C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor Service in Phoenix Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:35 AM
C5-2003
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Poor Service in Phoenix Area

I have had it with a Scottsdale service department. They cannot even do an oil change correctly. Over and over they talk the talk but fail to walk the walk when it comes to servicing my GRANDSPORT. My bottomline is that I can no longer trust them.
I am looking for a RELIABLE service dept in the Phoenix area that I can depend upon. I have a reliable individual that can do minor service such as oil changes but I wonder if that would invalidate my warranty.
I would appreciate any recommendations on reliable service depts in the Phoenix area from someone who has used them with success. Thanks for any help. My Grandsport deserves far better service than what it has received in Scottsdale.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Bendog
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

I've always had good luck at freeway chevrolet at Ray/I-10...
Old 07-16-2013, 02:03 AM
WEBDZYNER
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Scottsdale dealership

If you are talking about a certain dealership on Frank Lloyd Right Blvd. in North Scottsdale, I have had no issues. It sucks if you had a bad experience. Hopefully no damage was done.

There is a Cadillac dealership 2 doors down, maybe give them a try.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:08 AM
jdk541
Safety Car

Received 606 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22-'23

I will second what Bendog said above. Never an issue at Freeway Chevrolet. Their shop is 100% indoors and they have a few oil change pits right in plain sight from the all glass waiting room, so you can keep a close watch on your car.

It's a bit of a drive from Scottsdale though. Good luck with your search!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Outlaw2013
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thoroughbred in Chandler is a good dealer. They have a Vette tech and sell Vettes for online wholesaler prices without " desert protection package" gouging like the one you're talking about in Scottsdale.

I went to Sands with my list of problems like crazed headlights and oxidized window trim and the writer ordered replacements without question. The driver headlight is barley crazed at the bottom too. Waiting on shipping right now to finish my thoughts on the service but so far so good.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:14 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

You can get your oil changed anywhere and it not void your warranty. I would keep receipts though, they can question if you had it changed at recommended intervals if you had a catastrophic failure.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:26 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Like any place that does business, someone will have a bad experience and others are happy. I've not been blessed with trouble free work at most places, so I have a list of several places I won't go to again regardless of the rave reviews from other people.

I do nearly all my own work unless it covered by warranty and I encourage others to at least learn how to do the easy stuff. Oil changes are one of the most simple things to do and the most often screwed up, because of the lack of care by the people who do them. The lube guy is the next lowest paid person after the wash guy, yet between them, they account for most customer complaints and the biggest costs to repair problems.

So when you get ready for your next oil change, PM me and I'll help you learn how to DIY.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by WEBDZYNER
If you are talking about a certain dealership on Frank Lloyd Right Blvd. in North Scottsdale, I have had no issues. It sucks if you had a bad experience. Hopefully no damage was done.

There is a Cadillac dealership 2 doors down, maybe give them a try.
I also go to the one mentioned first, but I talk to my salesman there & he watches over the total process & if ANYTHING goes bad he is the one responsible, so I avoid having to deal with the service dept. it's a hit or miss at most dealerships nowadays !!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

We're sorry to hear that you have had anything less than satisfactory service experiences with your dealership in Scottsdale, C5-2003. If there is anything you would like for us to look into or document, please don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sarah (Assisting Kelly)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Theres a post in the Z06 section of a guy with a blown 427 vert who got excellent service from a place called Van Chevy. I don't know anything about it but you could send him a pvt msg and get some info. The thread is call "Bummed out'

Clif
Old 08-31-2013, 12:02 PM
C5-2003
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Will probably start using Sands Chevrolet for service and I thank everyone for their comments. I can work on the car myself but without a lift or pit it makes things tough. Thanks again
Old 08-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Scott2.0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about Van? Why don't you specify so we know?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:11 PM
bumpin96monte
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had too many issues with Freeway:
-tried to get me to buy a top end cleaning service on my '03 Impala, even though the upper intake was a brand new replacement, and I had just had the engine torn down to the short block to fix a gasket issue less than 50 miles before because the top end of the engine was "caked with carbon buildup".... yeah right- I had just scrubbed all the carbon off the heads, LIM, and TB personally (car was in for a plugged cat diagnosis).

-tried to make me pay for a trans fluid flush on my '08 impala, since I had it in for warranty work because the trans was having electrical issues (previous chevy dealership tech had damaged the plug while replacing the harness for an ongoing no start condition years ago). Tranny started slipping and banging into gear. It was nowhere near the manual's recommended service time for the fluid- so I said if the fluid was dark, it was their electrical issue that caused it. They wouldn't cover it. I'll change it myself when it gets to the recommended interval.

