C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poser Vette.. tisk tisk

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 10:22 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvettinator
Just a quick hypothetical question for the poseur experts:

Am I a C6 poseur if I get a round taillight kit for a C7?

No - that's a styling choice - no intention to try and pass your car off as something bigger/better than it actually is, in that case
Old 07-17-2013, 10:23 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LD85
So a "poser" is the anti-sleeper ?

In many ways, that is absolutely correct - good call
Old 07-17-2013, 10:56 PM
ZedNought6
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Am I a C6 poseur if I get a round taillight kit for a C7? Click the image to open in full size.
No, just shows you know how to class up a car better than GM! I bet that will be the first mod they design for that car. That car is like a 3 way between a Camaro, a GTR and a stealth bomber...then some wizard put a dead fish on the side and called it a stingray...crack is whack!

@IrishSpuds...37 yrs here, sarcasm seems to be more acceptable the older you get, young sarcastic people are dicks, old sarcastic people with a dry witty humorous nature are wise. I don't know what the few gray hairs matter, but I get away with far more **** so it's great!

And oh yea! with reference to the obsessive compulsive personality disordered folks who have the narrow mindedness to decide to do the virtual reality camp out in my garage and tell me how to spend my money on my stuff:

My goodness me! I am in a bad temper today, two three! Damn damn, two three! I am vexed and ratty, two three! And hopping mad!

Jam a sock in it! First thing I screwed up on in this life is not being born rich! Then I got into a profession (medicine) where I work with pompous asses that think they own the very air I breath, and think the world hangs on their every damn whimsy. It does not...Despite what you may think, whatever happens to my stuff with my hard earned cash is my damn business. If I or anybody wants to to pimp their ride with whatever they want so be it, I may think it looks stupid, but until you raise your hand and pledge your life for freedom I doubt very seriously you understand what that word means. and yes it includes the freedom to look stupid as long as you enjoy it and it doesn't hurt anybody else. So pull the stick out of your third point of contact and let people just live, life is hard enough without interjecting your negativity. If you have such a charmed life that you have nothing to worry about and have to natter somebody else, shame on you...go donate to a charity or help build a poor person a house with all that time, energy and money. Gees, prejudice with cars too? Glad for this thread for some good introspection, since when do we hate on our fellow man (or women) based on their pink slip? Perhaps maybe these people just have a better sense of humor.

End of rant...going to get more rum and coke. Talk among yourselves I need a minute.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Same here... most people outside the Corvette world cant tell one from another...

Most only know "ZR1" & "Z06", but they could not tell the difference if you asked them.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:51 AM
ryoder
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Ibtl

Originally Posted by corvettinator
just a quick hypothetical question for the poseur experts:

Am i a c6 poseur if i get a round taillight kit for a c7?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:14 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds
Haa!! great to hear - as a 45 y.o. its great to hear from someone where my dry sarcastic humor is not lost, and.....

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Originally Posted by Ferocious C6
I blow my nose at you!
Bring out your dead... bring out your dead......
But I'm not dead yet.....
shut up, You will be soon.....
Old 07-18-2013, 07:21 AM
heli-vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZedNought6
I think I'm going to go on a badge swapping spree! Z06 badges on my girlfriends Honda, Mustang badges on my Z06 and the Honda badges on the Mustang...My cats are going to start barking and the dogs meowing. It is going to be complete pandemonium and the world might end or turn on its head....Or nothing might happen at all.
The plausible misrepresentation is bad , If ya want to paint it pink with a wing and drag chute / wheely bar .... That's cool .

Quick Reply: Poser Vette.. tisk tisk