C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Vette History which leads to.....

Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 PM
sav426
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Vette History which leads to.....

Hello everyone!

This will be my 3rd C6!

1st-Bought a 2005 3LT black/black coupe! Loved the car so much but couldn't keep up the hard work to keep the black looking proper! Bought in 08 and oh man that car was a swirl nightmare! Even about 13 coats Zaino couldn't help it! The swirls drove me bananas so traded it for H2!

2nd-Last April bought a creampuff 2005 Blade Silver 3LT coupe! OMG love this car (still sitting in my driveway) and it has Billy Boat Bullets and man that car is ZERO paint maintenance except touchless carwash and I Zaino'd once! LOVE LOVE LOVE this car. Traded the H2 for this, had to reverse a god awful choice I made by getting that behemoth to begin with!

But its 8 years old....so time for trade, but need Daily Driver first!

Daily Driver Purchase- Last October I pickup a 2006 Ford Explorer Limited loaded Nav etc etc. I like the vehicle for the price etc. It serves its purpose. I drive this and Vette remains new everytime I hope in it. Except its 8yrs old........

Path to the 3rd- Well a few weeks ago I start coming back to the boards here. I start reading and than I get to Dealer Inventory and oh man I discover Macmulkin an hour away...

I was lurking and looking at those beautiful rebates and oh boy he has 3 Silver Manual 2LT Grandsports! I was in heaven. Than I realized do I want a loaded Grandsport or a Gen1 C7 ZERO options no rebates? I battle this in my head for days. I decide the C7 Id want is going to be about 64k. Much higher than a nice mean look Grandsport......

I decide I'm going after one of those silvers and I send the feelers out.

Than I see it......

Cyber Gray/Black Wheels Black Interior simply gorgeous MEAN LOOKING and well just made the silver not as appealing (keep in mind I have a C6 Coupe in Silver so maybe I'm wanting change). I start remembering the horror story of the black I had.....

.......but screw it!

3rd-2013 Cyber Gray 2LT/Black Wheels Black interior. My 3rd ends up being a color smack in middle of other two I've had.

I pick her up Saturday and pics to follow for sure!

I have tried and tried and tried and cannot find pics or videos of what those black wheels look like rolling. Does anyone have this color combo or the black wheels. How do they look rolling down the road! OMG Im like a kid in candy story! Is the maintenance to keep clean going to be as bad as that black!

Will my cell phone connect to it as true Bluetooth like a modern car! I cant wait you guys and I know its going to bone stock but man Im so excited!

Im so happy to be part of the widebody vettes now!

and I WILL ALWAYS WAVE!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:58 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Congrats. Don't worry about the CG. I have one, and it's nothing like black to keep looking nice. Not as hassle-free as silver, but surprisingly easy given it seems to be a fairly dark color.

Pretty easy color to live with.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
beaversstonehaven
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

Best of Luck with the new car! McMulkin is great to deal with. Tell Tommy hello from the silver coupe guy in San Marcos, TX if you have a chance. I had a lot of fun when I bought my car from him.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Congrats. I agree with the others. Tommy Jr was great to deal with.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 815 Likes on 384 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Congrats on the new car, but, as far as the swirls go, if you had then in the black car and used the same procedure of care on the silver as you did the black, you had swirls in the silver, but they are harder to spot then on a dark color. I wish you luck with your new car, and the black wheels may be an issue also in keeping them looking good. If you start to see and swirls in the new paint, I suggest that you get on here and either post up your procedures on washing the car, because that is where most swirls come from. There is also the car care section to check out.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 AM
H8S FORD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Congrats. Don't worry about the CG. I have one, and it's nothing like black to keep looking nice. Not as hassle-free as silver, but surprisingly easy given it seems to be a fairly dark color.

Pretty easy color to live with.
I too have a CGM and the upkeep is a breeze! Mine is also a CGM/BLK/BLK- I'll see if I can snap some photos of my rims on the go. Congrats and great choice!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:51 AM
kenownr
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Congrats on new ride. I have 12 GS C/G and not too bd to keep clean. I do notice a few very, very thin scratches probably from dirt on the dry towel. It does seem pretty easy to scratch.
BT phone hooked right up and save function if you have nav sys works very good. I have 3 different phones paired all with their own phone books. Works great.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:54 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

Congratulations.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:17 AM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 07-19-2013, 11:15 AM
sav426
Racer

Originally Posted by H8S FORD
I too have a CGM and the upkeep is a breeze! Mine is also a CGM/BLK/BLK- I'll see if I can snap some photos of my rims on the go. Congrats and great choice!
I would love if you did that!! You can even text 860-839-1300 or email Savdiddy@gmail.com pics of that color scheme in its natural habitat!!

Id love that so much! The silver ones he has there are staring at me and want make sure Im doing right thing by leaving that silver behind!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:57 AM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats in the CG. I eyeball that color a lot.

Lisa
Old 07-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulation! Here's wishing you many miles of smiles in your new C6.

Get notified of new replies

To My Vette History which leads to.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Vette History which leads to.....