C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really!? Why?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by JLB768
I wonder if a child molester tries to rationalize things as you do...Well, she may be 13, but she's built like an 18 year old, so it's ok sometimes...
Now wait a minute, is West Virginia included in this statement?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I never get anyone wanting to race me in my Z06. When I see someone who i think would want to play. I get next to them and they do nothing. Even if one pulls next to me. Are they afraid to play with a wide body Z06 lol?

Last edited by crAzy; 05-21-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:26 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by crAzy03Z06
I never get anyone wanting to race me in my Z06. When I see someone who i think would want to play. I get next to them and they do nothing. Even if one pulls next to me. Are they afraid to play with a wide body Z06 lol?
To be honest, I have friends that go out "hunting" them. Its all in good fun, they love ZO6's and those ARE the bench mark as far as most of us are concerned that we judge our cars by. They are that good, that fast, that mean, and THAT respected.

I never was ashamed of being dusted by one.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
To be honest, I have friends that go out "hunting" them. Its all in good fun, they love ZO6's and those ARE the bench mark as far as most of us are concerned that we judge our cars by. They are that good, that fast, that mean, and THAT respected.

I've only had two races since owning the Z06 since Dec of 2012. A GTR that I pulled on towards top of second and a 5th Gen Camaro that I put about 3 lengths on. He must have been cammed cause his car sounded good. Ran him to the top of 3rd.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Dragracer_Art
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not always punk kids in ricer cars.

Last week while I was in OC MD on vacation... I got stopped at a light next to a Black Viper convertible. The driver was probably in his 60's, judging by the horrible red hairpiece rug on top of his head.
He sat at the light next to me revving his engine. I thought to myself: "REALLY ? Are you THAT STUPID ???"

Apparently he was... because he took off spinning his tires and almost lost it. He spun way into my lane before gathering it back up. If I had been as dumb as him, I would have been alongside him when he lost control and probably would have traded some paint with him.

Proof positive that age and money doesn't = wisdom.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I feel like even when I'm out washing the car, EVERY ricer in my area has to drive by and " Rev ? " up at me !!! what ?? which Hmm.. I never look up, dont care, and who cares !!!! even had one tell me my car was badass, then asked if I wanted to race, which I replied ( nicely) sure lets drive down to Sebring get on a track!!! which in return I got" that car is a piece of crap. all this = the wing on the back is higher than their IQ .
Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art

Last week while I was in OC MD on vacation... I got stopped at a light next to a Black Viper convertible. The driver was probably in his 60's, judging by the horrible red hairpiece rug on top of his head.
He sat at the light next to me revving his engine. I thought to myself: "REALLY ? Are you THAT STUPID ???"

Apparently he was... because he took off spinning his tires and almost lost it. He spun way into my lane before gathering it back up. If I had been as dumb as him, I would have been alongside him when he lost control and probably would have traded some paint with him.

Rubbin' is racin', brah. Dont you watch NASCAR? hahahaha
Old 05-21-2013, 10:37 AM
VanSant
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get it on when Im on my Road King Custom constantly from other bikers " wanna drag" I say "yeah, put a chain on yours and a chain on mine and lets see who drags who?" That or the guys all leathered up on scooters with full face helmets with green mohawks stuck on them, wanting to rev it up next to me, LOL
Old 05-21-2013, 11:53 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't ever have anyone try and race me.

The only person who has wanted to race in the last few years was a 997 Turbo Porsche that was tuned and had full exhaust. Guy was in his mid 40s with a couple kids in the back, lol.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:00 PM
abecon5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

muscle beats import everytime
Old 05-21-2013, 12:05 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VanSant
I get it on when Im on my Road King Custom constantly from other bikers " wanna drag" I say "yeah, put a chain on yours and a chain on mine and lets see who drags who?" That or the guys all leathered up on scooters with full face helmets with green mohawks stuck on them, wanting to rev it up next to me, LOL
Unless you are seriously modded I am pretty sure my bone stock Victory will pull your HD right over backwards. My friends 110ci HD is still weak.

Originally Posted by abecon5
Do you ever go to the track? I have seen some pretty high horse power Corvettes and other cars get destroyed by some little 4-bangers.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:12 PM
MuscleHP
Advanced

I feel like its even worse when ur 21 and driving a Corvette. It seems like every other day people that are about my age try to get me to do a quick pull with them.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,291 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by abecon5
Don't race much, do you?

My standard response when asked to street race is "Okay, let's get on the interstate, take 'em up to 100 and punch it." I get weird looks and nobody has ever accepted the offer. I wouldn't do it anyway, but it's a good way to defuse street race challenges.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict

Old 05-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

That reminds me of the "Two Turkeys on Thanksgiving Wrecking their Corvettes in The Woodlands" on youtube.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM
VanSant
Advanced

I was reffering to rice rockets, sorry I wasnt clear!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Always know who you are running against and their capability. Here is a case in point that could of resulted in an accident. Just because you are at a drag strip doesn't eliminate the danger.

Get notified of new replies

To Really!? Why?

Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 PM
GoHokiesGo
Advanced

I've been surprised since getting my Vette that I don't get more people trying to race me, as I expected it to happen all the time at night and on weekends. Although I tend to drive somewhat conservative in traffic since the car is already loud and attracts attention, maybe the loping cam and growl scare people off.

I had a '98 Camaro a few years back, and I used to get people revving and lunging in traffic all the time. The Vette just must sound too wicked
Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I wave at other Corvetts and pretty much smile at everyone else.

If I want to race I'll drive my Camaro.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VanSant
I was reffering to rice rockets, sorry I wasnt clear!
Its all in good fun, brother.

Quick Reply: Really!? Why?