C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to Purchase New 2013 Grand Sport 2LT w/Chrome Rims & NPP

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:27 PM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
MacMulkin has the car you are looking for.

2013 Grand Sport Coupe
Cyber Gray
Black Interior
2LT
Chrome Wheels
Dual Mode Exhaust
Automatic
Embroidery Flag Seats

MSRP $63,800
My son has change his mind to Black exterior!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

We already did your homework and even gave out the answers.

Tommy jr at MacMulkin 603-888-1121

Scroll about halfway down

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-d...l-must-go.html
Old 07-19-2013, 06:21 AM
rjmij
Instructor

I know where you can get a great '08 Crystal Red, A6 with lots od add-ons including a set of winter tires/rims. Even have video of your Z06 passing by so you can always reming your son which is faster.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:53 AM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Default Buying 2013 Grand Sport

I've found a 2013 Black Grand Sport after dealing with 3-4 Corvette Forum dealers.

2013 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT COUPE
BLACK / BLACK, AUTO, 3LT, RED CALIPERS, EMBROIDERY, CHROMES AND DUAL MODE

Should be delivery soon
Old 07-20-2013, 04:04 AM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by RobVette
I've found a 2013 Black Grand Sport after dealing with 3-4 Corvette Forum dealers.
That is great to hear.

What dealership did you buy from?
Old 08-08-2013, 02:30 AM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

My Son finally received his 2013, 3LT, Grand Sport, Black on Ebony w/Red Calipers.

Purchased from Buds Chevy since Kerbeck refused to sell us a Corvette. According to their sales management team; my name was listed on some GM Export listing. WTF.

Bottomline; they missed out on a cash purchase!!!

Paid Cash

My VR Z06. "Corvette Family" Picture was taken while touring Normandy.

Last edited by RobVette; 08-11-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:40 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

My Son finally received his 2013, 3LT, Grand Sport, Black on Ebony w/Red Calipers.

Purchased from Buds Chevy since Kerbeck refused to sell us a Corvette. According to their sales management team; my name was listed on some GM Export listing. WTF.

Paid Cash

My Z06 is listed on my signature. "Corvette Family"
why in the world wouldn't kerbeck sell you a car? that doesn't make sense, unless he didn't have the car you were looking for. anyway, congrats to your son. save the wave, and drive safe.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 402 Likes on 283 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'24

Tommy! Tommy! Tommy!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:47 PM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Corvette has been purchased & delivery to NC.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:21 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Paid Cash

Congrats on the the new car. And just so you know, THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO PAY CASH! They make money on your loan or can't you figure that out.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:45 AM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Congrats on the the new car. And just so you know, THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO PAY CASH! They make money on your loan or can't you figure that out.[/QUOTE]

Cash wasn't the problem; Kerbeck said my name came up on GM Export Listing. Therefore, they couldn't sell me a car until they receive GM district sales mgr approval. Never rec'd any feedback only silent treatment and no responses to emails.

After 5-8 days of multiple phone calls and emails; I went to a different CF Vendor.

Bottom line: Kerbeck missed out due to stupidity ..........
Old 08-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Congrats on the the new car. And just so you know, THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO PAY CASH! They make money on your loan or can't you figure that out.
Cash wasn't the problem; Kerbeck said my name came up on GM Export Listing. Therefore, they couldn't sell me a car until they receive GM district sales mgr approval. Never rec'd any feedback only silent treatment and no responses to emails.

After 5-8 days of multiple phone calls and emails; I went to a different CF Vendor.

Bottom line: Kerbeck missed out due to stupidity ..........[/QUOTE]

Congrats, enjoy the new ride!

Can you share what your son paid?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brockman66
If I call you "Dad" will you buy me a GS, too?

Just what I was thinking !!!we could be his twins
Old 08-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 226 Likes on 197 Posts

Congrats.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
why in the world wouldn't kerbeck sell you a car? that doesn't make sense, unless he didn't have the car you were looking for. anyway, congrats to your son. save the wave, and drive safe.
He's 100% correct, we could not sell him a car. GM keeps a list of known exporters and every time a GM dealer sells a car they are supposed to check that list to make sure the customer isn't on there.

If a dealer sells a car to someone on that list and that car should end up out of the country, that dealer is looking at some serious penalties. Not only will they be charged back all of the rebate money, they can also be penalized with loss of allocation and the factory can go so far as losing their franchise.

It's nothing personal against him because he was a really nice guy, but why would any dealer take the chance of selling a car to someone on the list knowing the risks and penalties?

I'm glad he got the car and I hope he enjoys it!

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 08-11-2013, 12:51 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Are you in the market for another son. I would make a great choice. I'll do all my chores and even mow the lawn. For a grandsport ill even do the dishes once in a while
Old 08-11-2013, 02:18 PM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Paid Cash

I have bought from Buds before! Good People!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking to Purchase New 2013 Grand Sport 2LT w/Chrome Rims & NPP

Old 08-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
He's 100% correct, we could not sell him a car. GM keeps a list of known exporters and every time a GM dealer sells a car they are supposed to check that list to make sure the customer isn't on there.

If a dealer sells a car to someone on that list and that car should end up out of the country, that dealer is looking at some serious penalties. Not only will they be charged back all of the rebate money, they can also be penalized with loss of allocation and the factory can go so far as losing their franchise.

