C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jealous ##@!%%$

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:45 PM
426 Hemi
Safety Car

Received 621 Likes on 418 Posts

I had my brand new Z-71 vandalized---they went around it with a hammer and broke out all the glass then went to work on the bed sides and mirrors. This was when I was 10 hours away from home.

Another time my father went out to his '63 split window and found cinder blocks inserted inside both doors.

Sad commentary on society indeed. Some people don't want to work hard for something and are extremely jealous of those that do. The worst part is they will always feel justified in their actions. Certain uh ........ "movements" as of late only reinforcing this.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Max-
Tonight you will sleep warm in your bed and wake up to a still-shiny red Corvette.
The dirtbag will not lead such a life. You come out on top in any comparison.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:30 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Minnesota Scott
I was in Target for a few things just last week. Parked all by myself way back in the lot in one stall. You would have to drive out of your way to get to it. I was opening the door for my son and there on the ground 3 ft from the door was a 20 inch steel metal hacksaw blade. It was not there when I went in and I was in the store 10 min tops. My guess is that the person drove his work truck by the car and threw the blade out the window while he drove by. The blade either flew over the car car or didn't make it to the car as they fortunately missed altogether. I was lucky this time.

For me it is a disappointment in what society has become.
Regards,
Scott
Does it really surprise you when we have a culture going on where successful people who made responsible decisions in life are made out to be villains? This crap is only going to get worse....

Last edited by R&L's C6; 06-28-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM
TysonJones
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stan0324
Few years back, some idiots spilled a milk shake all over my car. Same as you, did not get anybody upset driving there. Went to the nearest car wash and washed it off.

I really do not understand this. Like everyone else on this site, I am a car guy and would never intentionally damage anyone's car and we all know these cars are not cheap.
That happened to me about a month ago when I had it parked outside when I went to go see a movie. Came back and a strawberry milkshake was all over my right front fender, part of hood, and rim was covered. And it had dried by the time I got there. Sticky ****, and was a pain to get off. Only upsets you more after you had just waxed the thing. So no more going to places where it has to sit around for an hour or longer. I just dont understand jealous people. Who knows what I would have done had a caught the douche bag, but the rent a cop that drives around the parking lot, not even a big mall, heard it from me when I flagged him down. Same guy that gave me some type of warning ticket a few months back for taking up 2 spaces at the back of the lot. I swear they're all after us lol.

Even on my 02 TA, I ran inside the grocery store, and had the ttops off, was only inside for ten minutes tops. Came out to someone had spilled a full can of mountain dew on my seat.

On my 83 TA, someone keyed the passenger side door. The entire door. I found out who it was, confronted them. Threatened to press charges. Turned out they had absolutely no money to their name, lived on the street basically, decided not to waste the time or money going to court. Luckily the car now needs repainted finally, so it's not that big of a deal I guess anymore. Still pisses you off though.

I think its happened to all of us, but still sucks. Sorry to hear about what happened original poster.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

sad to hear everyone's bad experiences - what is surprising is that I have driven my car coast-to-coast in Canada and also a lot in the US and fortunately never experienced this type of behaviour - it's been parked at all kinds of motels overnight, in a ferry and so forth, during these trips
Old 06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Sorry to hear that, appreciate that it was not worse and go to a different coffee shop.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:05 AM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Garret
Maybe they slipped and it was an accident...?
I'm sure that's it. Just like the "accidental slip" the perp would have had if caught in the act.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear this stuff happens. Agree that it relates to jealousy and some sense of class warfare, i.e. us against them.

I suspect this won't be a problem for me in south Orange County, where the BMW 3-series is as common as Honda Accord and Toyota Camry in other places. I suspect the more common sentiment here towards Corvettes is either "funny, that guy must be from the midwest" or "poor guy, must not be able to afford a Porsche/GTR/Ferrari and had to default to the poor man's supercar."
Old 06-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by Adam_W
I suspect this won't be a problem for me in south Orange County, where the BMW 3-series is as common as Honda Accord and Toyota Camry in other places. "
don't know if that makes a difference - where this happened to my car mostly what you see are Porsche, Benz, BMW and other high end luxury cars
Old 06-29-2013, 11:33 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Minnesota Scott
I was in Target for a few things just last week. Parked all by myself way back in the lot in one stall. You would have to drive out of your way to get to it. I was opening the door for my son and there on the ground 3 ft from the door was a 20 inch steel metal hacksaw blade. It was not there when I went in and I was in the store 10 min tops. My guess is that the person drove his work truck by the car and threw the blade out the window while he drove by. The blade either flew over the car car or didn't make it to the car as they fortunately missed altogether. I was lucky this time.

For me it is a disappointment in what society has become.
Regards,
Scott
could be that the perp was trying to open your door and saw you coming, hacksaw blades work well for that job
Old 06-30-2013, 12:06 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Makes me afraid to take mine out of the garage....
Old 06-30-2013, 12:14 PM
rgamache
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is my biggest fear..parking in a public parking lot and having some jealous A$$..le trash my vette. Glad it was only coffee and not a key... Shake it off. When I go to the low class places like WM, I take my junker...

Old 06-30-2013, 12:27 PM
shadoquad
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in a relatively poor neighborhood, but nobody has messed with my nice rides over the years. In fact, I'm more likely to hear "nice car" from my neighbors than anything else.

I'm sorry that people act out like that. It's sad.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:01 PM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by choprfgr
Happened to me - coffee shop too.

Apparently the same people that are protesting are considering
vette owners the 1% and making us objects to lash out at.
These same people seem to frequent coffee shops.

My wife had a good idea they did something and let them get away
before telling me. She knew what would have gone down.
I say that just makes her an accomplice.
Anyone who labels people by 1% or 99% are idiots. So yes, you are probably correct.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:02 PM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Does it really surprise you when we have a culture going on where successful people who made responsible decisions in life are made out to be villains? This crap is only going to get worse....
Yup you are 100% correct. And Barry O. is leading the charge on that.

Shame actually.

Quick Reply: Jealous ##@!%%$