C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

★ ► CHUCK CoW's "CoW BOOSTER!" - you will L.O.V.E. IT REVIEW - by gandalf1969 ◄ ★

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 11:42 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default ★ ► CHUCK CoW's "CoW BOOSTER!" - you will L.O.V.E. IT REVIEW - by gandalf1969 ◄ ★

CHUCK CoW's "CoW BOOSTER!" - you will L.O.V.E. IT REVIEW - by gandalf1969

Here is a really nice CoW BOOSTER! review that got lost, buried in one of the "CoW BOOSTER!

debate threads. This customer was a pleasure to deal with and if you read along, his

vehicle is NOT your average Corvette.... Actually, it's a 1969 CAMARO with a souped up LS7.

This is one of my favorite reviews by "gandalf1969" and I thought it appropriate to re-print it here.

The original post can be found by clicking HERE.

Read along....

To the OP - you will L.O.V.E. the CoW Booster. No matter what anyone else says, just try it and you won't want to go back.

I've read through this thread and similar to most threads on this topic - it amazes me at some of the responses. I'll steer clear of them
as tempted as I am to respond directly and just offer up my own first hand experience on CoW Booster which I purchased from Chuck
last month. I'll write up my own separate review but for now I'd drop something in here.

(Oh @John..... dude, Chuck is offering it to you for free - just go try it)

As a background - I have a non-Vette application with a stand-alone DBW N/A LS7 and T56 trans (no other modules - just the GM E38 ECM).
Dyno is around 600rwhp and the car gets used both on the street and autocross/road-race track events. I don't need more power - I have
plenty for what I need. One single thing I have tried to enhance is throttle response. The car has significant tuning time on it but a couple
friends cars with similar builds always had significantly better throttle response. That's what I was after.

Now, as already evidenced in these threads, lot of people are going to interpret that "throttle response" as a lot of different things and I'm
not sure I can do any better job at explaining it. SOTP - absolutely! Overall "feel" of the car on the street - yes. A much improved and
workable solution for the track - no question. Better time-slips - no idea - I have not drag raced the car. Bigger smile after driving - again
no question, absofreakinlutely :-)

I'm the skeptic. I asked Chuck all the questions you all have asked over and over about what it was, how it works, will it jack my motor or
my tune? Chuck spent ages answering my many questions on the phone and via email. He managed to answer each and every question
with a ton of background information that made sense and was consistent with what I had been experiencing.

Still the skeptic, I chose to pay Chuck to send me a replacement ECU with his gizmo loaded. I emailed him my HPT file and he got it all
ready and sent it my way. I therefor had no down-time - a big bonus for me. Plus I had the confidence that if I did not like it - I could
simply plug in my existing ECM and be back up and running in minutes.

As soon as I touched the throttle still in neutral in the garage - I could tell it was different. My friends cars I could always just blip the
throttle while stationary and the engine would just come alive, seemingly at the same rate as I pushed on the pedal. It would do so
very soon after my foot started moving whereas mine was comparably slower to respond and if I wanted anything "dramatic" I felt like
I would have to bury my foot in the pedal to have it respond. No more. I blipped the throttle and could tell it (response) was improved.
I could feel it just coming down the driveway and driving out of my neighborhood. I'm fairly good to my engine so no high rpm until my
oil temp is up. That said - I found myself enjoying the car immediately. The throttle was doing what I asked of it even in traffic on the
street. I had to adjust the way I drove because I over-drove a couple of shifts just from being used to driving "around" the older lack
of throttle response.

Once up to temp - I found a safe place to experiment. OMG! I was in heaven! I can now ease into the pedal and have the engine follow.
Prior attempts required some finessing of the clutch and throttle (admittedly the car has some decent tires out back). Anything from a
roll seemed like a lot of drama was necessary. Now I could just ease into it and I was having fun. It took very little seat time to adjust
my driving on the street and was just all around much more rewarding - feeling like I could actually USE the power the car had,
whenever I wanted it.

Next came the track. I had an SCCA event that weekend and boy was it a blast with the CoW Booster mod! There I really did have
to modulate my throttle input. I was so used to having to go deep and hard on the throttle - now that behavior had me walking a fine
line toward trouble lol! I could actually begin to use the throttle to place the car where I wanted it. It did cause me to have to adjust
steering and brake input accordingly but in a good way. Anyone who races these types of events will know what I'm talking about. The
car just performed great and I had the best time. The only difference was the CoW Booster - there had been ZERO other mods to the
car since the previous events.

FYI for those interested: I know Chuck didn't touch my tune because a couple little things I was still working on with the tune were
still there (just from driving the car - not from looking at my tune to review) so again - I know he did not alter my base tune if that
is a concern for anyone.

I've not done any road-racing track events yet but I cannot wait. I am clear just from the testing I've already done that down-shifting
with this mod is going to be night-&-day different to the drama that used to go along with it and trying not to upset the car while cornering.

So - hopefully that answers a question or two. Not very technical I know but there are enough people here to deal with those questions.
That's my first-hand SOTP experience reply to the OP and sorry to hijack your thread lol. Just do it. I cannot see a reason not to. With an
auto trans, I can only imagine the enhancements available to you.

Try it - you won't regret it!

G.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:59 PM
madmax4499
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loved my booster, Chuck i want my booster back!!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:09 AM
madmax4499
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i sent you an E-mail if you have a few! Matt Myers
Old 07-10-2013, 08:20 AM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still a happy camper too chuck!! I put on a corsa axel back since my tune and booster and i'm waiting for my callaway honker before i give you a call for a retune. I hope to see you soon!!

Get notified of new replies

To ★ ► CHUCK CoW's "CoW BOOSTER!" - you will L.O.V.E. IT REVIEW - by gandalf1969 ◄ ★

Quick Reply: ★ ► CHUCK CoW's "CoW BOOSTER!" - you will L.O.V.E. IT REVIEW - by gandalf1969 ◄ ★