C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Stumped on 02 sensor code!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:11 AM
mattwilcox89
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Stumped on 02 sensor code!

Hey Guys.

Well ive been getting the P0154 no activity in Bank 2 Sensor 1 code about a month ago and cant find out what is causing this.

Ive replaced, switched, re routed the 02 sensors and checked voltage, they are all good.

Also cleaned everything that can set them off and thats not it either.

The car has 14k miles on it and is an 05 C6 Lingelfelter tuned with a Cam, head work, headers and some other mild mods.

Now heres where im stumped. The last time this happened i was checking the computer behind the wheel so i took out the battery and when i reconected it the 02 sensors were all working just like they should. Drove it about 200 miles and BOOM the lights on again with no activity in Bank 2 Sensor 1 and all of the other sensors are all showing odd numbers (either low steady numbers or high steady numbers).

Anyone have any idea what would cause this? Bad ECM?

Id like to exhaust my options on the forums before i take it to get my walled raped at the local shop...

Thanks for any help guys.

-Matt
Old 07-31-2013, 11:57 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Just a thought, you may want to clean the MAF. My ProCharged C6 began throwing some weird codes and a GM tech suggested spraying electronic cleaner on the MAF sensors and drying them with compressed air.

Worked fine and no codes since (4 weeks ago). It seems that aftermarket air cleaners that require occasional oiling is the culprit.

Good luck
Old 07-31-2013, 12:37 PM
mattwilcox89
Cruising

Thanks EuroRod.

Unfortunately I did that along with cleaning my air filter to try to eliminate everything but the computer....

I checked grounds, looked for bad wires, cant find a thing. Afterall it only has 14k miles on it.

What gets me confused is why it will work fine for a couple hundred miles, then go back once the computer learns the driving.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:40 PM
P0234
Pro

Have you datalogged the sensor output while driving? If so, how does it compare to Bank 1?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM
mattwilcox89
Cruising

How do i do that?

Im rather new to the Vette and have an OBD II reader.

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:14 PM
mattwilcox89
Cruising

BUMP
Old 07-31-2013, 07:59 PM
P0234
Pro

Originally Posted by mattwilcox89
How do i do that?

Im rather new to the Vette and have an OBD II reader.

Thanks!
Does your reader have live sensor view/graphing or PC output? Then graph the two sensors side by side. They should produce very similar output.

If not, find someone with an Android phone or tablet and grab Torque $5 and a $20 ELM327 bluetooh from Amazon.

You'll be able to graph bank 1 and bank 2 and compare the output.

Also who did your tune? Have you talked to them about this? I'd venture to guess there is something funny going on making it fail based on self tests. The OEM tune fluctuates rich/lean to keep the cats lit up. If your tune has smoothed that curve out, it could be causing this condition as well.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP! Stumped on 02 sensor code!

Quick Reply: HELP! Stumped on 02 sensor code!