C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay, don't laugh but...

Old 07-09-2013, 03:12 PM
H8S FORD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has also never seen rain! Garage kept year round and covered whether in the garage or parked out in front of a buddy's house for a few hours. You're not the only one with the disorder!!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:15 PM
NYC-Style
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Needless to say...you're not alone. In the 5 years I've owned my car it's been rained on maybe four times...and to my surprise it didn't melt, shrink or rust away!!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:50 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
I didn't think cars lost their virginity until you had sex in them. Due to the difficulty of that in a Vette, on it, is still acceptable.
The only way yer gonna have sex on mine is wash it thoroughly with Dawn or kerosene or something to take the 25 coats of wax off it. It's so slick that bird crap runs off of it on a hot day.
The downside of it being so slick is that there are tiny microscopic scrapes in the top layer of wax where the bugs land on it and try not to slide off by frantically flailing their little 6 legs trying to hold on.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:55 PM
E7_USAF_RET
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting caught in a little bit or rain is not the worse thing that could happen to your Corvette. How about a dust storm followed by monsoon level rain? When returning to California after the NCM delivery of my 2009 Atomic Orange Vert, I decided to make part of the trip on route 66. Route 66 is quite desolate in Arizona. East of Kingman, all I could see was a dust storm coming toward me and no place for me to run or hide. Got through the storm and stopped at the next gas station to check for sand damage. Could not detect any. At Kingman, got back on I 40 to continue trip. Soon after entering I 40 the sky opened up with a Arizona Monsoon. Rain so heavy that it was hard to see beyond the front of the car. Turned on my emergency flashers and lights so that other drivers could see me. Got through the rain with no more sand and dust on the car. Quite a trip.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:19 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Mine has seen rain a few times. I avoid it if possible, but here in MO it could be sunny and 92 and 7 minutes later it's storming and 68. Just drive safely.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

It's just a car. Drive it. I drove mine in rain. It did not break or melt it.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:57 PM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Mine saw rain when I drove it home from the dealership the day I purchased it.......got that rain voodoo out of the way right out of the gate......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Okay, don't laugh but...