C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mild to Wild question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 04:52 PM
redtremor885
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mild to Wild question

So when i bought my vette the first thing i purchased was the mild to wild kit and i loved it, then i decided i was gonna just upgrade the whole exhaust so i just bought the borla atak exhaust and x pipes (may do headers soon), so my question is the mild to wild kit will that work for a comaro zl1 because by brother in law just bought one and figured he could use it since im done with it or were they car specific?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by redtremor885
So when i bought my vette the first thing i purchased was the mild to wild kit and i loved it, then i decided i was gonna just upgrade the whole exhaust so i just bought the borla atak exhaust and x pipes (may do headers soon), so my question is the mild to wild kit will that work for a comaro zl1 because by brother in law just bought one and figured he could use it since im done with it or were they car specific?
More than likely not. Easiest way to know is to try it in the standard battery draining installation. If it works that way then you can try and adopt the non draining installation into the Camaro if it's electrical center is different than the Vette's.

Bill
Old 07-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

I would check with a vendor who sells M2W for both cars. They should know. One hint would be if they are the same stock number.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

There is nothing about the M2W that is Corvette specific. The M2W is basically a remote fuse switch with a "add-a-circuit". In fact you can buy the remote switch from Amazon. You can see from this link, it is the exact same unit but doesn't have the M2W sticker on the box.

If you understand basic 12v wiring, you can have it switch just about any fuse.

EDIT: I am taking the URL out. Go to Amazon and search for "RM01"

Last edited by Homer3D; 07-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Chuck Mahnke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 244 Likes on 94 Posts

Oooops! The secret is out. IBTL I believe it is a no-no to post a link to a source that sells a product that our Forum sponsors also sell.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Mahnke
Oooops! The secret is out. IBTL I believe it is a no-no to post a link to a source that sells a product that our Forum sponsors also sell.
No problem. Link removed. Simple search and it is easily found.

Get notified of new replies

To Mild to Wild question

Quick Reply: Mild to Wild question