C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NO FOBS DETECTED What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 07:35 PM
Nhdataguy
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Funny, I just bought a 2007 C6 3LT Coupe with 23k on it. Still haven't taken possession of it yet, The dealer has to replace a RR TPMS sensor?
Salesmen has had issues for a week cant start it yada yada.. having perused the forums, told him to put the key in the little compartment in the glovebox ...
Started right up ...
Now only if they could buff the spider cracks from the drivers headlight ...

Thanks

Old 08-18-2022, 12:53 PM
John Harry
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 270 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Nhdataguy
Now only if they could buff the spider cracks from the drivers headlight ...
Try RLSebring on the Forum for lens replacement.
Old 08-18-2022, 03:09 PM
GReenDragon
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I bought my "19 Grand Sport, one fob worked, one did not. After replacing battery in the one that did not work, it still did not work. Went back to the dealer and and it was thought they had given me the wrong fob, Turnedout the new battery was dead. Several times the dash has given me the message "no fob found". When that happens now, I hit the unlock button on the fob, twice, and it usually starts. Several times I have had to insert the fob into the slot on the steering column to start the car, then it works. Sometimes I believe it is because my cell phone is interrupting the signal and sometimes it is the fob for another vehicle. So for far, we have not been stranded anywhere. It keeps it interesting.
Old 01-23-2023, 11:49 PM
sirdano
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts

Question in learning a FOB.
So bought a 2009 with one FOB with key. I assume it was set as key 3 or 4 as the option menu was unavailible.
So did the long learn and made it 1.
Got a spare and tried to make it #2 but used short learn. I tried it twice but sent it back (amazon 30)
Should I have done the long again but with two fobs or was the 2nd just bad? I did check battery and was 3V
Old 01-24-2023, 12:15 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by sirdano
Question in learning a FOB.
So bought a 2009 with one FOB with key. I assume it was set as key 3 or 4 as the option menu was unavailible.
So did the long learn and made it 1.
Got a spare and tried to make it #2 but used short learn. I tried it twice but sent it back (amazon 30)
Should I have done the long again but with two fobs or was the 2nd just bad? I did check battery and was 3V
The short process is only good for adding a previously unlearned fob.

Run the long form again and program ALL the fobs that you're going to use in that one pass thru the form. It should let you program all the fobs you want.

That long form you used eliminated all other fobs.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:05 AM
sirdano
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
The short process is only good for adding a previously unlearned fob.

Run the long form again and program ALL the fobs that you're going to use in that one pass thru the form. It should let you program all the fobs you want.

That long form you used eliminated all other fobs.
Would my post not be that?
Mine came with one FOB. Did long setup made it #1. Purchased online a second one tried twice and it failed. Unless the short one is only good for FOB 3,4
Old 01-24-2023, 08:02 AM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,151 Posts

A fresh fully charged fob battery should read 3.3V. Decimals matter here. If it measured 3.0V, it only has 50% charge. I’m not sure if a fob can be programmed with a weak battery, although the antenna behind the slot should induce enough current for it to be recognized. When you took out the battery to test it, did you put it in the right way up? Was the fob oriented in the slot correctly?
The short procedure should have added in the second fob as #2. If the Amazon fob was not OEM, then I’d be suspicious of it. Some have been found to be unable to open the hatch, for example. You might consider getting an OEM fob as your #2.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:33 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Hello, visiting the C6 FOB section again.

When you do the short program to add a FOB, it will add a new FOB as 3 - 8. THe short program WILL NOT add FOB #2. If you have 1 FOB (1 or 2) and would like to add a 2nd FOB to become 1 or 2, you must do the long program. When you are asked to insert the first FOB, it becomes FOB #1 and the 2nd FOB inserted becomes #2.

ELmer
Old 01-24-2023, 09:31 AM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Hello, visiting the C6 FOB section again.

When you do the short program to add a FOB, it will add a new FOB as 3 - 8. THe short program WILL NOT add FOB #2. If you have 1 FOB (1 or 2) and would like to add a 2nd FOB to become 1 or 2, you must do the long program. When you are asked to insert the first FOB, it becomes FOB #1 and the 2nd FOB inserted becomes #2.

ELmer
3 - 8? No. Where’s your reference for the rest of it? And even if true, the the Amazon fob didn’t get added in as #3, so something isn’t right.

Last edited by FatsWaller; 01-24-2023 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Get
Old 01-24-2023, 10:19 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

OK, slowly.

If the FOB being added is not from the dealer anything can happen and usually what happens is bad.

Next, if the FOB is the wrong part number, it won't work.

Next, If you have the 2 FOBs that come with the car, adding FOBs 3-8 is done with the short program and 3 - 8 will have no memory functions.

