C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Run Flats worth It?

Old 06-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by LS WON
...we have to be more concerned of dodging road debris like plywood, sheet rock, refrigerators, couches, all kinds of building materials and furniture on freeway...
Enlighten me please....I'm not familiar with the left coast, except for it's politics.

I can understand building materials coming off a truck, but couches? Refrigerators? On the roadway???

How does that happen, and what's being done about it?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:13 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Good story; glad it went well for you. I wouldn't leave home without them.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister
Enlighten me please....I'm not familiar with the left coast, except for it's politics.

I can understand building materials coming off a truck, but couches? Refrigerators? On the roadway???

As well as beds, can be seen on I-10 or I-45... If a driver is not keeping an active lookout then you may hit some of these items. The thing that I see the most are tire treads from big rigs. About 6 years ago I almost got hit from a lader that fell off a truck.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Gering
As well as beds, can be seen on I-10 or I-45... If a driver is not keeping an active lookout then you may hit some of these items. The thing that I see the most are tire treads from big rigs. About 6 years ago I almost got hit from a lader that fell off a truck.
Just incredible....glad I don't have to drive there.

So, a refrigerator lays in the road, because the police are afraid of being accused of appliance brutality if they remove it.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:06 PM
steveb601
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happens because some nit-wit doesn't tie down the stuff he is carrying and he drives away and hopes nobody gets his license plate. It's because he is either lazy, doesn't care and/or doesn't want to pay for the clean-up. When it does happen it can tie up traffic for hours while the CHP waits for a crew to pick up the items since a CHP car obviously cannot carry something the size of a refrigerator.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Just incredible....glad I don't have to drive there.

So, a refrigerator lays in the road, because the police are afraid of being accused of appliance brutality if they remove it.
That is a good point, I am not sure who moves all of the junk to the side of the road. I do see a clean up crew every now and then that picks up trash on the side of the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are Run Flats worth It?