C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

It all depends on the color combo...I don't really like it on the white vette, however if it was a black vette with a matt black stripe or carbon fiber look alike stripe and you already had CF skirts, front splitter etc. it would probably tie in well...you just have to do it right...then again what's right is always subjective...so yeah do whatever you think looks good..wait a minute I need to stop im confusing myself...
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 PM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

My friend has an 05 z06 and it came standard with stripes. Looks cool as heck but its not my taste. A little too much.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 AM
seong
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by traderfjp
My friend has an 05 z06 and it came standard with stripes. Looks cool as heck but its not my taste. A little too much.
Ummmm... the car shown in the picture is 04 Z06 - Last & best of C5. (Z16 Comm. edition) GM didn't make Z06 in 05 model year.

I didn't like the look at first - little too "Hot Wheel"ish I thought. Now, that grew on me.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 AM
MDPD23
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Check this out
Old 05-30-2013, 01:18 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by traderfjp
A cheap powerwasher might work great for cleaning rims. That is what they use at my carwash for my other car. I was thinking of buying a cheapo electric one. I have a heavy duty powerwasher but it's a pain to pull out of the shed. I love the bling of the ZR1 rims. Chrome is the way to go. I inherited polished aluminum but they are nice too.

I have chromed ZR1 style wheels on my 2009 CG coupe.
I LOVE the way they look but a power washer isn't going to do it. Others will think the wheels are nice but you will see all the grime still on them.
I have a narrow terry cloth covered foam 'blade' that goes between the spokes. You spray on chrome wheel cleaner, then have to go through each slot and hit both sides of the spoke. PITA but afterwards it looks great.

Quick Reply: Hood Stripes