Next, If you have 1 FOB and would like to add a FOB and do the short program, it'll be FOB#3 with NO memory functions

Next, If you have 1 FOB and want to add a FOB so you're just like the car came with, you do the long program and the first FOB in the slot, during programming, is #1 and the 2nd FOB in the slot, during programming, is #2 and both FOBs will have full memory functions.

Elmer.
Old 01-24-2023, 12:44 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

OK, slowly.

If the FOB being added is not from the dealer anything can happen and usually what happens is bad.

Next, if the FOB is the wrong part number, it won't work.

Next, If you have the 2 FOBs that come with the car, adding FOBs 3-8 is done with the short program and 3 - 8 will have no memory functions.

Next, If you have 1 FOB and would like to add a FOB and do the short program, it'll be FOB#3 with NO memory functions

Next, If you have 1 FOB and want to add a FOB so you're just like the car came with, you do the long program and the first FOB in the slot, during programming, is #1 and the 2nd FOB in the slot, during programming, is #2 and both FOBs will have full memory functions.

Elmer.
Slowly? You sanctimonious *^$%*^#. I well understand how fobs work and how they get programmed to the car. And you're saying 3 - 8, as if you can program up to 8 fobs. That's contrary to what's in the owner's manual, which states that you can have up to 4 fobs programmed to the car, and specifically, as 1,2,3, and 4. It's also contrary to my direct experience, having at this point 4 fobs programmed and working with the car. When fob 4 finished, I got the maximum number of fobs learned message, also as stated in the manual. The 4th fob, BTW, was a Cadillac clone with the correct FCCID, and it works just fine. And the manual also states that if you have only one programmed fob, you can use the short procedure to add in fobs 2,3, and 4. Nothing is in there to suggest that the programming procedure would skip to #3 if only one fob was programmed. It's also possible to program the fobs using a Tech II, and there you might be able to skip memory slots.

Perhaps you might consider following the manufacturer's advice, and not insert the Q-tips beyond the recommended depth. Or maybe insert them slowly, so as to give you a chance to back out.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:04 PM
eboggs_jkvl

My memory was wrong on the number of FOBs that can be added. The C6 I had was replaced be the C7 I have and it is the one with 8 FOBs.

HOWEVER, this instruction, https://www.ls2.com/boggs/c6/C6FobProgramming.pdf does clearly state 4 FOBs max, fine, I was wrong with the 8 but SINCE I WROTE THE INSTRUCTIONS used in this thread, I recommend you follow the instructions.

You might take your Q-tip out too and try and be civil on the forum. You seem to be upset.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:32 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

My memory was wrong on the number of FOBs that can be added. The C6 I had was replaced be the C7 I have and it is the one with 8 FOBs.

HOWEVER, this instruction, https://www.ls2.com/boggs/c6/C6FobProgramming.pdf does clearly state 4 FOBs max, fine, I was wrong with the 8 but SINCE I WROTE THE INSTRUCTIONS used in this thread, I recommend you follow the instructions.

You might take your Q-tip out too and try and be civil on the forum. You seem to be upset.
You are correct. My mother didn't raise me to be rude, and for that I apologize. The 'slowly' part somehow got to me. cclive wrote a comprehensive set of instructions, which I followed, and seems to be the current go-to for for c6 fob programming. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tructions.html The slot test part of it has probably saved a few member's bacon before they erased everything and found they couldn't reprogram anything.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:53 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Cclive and I worked in harmony to get the instructions I listed. The If/Then table format is used a lot in training to give an easier path to a set of instructions, rather than big paragraphs and lots of words.

Enjoy your day.
Old 01-24-2023, 09:46 PM
sirdano
Drifting

Hey thanks for all the info. Fob #2 will be spare wifes key. So if trunk works or not no big deal. Got another one coming in as per review many have said worked of c6 corvette. Will do long procedure again for both FOBs
Old 02-03-2023, 12:31 PM
sirdano
Drifting

I was able to use short procedure to program wife 2 fob. Everything works and all personal settings are able to be set. That first one I got must have been trash. This was a 21.00 ebay special
Old 02-03-2023, 12:52 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sirdano
I was able to use short procedure to program wife 2 fob. Everything works and all personal settings are able to be set. That first one I got must have been trash. This was a 21.00 ebay special
Glad to hear it. And that verifies the manual which indicates that if only one fob is programmed to the car, the next fob # assigned with the short procedure will be #2.
Old 02-03-2023, 01:02 PM
sirdano
Drifting

Originally Posted by FatsWaller
Glad to hear it. And that verifies the manual which indicates that if only one fob is programmed to the car, the next fob # assigned with the short procedure will be #2.
what someone else said you had to do long for both one and two so this is no true. Saved me 30 minutes

Quick Reply: NO FOBS DETECTED What to do?