It's nothing personal against him because he was a really nice guy, but why would any dealer take the chance of selling a car to someone on the list knowing the risks and penalties?

I'm glad he got the car and I hope he enjoys it!

Dave

Very weird. I was overseas for the military and bought a new Chevy truck which I shipped overseas. If he can get a usaa auto loan then he has to be military and not an exporter. I understand the car is leaving the country but the car should have military plates and usaa auto insurance.

I think you guys lost a sale. He's going to register it with US military, military plates, usaa auto insurance, etc... Valid I'd card, APO address, status of forces agreement, full military support, etc...

If he registered the car with the German government he would have to pay all the import taxes, change the lights, mirrors, etc... Seems like a big hassle and major $$$$

I must have shipped 5 cars over and I shipped my vette twice. If you run a Carfax on the vette is shows 'EXPORT' twice but really not since I registered it with the US military.

I wonder if I'm on that list!

This story makes no sense. Sounds like kerbeck doesn't have an understanding of military folks overseas.

What is the deal??

Last edited by Bluewasp; 08-11-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:42 PM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bluewasp
Very weird. I was overseas for the military and bought a new Chevy truck which I shipped overseas. If he can get a usaa auto loan then he has to be military and not an exporter. I understand the car is leaving the country but the car should have military plates and usaa auto insurance.

I think you guys lost a sale. He's going to register it with US military, military plates, usaa auto insurance, etc... Valid I'd card, APO address, status of forces agreement, full military support, etc...

If he registered the car with the German government he would have to pay all the import taxes, change the lights, mirrors, etc... Seems like a big hassle and major $$$$

I must have shipped 5 cars over and I shipped my vette twice. If you run a Carfax on the vette is shows 'EXPORT' twice but really not since I registered it with the US military.

I wonder if I'm on that list!

This story makes no sense. Sounds like kerbeck doesn't have an understanding of military folks overseas.

What is the deal??
-------------------------------------????????????????????????????????

This is very weird because I've explained my DoD working situation (working for US Army) to Dave and Kerbeck mgr. Also I informed them that i still own/have the Corvette that i shipped to Germany which is registered with the American military.

My comment for Kerbeck; "Please share GM District Manager response to approving or disapproving the sale" Since you kept me on hold seeking or supposedly seeking GM approval.

Below are emails to & from Kerbeck on car buying experience.............................. ....................................

On Jul 16, 2013, at 1:28 AM, Alexander wrote:

Hi Dave & Rich,

Please pass this email to Mr. Rich Pepe (Kerbeck Corvette Manager)

I believe that i've been very patient while waiting seven days for Kerbeck to process application to purchase 2013 Grand Sport Corvette. On Wednesday; I'll take this situation to our military legal system because; I'm totally against any type of business refusing to serve DoD personnel.

Personally, i find Kerbeck refusal to sell a new corvette to DoD military personnel TOTALLY UNREASONABLE. Simply because they shipped a corvette to their overseas duty station; especially if the person still own the same exported Corvette. "This is weird"

V/r
Alexander

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Jul 15, 2013, at 8:47 PM, Alexander wrote:

Just checking to see if you've made progress on resolving car purchase problem.

Slowing beginning to research different Corvette Forum dealers. So far, one of them has never heard of GM listing/manifest.

V/r
Alexander

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Kerbeck Salesman ........................................ ...........................

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Has Kerbeck Refused to Process Application for Corvette Purchase?
Date: July 12, 2013 10:14:52 PM GMT+02:00
To: Alexander Robinson

Dear Rob,
I referred you to Mr. Pepe yesterday in order to better explain the situation. At this time I still have no had any word one way or the other. As a salesman here, this situation is well above my pay grade, as it were. Sorry I can't be more helpful with this.
Thank you for your patience,

Dave B
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Alexander wrote:
Hello Dave,

I've recently talked with Rich Pepe about; "why my application hasn't been processed!" He's awaiting approval from GM District Sales Manager.

Since it has been three days; my question: "is Kerbeck refusing to sell me a Corvette?"

I've said all alone that i was purchasing this car for my son and it would be register in NC. And yes, i currently owned a Corvette Z06 for about three years with no intentions of selling to a European member. Therefore, i'm shocked that Kerbeck manager doesn't have direct access to GM District Manager to clear up these type of misunderstandings.

Please advise on way ahead!

V/r
Rob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kerbeck salesman response -- On Jul 10, 2013

Yes Rob,
I received everything I needed, Thank you. I'm putting it all together this afternoon for you.

Dave

________________________________________ ________________________________________ _______________________
:fla g:

Bottom-Line: Kerbeck didn't support selling Corvette to DoD American station overseas. To make matters worst; they didn't respond or comment on their conversation with the GM District Manager.

Corvette Forum Members - Your thoughts!!!

Last edited by RobVette; 08-12-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:11 AM
rjmij
Instructor

Not sure I like what's going on. I bought mine for Dave in '08 and was thinking of talking to him about updating to a '14.

Might have to rethink who to buy from.

Wonder if my name is on a list somewhere

Quick Reply: Looking to Purchase New 2013 Grand Sport 2LT w/Chrome Rims & NPP