C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring halo rings

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Schmty1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring halo rings

Where is a good place to wire power for halos on c6?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:11 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

When do you want them to come on?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Schmty1
Intermediate

Whenever the car is on. I don't want them to blink with turn signals
Old 05-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Schmty1
Intermediate

What do you think? Which fue would be ignition relay?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Hmmm I'd probably run a tap a fuse into a circuit in the fuse box. I'm not sure exactly which one stays on with the ignition.

They also make remote kits where you can control it like the Mild 2 Wild kit if you're familiar with those.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Schmty1
Intermediate

Well thanh you jw I appreciate the input. I was thinking about a tap a fuse and like you, not sure which one, but I have a friend who is a mechanic at a local Chevy dealer I haven't seen in awhile. I'll have him check it out, and ill run it by him about those m2w switches. I did read about them awhile back. Thank you again you have been very helpful
Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Just to clarify don't use the actual M2W kit use the remote kit that is used to make those. Logisys RM02 12V 15Amp is what you need if you decide to go that route.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Schmty1
Intermediate

Ok that sounds good. Is that something you can pickup locally or just primarily the Internet?ill check around thank
Old 05-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Reggied
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Look for the 10A Wiper/Washer fuse located in the foot board on passenger side of car. Make sure you tap into the hot side of the fuse (NOT THE LOAD SIDE) with your own external fuse. This way the current you pull for your lights will not add to the wiper current draw on the wiper fuse. Enclosed are two pictures.
1) showing fuse location
2) showing the external fuse I tapped from my wiper fuse.

The fuse is HOT only when Ignition is ON (CAR RUNNING).
Attached Images   
Old 05-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Schmty1
Intermediate

Is this photo of fuse box under floor? Is there a easy way into the passenger compartment from engine compartment? That's where I have my leads running now. But I didn't know where to connect in the underhood fuse box. Thank you for info
Old 05-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Reggied
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes, this is the fuse box under the floor. I will look under my hood to see if I can locate a fuse under hood.
Side note: (To get wires from under-hood to interior) I install wires from my battery to the rear section of my car for a external power amp by using following steps. You can see the wires from my earlier pictures. (In pictures, right upper corner you can see 3 twisted black & white wires. These are the wires I ran thru my firewall). The purple wire is tapped from wiper fuse hot side leading to an after market device.

a) Disconnected and removed battery from car.
b) Look at firewall behind battery, below cabin filter door.
You should see a wire harness with about 20 wires with a rubber boot lead from firewall.
c) Opposite side would be inside car above fuse box panel in floor. slightly above fuse box to the right you should see the same wire harness and rubber boot.
e) In the fiberglass firewall looking from inside the car near above fusebox to right. Looking at the rubber boot I drilled a 1/4 hole to the left, slightly below the rubber boot.
f) After hole is drilled, looking at firewall from engine compartment, you can see the newly drilled hole located to the right lower area, below rubber boot in the fiberglass firewall (NOT THE RUBBER).
g) Pull wires into car.
h) Later I applied silicon caulk to hole/wires from engine side.

Note: In order to see wire/boot from inside car, I needed to drop the panel located beneath the glove compartment. Very easy. This panel contains a kick panel light. It has two large plastic push plugs which you can pry out (using a screwdriver or small pry bar) and reuse during reassemble.

Good luck...you can do it.

Last edited by Reggied; 05-30-2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added more infor
Old 05-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Schmty1
Intermediate

Thank you, that sounds like a good option. If I can't locate a fuse I can use in the engine compartment, then ill definitely use your method. Sounds easy enough thank again
Old 05-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Sayfoo
Melting Slicks

Received 453 Likes on 353 Posts

On my 08, fuse #1 labled TCM/TRANS in the underhood fuse box is one that is switched on by the ignition. I think the rest are hot all the time.
I have no idea what the TCM/TRANS fuse controls. Most of the replies on this forum seem to think it has something to do with a auto trans. Since I have a manual trans, I think this is a good spot to use a add a fuse that I use for my home made NPP controller. I wouldn't want to tap onto a critical circuit like a fuel pump anyway.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Schmty1
Intermediate

Did you say you were using that fuse marked tcm/trans? If so have you had any problems? Let me know. I jut got mine all put back together after installing the new lenses and halos. Now I just have to wire them up. I've got a couple extra parts. I hate when that happens
Old 05-31-2013, 10:58 PM
Sayfoo
Melting Slicks

Yes, I added a -add a fuse- on top of the tcm/trans fuse. This is the adapter that adds a additional fuse on top of the existing fuse in the fuse box. It doesn't interfere with the existing fuse, it still functions as origional. Works fine so far.
You will have to drill a small hole in the fuse box for the wire to exit.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:29 AM
Schmty1
Intermediate

Cool, I was just looking at those fuses at the auto parts store. I think the one I was looking at was 10A well great. I'll try that out. I think I have two coming from my lights, one to the fuse and then one to ground. Hey thank for the advice, now I'll see how these look. Thank again
Old 06-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Schmty1
Intermediate

I tried the #1 fuse under hood fuse but its hot all the time. The one in passengers compartment for wiper/washer is only hot when car is running so that is the one ill be using. Thanks for the input from everyone. And thanks for the directions "reggied" on running the wires to the fuse box
Old 06-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Schmty1
Intermediate

Reggied, I'm not sure what is the hot side of the fuse, I didn't think it made a difference.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Sayfoo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Schmty1
I tried the #1 fuse under hood fuse but its hot all the time. The one in passengers compartment for wiper/washer is only hot when car is running so that is the one ill be using. Thanks for the input from everyone. And thanks for the directions "reggied" on running the wires to the fuse box
Are you sure that you read the fuse chart correctly on the underhood fuse box?
It is a little confusing. There are 2 different indexes and they ae not the same. I think one is the location and the other is the fuse name/circuit.
The fuse that I used is located near the windshield end.
Anyway, either location should work. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring halo rings

Quick Reply: Wiring halo rings