C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Sport Seats

Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by The Director
That's actually the plan at this point and even the dealership suggested it. I plan to go get the car next week and the dealership in Bowling Green will ship the seat covers to my local dealership in Georgia...once they finally show up.

I guess I'll just hide the bad seat with a big beach towel or something.

Having it to use, even with the beach towel band aid, will certainly make the 7 week time frame pass a lot more quickly.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:50 PM
VA50th
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The Director
I have discovered that these seats cannot be replaced. GM discontinued them and kept no spares or stock. No GM supplier including the vendors on the Forum can get replacements.

...for those of us who struggle with lower back pain......this may be a good thing. I'm still working on mine and hope that the side bolsters (aka kidney smashers) loosen up and relax a bit.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:58 PM
The Director
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VA50th
...for those of us who struggle with lower back pain......this may be a good thing. I'm still working on mine and hope that the side bolsters (aka kidney smashers) loosen up and relax a bit.
Well, it's a moot point anyway. Both Forum vendors for GM parts verified what the dealership and the factory said - the two-tone seats are not available ANYWHERE. The only option to replace the original seat covers is to wait the 8 week minimum while the manufacturor makes 'em.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:18 PM
The Director
Team Owner

UPDATE

The Chevy folks in Bowling Green have located a custom auto upholstery shop that guarantees we will not be able to tell the difference between the drivers seat which is original and the passenger seat they are going to make.

Hot dang...getting the Vette back in 10 days rather than 8 weeks!!!

Last edited by The Director; 06-04-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Aceman
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

That's great - once you get the car back and you like what you see you should try and find out the name of the shop - i'm sure others here would be interested in knowing the name of a upholstery shop the factory uses!

Aceman
Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Stockcar Axeman
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aceman
That's great - once you get the car back and you like what you see you should try and find out the name of the shop - i'm sure others here would be interested in knowing the name of a upholstery shop the factory uses!

Aceman
Old 06-06-2013, 12:53 PM
The Director
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Aceman

Aceman
Absolutely. The seats will be done on Monday and final detailing will be done by Wednesday. When I pick the Vette up, I will make sure I get the name of the upholstery shop and share it with the Forum family.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:01 PM
doubledime
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad to hear that Campbell Chevrolet in Bowling Green has helped you out. I too bought mine from Chuck there and I have always found their customer service to be great.

It's true, they are really dialed in to the factory, being so close to it.

Good luck with your seats.

PS I hope you get extra compensation from the other guys insurance company to cover your reduced value when you sell it due to the negative Car Fax that will show up.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Glad it worked out for you. I was going to let you know and now others, that I believe Dave at DJ Motorsports has made GS seats now and they also fit in a Base C6. I was chatting with him when he got a luggage rack from me and he mentioned it. Didn't see that he updated his website. Perhaps he hasn't gotten around to it as this was recently.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:58 PM
The Director
Team Owner

Originally Posted by doubledime
I am glad to hear that Campbell Chevrolet in Bowling Green has helped you out. I too bought mine from Chuck there and I have always found their customer service to be great.

It's true, they are really dialed in to the factory, being so close to it.

Good luck with your seats.

PS I hope you get extra compensation from the other guys insurance company to cover your reduced value when you sell it due to the negative Car Fax that will show up.
Oh yes...USAA paid me well for the reduced value.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 PM
door2416
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Glad to hear you got it straightened out. For future reference try leather seats.com . They claim factory replacement covers and have some nice videos to show quality.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grand Sport Seats