C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you go out of your way when parking?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tikiman12
bunch of babies on here.

It's just a car.
I park as close as possible, I daily drive my car since 2009 when I got it, it lives outside uncovered. Right now I have 3 spider webs and a 3month layer of dirt on it lol. ( I live on a lake so the spider webs show up over night to catch all the bugs)
We're very different. I daily drive mine as well, but I wash it every weekend, when it's covered in a layer of dust and a few bugs and small splashes marks - maybe 60 miles since the last wash. My wife always asks me, "it's still clean, why are you washing it AGAIN?"
Old 07-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Tikiman12
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam_W
We're very different. I daily drive mine as well, but I wash it every weekend, when it's covered in a layer of dust and a few bugs and small splashes marks - maybe 60 miles since the last wash. My wife always asks me, "it's still clean, why are you washing it AGAIN?"
LOL, I have to agree with your wife. It gets dirty so fast, especially since it lives outside. I wash it usually monthly but now with the summer heat its too hot to go outside.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:33 AM
LSD 2005
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by su8pack1
When going to a store I park the Vette in the garage and take the DD.
What he said
Old 07-03-2013, 11:55 AM
redrckt97
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I used to park out about 4-5 spaces from the others - -not way out at the end-- but I still got my C5 badly keyed -- now I just look for an end space up close or the widest space available within the other cars. Mine is a daily driver and its true its "just a car" but I still keep it as nice as possible.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Geez "red2012", you come out as honest can be and you get blazed by a couple of members for no reason. Dude if you have a card that says you can park in the East River than good for you, as long as you're legit which by your obvious honesty you are. Better than our former president sticking his dingus where it doesn't belong. lol
Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Geez "red2012", you come out as honest can be and you get blazed by a couple of members for no reason. Dude if you have a card that says you can park in the East River than good for you, as long as you're legit which by your obvious honesty you are. Better than our former president sticking his dingus where it doesn't belong. lol
Dan I happen to be fortunate enough to have some friends in high places. I don't bother any body when I park in some of my 'crazy' places but I guess some people are jealous. Who wouldn't want to be able park wherever they want and have no repercussions? I have the perk and I intend to use it to my full advantage if and when it's needed..
Old 07-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

You know what they say bro, it ain't what you know it's who! Next time in in the city I'm going to tell the popo i know "red2012". Maybe I'll get some perks too...lol.

Quick Reply: Do you go out of your way when parking?