C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why you can't have nice things

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:04 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

I'm headed to AC this weekend. Thanks for this thread.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:05 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by RLSebring
Maybe the AMG and Bimmer were pissed that a car parked between them.

Maybe I've been fortunate as I park pretty much anywhere. I never have really fretted over any of my vehicles. I'm trying to join the 100,000 mile club with the Vette this summer and nary a scratch or ding. I did the same with my F350 Dually, which cost more than the Vette, and never had a problem with it either.

Sorry for your misfortune and good luck with the repair.
Too bad about the damage for the OP. Sometimes **** just happens, but usually it can be fixed and life goes on.

I also park most anywhere. I actually avoid spaces that would make it appear to be elitist or spaces where the next car is obviously abused. I do however, try to park on end spaces and spaces that leave a door width for the cars next to me.

Don't forget to take the required pic when you hit 100K with the speed at 100 MPH.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:40 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Went to AC for July fourth weekend. I really wanted to take the Vette as its a nice drive but ended up taking my girl friends Lexus SUV. Your story is exactly the reason why!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 PM
BettermostCorvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry, I got a similar surprise yesterday as well.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

About 3 years ago I pulled into a McDonalds at about 10 at night. I am the only one in the parking lot. Suddenly, an SUV with a bunch of 20 year olds pulls directly next to my Vette. The fat girl sitting in the rear of the SUV hit my quarter panel. She probably couldn't wait to get that Big Mac down her throat! The whole parking lot empty yet they had to park next to me! Luckily it was a minor scratch that rubbed out.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Joe1968ny
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would guess most of us here worked hard and saved a long time to buy these cars. Most luxury car owners today lease them with the full intention of giving them back after the lease is up. So parking between two leased cars may not be the best bet. They could care less what happens to their leased car.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:34 AM
child_of_fire
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

people are a**holes
Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 PM
black.z51.c6
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
My answer to this problem is that with my Corvette, not being a DD, is usually only driven for the sake of driving pleasure. I will only park when I know it will have the best chance of not being hit. Ya I go places and park it but my final destination is always taken into account before I decide which car I will drive. I have taken it on vacations where it sits out, which is inevitable but for the most part I usually just drive when I am pleasure cruising and do not park it most of the time or at least with my restaurants that I'll drive to and know I can park somewhat safely.

Kind of a big game but as I have often mentioned the Corvette for me is a very special toy and I like to feel special every time driving it and I still do after 5 1/2 years! But then I am like this with most of my possessions.

We all have different levels of ownership comfort and this is how I roll.

May sound lame but this is my "special car' and I treat it as such.
except that I drive this car everyday with the exception of when my final destination is somewhere that I don't feel comfortable leaving it... love the "this is how I roll" line... Awesome
Old 07-16-2013, 08:16 PM
black.z51.c6
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe1968ny
I would guess most of us here worked hard and saved a long time to buy these cars. Most luxury car owners today lease them with the full intention of giving them back after the lease is up. So parking between two leased cars may not be the best bet. They could care less what happens to their leased car.
Never thought about that... but it is a fantastic point. Like the op I would have thought I would be good between two nice cars. But the above comment seems very logical...
Old 07-19-2013, 05:20 PM
nikemart
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by child_of_fire
people are a**holes
Old 07-19-2013, 05:52 PM
PittMD1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the incident with your car. My wife will be the first to say lets find some place else to eat if the parking looks bad. I have bumped into parked cars before myself. The difference is that when I do I leave my information like any responsible person might.

Quick Reply: why you can't have nice things