C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS Headlight Lens Weekend Blow Out

Old 06-22-2013, 05:46 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default FS Headlight Lens Weekend Blow Out

I have a pair of brand new headlight lens with very, very, very a minor flaw on each one. I tried a few pics but the flaw won't show up but it's enough to keep me from using them on a customers car.

If your lens are crap and you don't want to spend the full amount these will be a huge improvement for about half the cost of new.

150.00 shipped.

I also have a brand new Right lens that has the adhesive on the flange. It's not worth my time to remove the glue to re-use this lens. It's in perfect condition otherwise.

SOLD

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

I have about 10 or so Brand New Left Lens with various flaws. None too great but most likely can be seen. The flaw wouldn't show as much against a lighter colored bezel as opposed to a black or darker colors. These would also be great for tinting.

55.00 each shipped.

Most of the flaws on all of them are real light scruff marks. They are on the inside and are not coming out, at least not easily. Would have to use as is.

I'll also include the replacement instructions.

2008 Vert

Owned since new in 2007

www.c6c7vette.com

Last edited by RLSebring; 06-22-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:08 PM
mch28
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PM sent
Old 06-16-2015, 08:32 PM
gmbroussard
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a C6 Headlight question.

I purchased replacement lens from you late last year and have been waiting on CF Bezel from since 12/10/14. They came in today but there is no place on the back of the bezel to screw on the light rings or a place for the three post to attach the Basel to the base.
-
My question;
1) Is that normal?
2) how do you normally attach the light rings?
3) is not having the 3 post to attach the bezel to the base a problem.

I would appreciate any feedback, I hoping on getting started on this tomorrow and could use any input.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2015, 08:52 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Those have been the only bezels available and the issue you have is why I won't use them. I did a couple of sets and they were a PITA.

I used a couple of dollops of black silicone to hold the trim rings in place then when cured I ran a bead around the trim rings on the inside to fill in the gaps. With water on my finger I smoothed out any that came through to the front of the ring. They looked good but not necessarily to my liking.

The 3 post really are needed. The front of the bezels can rise up, and most likely will, and expose a little of the underside of the bezels and the innards of the light. I took a couple of pieces of 1" all-thread, #10, and after the light was together and cured, put some JB weld on the end, stuck it through the hole and got it to stick on the underside of the bezel. After I knew it weas cured I ran a regular hex nut down to just snug it up without breaking the JB weld loose.

Originally Posted by gmbroussard
I have a C6 Headlight question.

I purchased replacement lens from you late last year and have been waiting on CF Bezel from since 12/10/14. They came in today but there is no place on the back of the bezel to screw on the light rings or a place for the three post to attach the Basel to the base.
-
My question;
1) Is that normal?
2) how do you normally attach the light rings?
3) is not having the 3 post to attach the bezel to the base a problem.

I would appreciate any feedback, I hoping on getting started on this tomorrow and could use any input.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2015, 09:33 PM
gmbroussard
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the feedback -

Originally Posted by RLSebring
Those have been the only bezels available and the issue you have is why I won't use them. I did a couple of sets and they were a PITA.

I used a couple of dollops of black silicone to hold the trim rings in place then when cured I ran a bead around the trim rings on the inside to fill in the gaps. With water on my finger I smoothed out any that came through to the front of the ring. They looked good but not necessarily to my liking.

The 3 post really are needed. The front of the bezels can rise up, and most likely will, and expose a little of the underside of the bezels and the innards of the light. I took a couple of pieces of 1" all-thread, #10, and after the light was together and cured, put some JB weld on the end, stuck it through the hole and got it to stick on the underside of the bezel. After I knew it weas cured I ran a regular hex nut down to just snug it up without breaking the JB weld loose.

Thanks again,
After waiting 6 months for the bazels I'm going to give it a try. I was thinking JB welds, but the black silicon sounds like a good idea.
I will keep pointing out club members to you.

George
Old 09-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Jameskapp001@gmail
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Headlight lens

I am in need of a left and right lens. I tangled with a deer but only have slight crack at the top of the left lens. The right has some crazing. The question is do you have lens and gaskets in stock.

Last edited by Jameskapp001@gmail; 11-27-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:15 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jameskapp001@gmail
I am in need of a left and right lens. I tangled with a deer but only have slight crack at the top of the left lens. The right has some crazing. The question is do you have lens in stock and do you also sell the kits to convert to LED.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Don6775
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C6 Headlight Lens

Originally Posted by RLSebring
I have a pair of brand new headlight lens with very, very, very a minor flaw on each one. I tried a few pics but the flaw won't show up but it's enough to keep me from using them on a customers car.

If your lens are crap and you don't want to spend the full amount these will be a huge improvement for about half the cost of new.

150.00 shipped.

I also have a brand new Right lens that has the adhesive on the flange. It's not worth my time to remove the glue to re-use this lens. It's in perfect condition otherwise.

SOLD

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

I have about 10 or so Brand New Left Lens with various flaws. None too great but most likely can be seen. The flaw wouldn't show as much against a lighter colored bezel as opposed to a black or darker colors. These would also be great for tinting.

55.00 each shipped.

Most of the flaws on all of them are real light scruff marks. They are on the inside and are not coming out, at least not easily. Would have to use as is.

I'll also include the replacement instructions.
Do you have any more of these C6 headlight lens?
Old 11-05-2016, 09:20 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

This should get you up to speed.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ight-lens.html
Old 11-06-2016, 03:39 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

"oemtech" posted this in the 'C6 parts for sale' section, and I responded to it. (longish thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ight-lens.html )

"Don't like the logo... Don't buy them.

You think he is getting rich.... Don't buy them.

I plan to buy a set and mine are still clear. I plan to support a man with the ***** to buck the system."

My response was:

I realize this is a month-old thread, but the above post speaks very "loud" to me.

I'll also add this: I've known of RL's biz since he started it and put it on CorvetteForum (CF), and I've never seen a dissatisfied customer. And you all know how "dissatisfied" and outspoken (added now) a Corvette owner on CF can be!

It is also true that some vendors on CF have come and gone. This one has been here for eight years and serving the Corvette public.

I'll take his word for quality of new product, and wish him well with his health, too.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:49 AM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

yup.. agreed I'm in as soon as he gets stock..
Old 11-07-2016, 12:32 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

RL is a stand up guy. He stands by his product, always there to help out, and customer service is his #1 priority. I have replaced my lenses with his lenses, and was completely satisfied with his lens, and his help with the instructions.
I got a new set just before they become unavailable, as a set whenever I need to replace mine again.
My lenses get beat up by sandblastic from road trips, etc., and I prefer not to use film on top of the lens.

I'll alway be a customer of his.

Get notified of new replies

To FS Headlight Lens Weekend Blow Out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS Headlight Lens Weekend Blow Out