C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Shifter Trim

Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 AM
vet55
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A6 Shifter Trim

Is the brushed silver trim
on the shifter removable?
Feels like it is over the
shifter button.
Thx ahead.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:15 AM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yes, i took mine off and had it dipped in hydrocarbon. It just pops up off the shifter. gently lift it straight up with something pointy....
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM
vet55
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vig1116
yes, i took mine off and had it dipped in hydrocarbon. It just pops up off the shifter. gently lift it straight up with something pointy....
Thank You, kind sir!
By the way, can you say here
or pm to me who did the
CF work, please?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,095 Likes on 807 Posts

I did the same and also change the shifter **** with a DSV one in Titanium
Old 07-30-2013, 10:08 AM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vet55
Thank You, kind sir!
By the way, can you say here
or pm to me who did the
CF work, please?
I used a local guy here in NJ and honestly wouldn't recommend them. The pieces are growing on me, but when i gave them the exact pattern color I wanted, they said they could match it perfectly. Of course a week later they said they could't find the film the other guy used and i settled on their pattern and it has too much silver in it for me. Also, none of the pieces are "perfect" like i wished they were, or the way I would make sure they were if I did them!! When I say perfect, I mean straight. They're all bending lines not straight lines..... annoys the **** out of me but it's my fault for accepting it and not saying anything about it....

PS there are plenty of places that do hydrocarbon, many of them forum sponsors. American hydrocarbon, TKO, and many more. Start a thread and ask around and make sure you get one highly recommended, cause some are a$$*&%$...

Last edited by vig1116; 07-30-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:01 AM
vet55
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vig1116
I used a local guy here in NJ and honestly wouldn't recommend them. The pieces are growing on me, but when i gave them the exact pattern color I wanted, they said they could match it perfectly. Of course a week later they said they could't find the film the other guy used and i settled on their pattern and it has too much silver in it for me. Also, none of the pieces are "perfect" like i wished they were, or the way I would make sure they were if I did them!! When I say perfect, I mean straight. They're all bending lines not straight lines..... annoys the **** out of me but it's my fault for accepting it and not saying anything about it....

PS there are plenty of places that do hydrocarbon, many of them forum sponsors. American hydrocarbon, TKO, and many more. Start a thread and ask around and make sure you get one highly recommended, cause some are a$$*&%$...

Thx! Johnny at Performance Corvettes
just did a light switch bezel for me
which was perfect. Those guys are
great!

Get notified of new replies

To A6 Shifter Trim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A6 Shifter Trim