C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Yellow 2000
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Service Traction Control

Took the Vette out for a short drive today, 2013 with 300 miles. First the HVAC display started flashing. Drove to the dealer and made an appointment to take it in in the morning. We stopped for lunch and when I restarted it the light had stopped flashing, but it was iding really rough and then the check engine light came on along with the Service Traction Control light. Anyone else had this problem?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

There are hundreds of threads regarding this and the causes are varied. You should take it back to the Stealership and leave it with them with the engine running when this message occurs. They will hook up the Tech2 and figure out what is going on. If you shut the engine off, the condition will probably go away and they might not find any codes.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Yellow 2000
Instructor

Thanks!! I was already at home and shut it off. When I restarted the problem was still there. I have an appointment with service in the morning.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:46 AM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the issue twice with my '11 GS. First time dealer said the #4 plug wire fell out of the coil. Second time I looked and the #4 plug wire was broken and hanging, dealer ordered a new wire. I'd say pull the covers off the engine and at least take a look for yourself, it may save a trip to the dealer.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Hey Yellow,

Keep me posted on how your trip to the dealership goes. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Yellow 2000
Instructor

Byron, you were right. It was a broken plug wire. Strange on a car with less than 400 miles. The flashing HVAC display was replaced. The service visit to Jon Hall Chevrolet in Daytona Beach was probably the best I have ever experienced. The service advisor, Katie was wonderful.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Hey Yellow,

I am so happy that everything was taken care of for you! High five to Jon Hall Chevrolet, is this your usual dealership?

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-31-2013, 02:50 PM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear it was a simple fix and you're back on the road.

There have been more than a few of us with the same issue. Since this problem seems to span multiple years I think Chevrolet needs to look closer at the construction or installation of their wires because either they are being produced with a defect or the installation is breaking them. In either case they seem to stay on the coils until vibration shakes them loose. Don't even get me started about on board computers that won't even tell you the correct problem.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Yellow 2000
Instructor

I agree. There was another guy there today with a 2011 GS with the same problem. He said it had happened twice. There was another couple in the waiting room that overheard our conversation and he said they had a 1957 fuelie that he bought new.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Yellow 2000
Instructor

Kelly, yes it is the local dealership that I have dealt with before. I bought the Vette there 2 months ago and took my daughter and son-in-law back a few days later and they bought a new Traverse. They are great to deal with.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:49 AM
JOSEPH MARKS
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by B y r o n
Glad to hear it was a simple fix and you're back on the road.

There have been more than a few of us with the same issue. Since this problem seems to span multiple years I think Chevrolet needs to look closer at the construction or installation of their wires because either they are being produced with a defect or the installation is breaking them. In either case they seem to stay on the coils until vibration shakes them loose. Don't even get me started about on board computers that won't even tell you the correct problem.
I had a problem with this today too plug wire came off plugged it back in runs fine except for the cel is still on i have a 2012 convertible
Old 08-31-2014, 03:51 AM
JOSEPH MARKS
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JOSEPH MARKS
I had a problem with this today too plug wire came off plugged it back in runs fine except for the cel is still on i have a 2012 convertible
thanks for the help saved me a trip to the dealer

Get notified of new replies

To Service Traction Control

Quick Reply: Service Traction Control