their selflessness. NCCC calls it "Family helping Family" and it's not just for those you know in the club.

Granted, that was an extreme situation, but I've met some of my best friends through car clubs. You join for the car, but stay for the people
Old 08-02-2013, 05:21 AM
Rky Mtn C6
Le Mans Master

Received 868 Likes on 372 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified

Fellowship, common interest, technical exchange of info are just a few. My club is very active which suites me just fine. A side benefit is where Members are able to help in areas other than their cars. You can never have too many friends.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:50 AM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I agree with you that this is the way to go about it. You really don't need the rules and dues to put together a good group to have some fun.

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Through this forum and acquaintances we have put together a group of about six or eight couples to go driving and or party with. It's our unofficial Corvette club. No dues, no meetings, just group emails inviting everyone for a ride or a social occasion.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nous defions
I looked for this topic using the "search" function. But, I guess I'm likely the only rookie that ever asked.
Nah it was asked just a few weeks ago.
Corvette Club Benefits

Last edited by Corvette Junkie; 08-02-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 AM
AimHigh
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Clubs

Fellowship!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:31 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,920 Likes on 4,806 Posts

At all their little gatherings you get to sit in a nice soft fold out chair and get a good days sleep.

Get notified of new replies

To Benefits of joining a Corvette Owner's Club?

Quick Reply: Benefits of joining a Corvette Owner's Club?