C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Corvette App Radio 3 Package Now Available! Only $559.99!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Default C6 Corvette App Radio 3 Package Now Available! Only $559.99!

Double D Mods
608-568-3011

App Radio 3

Now Available!

THE MOST COMPATIBLE APPS FOR ANY CAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM,
WITH MORE THAN 30 APPS AND COUNTING

Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

ttt
Old 08-01-2013, 04:23 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

So, to clarify, I can order a setup such as this that's fully ready to simply plug right into the car? I've had the entire C6 interior apart more than a few times (all the way to a heater core replacement at the firewall) so the physical install would be no trouble.

My hope is that the factory non-nav unit simply unplugs and dismounts with the new unit going right back in the same way. This the case?

Additionally, the DD Mods site lists options for backup cameras, some affordable and some several times more expensive. I couldn't find any individual reviews or listings for those cameras on the site. What begets the price variation? Do you have examples of each in operations? Is it a video quality thing, or a resolution thing, or a visible frame / wide angle thing?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 PM
quadracr
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Subscribed
Old 08-02-2013, 06:33 AM
ryoder
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Expect an order from me.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
So, to clarify, I can order a setup such as this that's fully ready to simply plug right into the car? I've had the entire C6 interior apart more than a few times (all the way to a heater core replacement at the firewall) so the physical install would be no trouble.
If you opt for our prewire option yes I can have it all wired and ready to plug into the car. You will have to connect one wire which is an extended orange wire that will need to be connected to your traction control harness and to the gray wire with black stripe. There is no dimming circuit in the C6 so we have to attach to this location in order to get the radio to dim at night. You will then also set the volume settings for the chimes and onstar volume by adjusting the GMOS04 unit itself
My hope is that the factory non-nav unit simply unplugs and dismounts with the new unit going right back in the same way. This the case?
somewhat yes. You will disconnect the factory radio and will need to use supplied Metra dash kit which attaches to the radio to mount back into the car
Additionally, the DD Mods site lists options for backup cameras, some affordable and some several times more expensive. I couldn't find any individual reviews or listings for those cameras on the site. What begets the price variation? Do you have examples of each in operations? Is it a video quality thing, or a resolution thing, or a visible frame / wide angle thing?
Its basically a quality of image displayed. We sell a lot of the Pyle rear cameras and if you want something inexpensive this would be the option. The KEnwood CMOS210 is my favorite and what I use on my own car.

Let me know any other questions

Dennis
Old 08-02-2013, 01:11 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for clarifying everything, Dennis! As soon as I do some figuring as to which unit will suit my needs, you can expect an order.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:20 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Secondary question:

For the backup camera, can it be/is it pre-wired upon purchase into the HU? Specifically, after mounting the camera, will lines need to be spliced into for power/ground/image, etc, or does all that simply run through a designated harness hanging off the back of the radio?

Ideally, I'd like to mount the camera, run whichever harness through the interior, and plug it into the HU- voila. But not sure if it's that simple.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:52 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Secondary question:

For the backup camera, can it be/is it pre-wired upon purchase into the HU? Specifically, after mounting the camera, will lines need to be spliced into for power/ground/image, etc, or does all that simply run through a designated harness hanging off the back of the radio?

Ideally, I'd like to mount the camera, run whichever harness through the interior, and plug it into the HU- voila. But not sure if it's that simple.
Well
wiring will depend on what camera.
Your going to need to connect the trigger wire to the car which is connected to the reverse lights- something I can not do
your also going to need to connect the power and ground for camera. Something I can leave connections for but just wont be able to do as you will need to run wiring before connecting. Adding the camera is not hard just time consuming is all
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Cool! No prob. And final question: I would be willing to step up from the Pyle to the next option if the clarity/resolution of the image is truly substantial enough to make the extra $150 (I believe?) a worthwhile investment. I mean, that's nearly the price of a whole GoPro basic setup. You wouldn't happen to have a screenshot or video of the cameras in action on Youtube would you? For comparison's sake of course.

You can't blame me for wanting to see where that substantial chunk of extra coin is going as far as bang for the buck. And again, I have all intentions of ordering a setup from you as soon as I get all this straightened out. Not just tire kickin' or trying to waste your time. Honest.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Dennis, do you know of any plans to include a HUD link from this (or any other similar) unit?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:46 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Cool! No prob. And final question: I would be willing to step up from the Pyle to the next option if the clarity/resolution of the image is truly substantial enough to make the extra $150 (I believe?) a worthwhile investment. I mean, that's nearly the price of a whole GoPro basic setup. You wouldn't happen to have a screenshot or video of the cameras in action on Youtube would you? For comparison's sake of course.

You can't blame me for wanting to see where that substantial chunk of extra coin is going as far as bang for the buck. And again, I have all intentions of ordering a setup from you as soon as I get all this straightened out. Not just tire kickin' or trying to waste your time. Honest.

I do not have any video or pics but can take a pic of the cmos210 displayed on the screen of my KEnwood DNN990HD if you like
Old 08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by johnodrake
Dennis, do you know of any plans to include a HUD link from this (or any other similar) unit?
The only plans is a harness this is still in the works and will work with Kenwood only when it does become available. We will be able to retain song info but the option to add the NAV directions back into the HUD will never happen as the language GM uses will not be compatible with the aftermarket radios.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:54 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
The only plans is a harness this is still in the works and will work with Kenwood only when it does become available. We will be able to retain song info but the option to add the NAV directions back into the HUD will never happen as the language GM uses will not be compatible with the aftermarket radios.
Thanks, Dennis. Perhaps one day someone will come up with a translator.

The Pioneer unit looks like a great deal. May have to consider that for my truck! (05 Silverado)
Old 08-06-2013, 11:57 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by johnodrake
Thanks, Dennis. Perhaps one day someone will come up with a translator.

The Pioneer unit looks like a great deal. May have to consider that for my truck! (05 Silverado)
it would be same price for your truck as well John as the kit is almost identical to the C6 for what you need
Old 08-06-2013, 12:41 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Dennis, if you don't mind taking that screen shot, I would be very appreciative. Would there be anyone in the immediate area with an installed Pyle that could be compared?

Again, thanks for the hassle!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:57 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey Dennis, I think I'm going to go ahead and pick up a deal without the camera for now, as I just cant get into any of the mounting options for it. Perhaps I'll come around to something later on, but for now, I'm going to just pick up the AppRadio 3 package you've got up top. So no worries on bothering with that pic for now if you don't have time- though I'm sure it could be used to sell some other folks on that camera.

Just submitted my order! Thanks Dennis for all your help thus far.

-Nolan P

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Corvette App Radio 3 Package Now Available! Only $559.99!

Old 09-02-2013, 08:17 AM
bob8
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Radio & Nav

Thanks for responding...Reception is a issue ..good to know it can be corrected!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:46 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Assuming im going to be running ARU do I need to make any modifications to either wire harness to allow the radio to fully function while the e brake is down?

What will happen with the factory chimes when either harness is used?

Thank you for putting this kit together and pricing it reasonably
Old 11-29-2013, 08:12 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Do you have a package for the c5?I need my bezel resized as well

Quick Reply: C6 Corvette App Radio 3 Package Now Available! Only $559.99!