C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intervention?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:54 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,572 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Default Intervention?

Situation:

Relatively sedate middle aged guy in a business suit (me) cruising down the interstate in my 2012 Corvette, listening to Springsteen's "Born to Run" on the Bose when I look up into the rearview mirror to see a bright red late model Camaro closing the gap as quickly as the driver can navigate traffic. I look up in the mirror again and see the Camaro right on my tail. Seems "playful". I smile to myself then mash the gas and easily pass the Honda in front of me. I pull back into the left hand lane to see the Camaro has followed and still on my tail. I pass a couple more cars in the same vaguely NASCAR like fashion with the Camaro still on my tail like the lost puppy following me home. I find myself behind a pale yellow Buick travelling well under the limit (in the left hand lane). I flash my lights to pass but the elderly gentleman refuses to budge. I pull to the right a couple of times but slow moving cars force me back behind the Buick who by now has had more then ample opportunity to let the maniac in the sports car (me) pass by. The Camaro then pulls right and passes us both. Big smile on the driver, thumbs up and he is gone. I do not believe the geezer in the Buick is the least bit amused. I don't care. I finally get a chance to pull right, mash the gas and roar by (full throttle). I'm gone in a flash sincerely hoping the roar of my exhaust has drowned out whatever Captain and Tannille song grandpa had on the am radio. By now the Camaro has exited and the **** colored Buick is now just a dot in my rearview mirror...

My heart's thumpin' for I believe I may have exceeded the posted speed limit.

Did I mention that I am a middle aged guy in a business suit? Why am I acting this way? Do I need intervention?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:58 PM
LooseScrew
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-20-2013, 08:00 PM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silverblue
Situation:

Relatively sedate middle aged guy in a business suit (me) cruising down the interstate in my 2012 Corvette, listening to Springsteen's "Born to Run" on the Bose when I look up into the rearview mirror to see a bright red late model Camaro closing the gap as quickly as the driver can navigate traffic. I look up in the mirror again and see the Camaro right on my tail. Seems "playful". I smile to myself then mash the gas and easily pass the Honda in front of me. I pull back into the left hand lane to see the Camaro has followed and still on my tail. I pass a couple more cars in the same vaguely NASCAR like fashion with the Camaro still on my tail like the lost puppy following me home. I find myself behind a pale yellow Buick travelling well under the limit (in the left hand lane). I flash my lights to pass but the elderly gentleman refuses to budge. I pull to the right a couple of times but slow moving cars force me back behind the Buick who by now has had more then ample opportunity to let the maniac in the sports car (me) pass by. The Camaro then pulls right and passes us both. Big smile on the driver, thumbs up and he is gone. I do not believe the geezer in the Buick is the least bit amused. I don't care. I finally get a chance to pull right, mash the gas and roar by (full throttle). I'm gone in a flash sincerely hoping the roar of my exhaust has drowned out whatever Captain and Tannille song grandpa had on the am radio. By now the Camaro has exited and the **** colored Buick is now just a dot in my rearview mirror...

Did I mention that I am a middle aged guy in a business suit? Why am I acting this way? Do I need intervention?

Open your eyes....your getting that much need intervention

I for one appreciate those people that make me use my blinker and throttle to continue on my lawful way
Old 06-20-2013, 08:04 PM
R0NIN
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SNAP!! good story! no intervention needed... just don't get randy in traffic... or your'll get OWNED by camaros!! hahahaha
Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Ryan5508
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

compared to driving the 350z. I find people get out of you way much quicker with the vette. Sometimes even when they don't need to. I enjoy it much more then every honda/subaru trying to street race my 350z every drive.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:52 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Ibtl
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by glenb
ibtl
ibtl?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:02 PM
steveb601
Racer

ibtl?
ibtl or ib4tl means "in before the lock" It means you posted something that the moderators of the forum have a rule against. Anything that comes close to street racing or reckless behavior and they will shut down your thread. You got it in...but chances are its going to get locked and if you get warned and do again they will block you from the forum.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:04 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Oops, didn't know the rule. Just sharing an experience. Thanks.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:19 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

FYI ..........http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...and-rules-109/
Old 06-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Ryan5508
Instructor

in his defence He may have only been going 5 over the speed limit
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 PM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry about it as I read as lawful spirited driving. No law against passing slower traffic even if it requires changing lanes and another vehicle appears to be following you....just spirited driving and that is what these great cars are all about! It's good to loosen that tie every once an awhile!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:33 PM
steveb601
Racer

Originally Posted by Ryan5508
Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Ryan5508
Oh yeah ................ That would really hold up in court .............
Old 06-20-2013, 10:18 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Situation:

very unkind remark since i am a grandpa. and i love my two grandson's more than i do my vette.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 PM
LD85
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

bby47, its not about u just sayin

Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
very unkind remark since i am a grandpa. and i love my two grandson's more than i do my vette.

^ No one doubts your love for your grandsons - or your grandpa status. And we're sure you keep you and your grandsons in the right lane unless you're passing, as the law requires.

PS: I'm not a grandpa - have no grandsons - but I still like the Captain & Tennille

Old 06-20-2013, 11:42 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Lisa

Get notified of new replies

To Intervention?

Quick Reply: Intervention?