-had an oil leak on my 07 GP GXP (LS4) from the rear seal. They wouldn't listen, and changed the pan gasket instead. Still leaked. Took it back, and they finally replaced it as they should've done the first time. They lost the drivers side inner fender plastic, and improperly attached the passenger side (it rubbed when you turned)- so it had to go back again for that. Also they beat on the car 2 of the 3 times it was in for this ordeal (full throttle launches as recorded on the car's built in G meter that I reset to 0 in the parking lot while dropping it off).

I certainly wouldn't trust them with my vette after they've done such a crap job with the other cars...

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 08-31-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:28 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Like any place that does business, someone will have a bad experience and others are happy. I've not been blessed with trouble free work at most places, so I have a list of several places I won't go to again regardless of the rave reviews from other people.

I do nearly all my own work unless it covered by warranty and I encourage others to at least learn how to do the easy stuff. Oil changes are one of the most simple things to do and the most often screwed up, because of the lack of care by the people who do them. The lube guy is the next lowest paid person after the wash guy, yet between them, they account for most customer complaints and the biggest costs to repair problems.

So when you get ready for your next oil change, PM me and I'll help you learn how to DIY.
This is a great offer. There's only one way to know it's done right and that's DIY. I've never in my life paid for and oil change and I've never had a problem. Saved a few $ also.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:47 PM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Moving from Calif to Sun City West AZ. This is good information as I will probably need warrantee service. Any info about the Chevy dlr I saw located on West Bell rd about 86th ave? (Just west of the 101).
Thanks
Old 08-31-2013, 07:59 PM
a66bbvet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ittlfly
Moving from Calif to Sun City West AZ. This is good information as I will probably need warrantee service. Any info about the Chevy dlr I saw located on West Bell rd about 86th ave? (Just west of the 101).
Thanks
That dealer just mergered and no longer sell corvettes. Try the dealership at 303 and Waddell.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:15 PM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by a66bbvet
That dealer just mergered and no longer sell corvettes. Try the dealership at 303 and Waddell.
Thanks. After we move in I'll take a ride down there and check it out.

Get notified of new replies

To Poor Service in Phoenix Area

Old 08-31-2013, 10:04 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
We're sorry to hear that you have had anything less than satisfactory service experiences with your dealership in Scottsdale, C5-2003. If there is anything you would like for us to look into or document, please don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sarah (Assisting Kelly)
Chevrolet Customer Care
FYI - Be very, very careful of your identifying markers and your complaints. This post is a "heads up" that your complaint(s) are recorded and enter into "the database" for every Chevy dealer to see, then wait until you have REAL problems. You're already flagged and the song-and-dance will continue. I've seen complaints of this at other Chevy related websites where their "customer care" peeps are "concerned" about you.

Last edited by Allan; 08-31-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Brady Kohuth
Instructor

Originally Posted by C5-2003
I have had it with a Scottsdale service department. They cannot even do an oil change correctly. Over and over they talk the talk but fail to walk the walk when it comes to servicing my GRANDSPORT. My bottomline is that I can no longer trust them.
I am looking for a RELIABLE service dept in the Phoenix area that I can depend upon. I have a reliable individual that can do minor service such as oil changes but I wonder if that would invalidate my warranty.
I would appreciate any recommendations on reliable service depts in the Phoenix area from someone who has used them with success. Thanks for any help. My Grandsport deserves far better service than what it has received in Scottsdale.
Bought my GS at Lund Cadillac on E.Bell Rd. and now are opening a new site,I believe it is also on Bell Rd.,but west of the 101. Anyway,I have never,ever had such a great experience at a dealer like they gave me. I told my service mgr that I wanted to watch the oil change process,he said "no problem,help yourself." Very Professional. I also was curious and was asking the workers how they like working here and all I got was,they loved it. Even when in the waiting room,it was like a lounge,free coffee,soda,bottled water,rolls and donuts,even a soft serve ice cream machine !! Usually,when you have happy workers you get good results and service IS the key !!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:30 AM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Default O'hh Noooo,... not Chevy Cust Care.

Sarah:

Please do not come on here and act like you have some genuine concern for a corvette owner, and you will help in some regard.
My experience and many others here is that Chevy Cust Care gives nothing more than false assurances.
It is nothing more than an exercise in futility that achieves one certain goal -- to further frustrate and anger your customers.

Please stop these useless posts, unless you [i.e. Chevy Cust Care] by action engaged in some real CRM.

By the way ... you might want to ask Kelly J. whatever happened to the follow up and due diligence promised on my particular concern.

Kind Regards,

Matthewelle

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc

Sarah (Assisting Kelly)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Last edited by User 2623; 09-02-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Poor Service in Phoenix Area