C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:58 AM
vik2606
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window problem

I got a problem with my driver window. When I close my door, the window won't go all the way up, it stops about quarter inch from the top.

Also after that the door won't open, it seems like the window doesn't go fully up and the care thinks the door is still open. Well after I drive for awhile the window finally goes up all the way by itself and everything is fine. I tried re-indexing the windows but no luck.

Anybody know whats going on?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:11 AM
drich2905
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

try this - hope it works

remove the negative battery cable for 5 minutes- reattach- then index your windows again.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:30 AM
06vert
Heel & Toe

There are computer modules in the doors that control those things. I have heard of them going bad and causing window issues like those you are experiencing, and failing to the point where people had to use the emergency release to open their doors. I would start there.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:35 AM
vik2606
Instructor

I uploaded a video, that might help people to see what I mean.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:19 AM
S_Turner15
8th Gear

Just got my vette the other day but had similar problems. From the outside of the car close the door and just touch the pad that opens the door from the exterior (dont actually open the door) just barely touch the pad and see if the window indexes all the way up then. If it does that then your exterior door handle/pad is corroded and needs replacing. Dont ask why but when I am in the car and the window doesnt index all the way up I cant open the door, but if its all the way up I can open the door. So check to see if the exterior pad/handle is the thing making it act up. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Window problem

Quick Reply: Window problem