C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worried...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 PM
pleadingbark
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you blew a headgasket your a miserable person.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

come on, cats aren't that bad. we have a beautiful ragdoll cat named binky, he is so much like a dog it's freakin unbelievable. i tell him to lie down, he listens. last night upon going to bed i told him to get his ash out of the closet and leave the bedroom, he comes right out and goes straight for the door to leave. i know, we're not talking cats here, but i have to defend them.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Whatever you do, please ignore post 2. Unbelievably stupid.
bahahahaha....
Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferocious C6
So what, she should swerve to avoid a dumb animal? That could put her and others at risk. All for a stupid animal. Ever heard of survival of the fittest?
Yes the laughing part is a bit messed up, but swerving is more dangerous than hitting the animal.
Although it sounds cruel, that is in fact true. Lots of accidents happen because of people trying to avoid small animals on the road. On the way to Bowling Green last year we came up over a hill and there was a family of ducks crossing the road. We were going about 75 and I took the shoulder to miss them. Afterwards I said to my wife that what I did was really stupid, for our safety, we should have run them over..
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferocious C6
So what, she should swerve to avoid a dumb animal? That could put her and others at risk. All for a stupid animal. Ever heard of survival of the fittest?
Yes the laughing part is a bit messed up, but swerving is more dangerous than hitting the animal.
Swerving and endangering another driver.... not smart. Attitudes like your towards animals....cowardly.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by JJC5
Swerving and endangering another driver.... not smart. Attitudes like your towards animals....cowardly.

To have to run something over for ones safety is one thing, to seemingly take pleasure in in it, is quite another...
Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 AM
JScottH3
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by RJRSW
I would think about it before contacting your insurance company because if you hit something lying stationary in the road most insurance companies consider it to be an at fault accident.
In VA, if you hit something that's bouncing in front of you (like a piece of firewood off a pickup), it's comprehensive. If you run over it, it's an accident. Go figure.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:45 AM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

I ran over a pretty good sized rock several days ago. No where to go. I saw it coming and had traffic on both sides. It went under the car, made an awful sound, and came out the back side in pieces. Got the car home and looked underneath and could find no evidence that I had hit anything. Thank goodness.

If I were the OP, I would check for any leaks and if I didn't find anything, go for a drive. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:13 AM
JLB768
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I ran over a huge freshly hit coon about 2am in my Z06 once, I could almost swear my Z got airborn for a split second. I just knew my front ends was toast, but no damage, just rattled nerves.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 AM
elizavette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang you guys have your panties in a bunch with this cat stuff. Yeah i wouldnt choose to kill the damn things but when they leap into my path im not choosing to swerve and cause even more damage, but i digress.

I definitely keep up with the fluids and I checked it out to see if any leaks and so forth so nothing seems to be 'looking' bad. The check engine light is still on as I went to lunch a little while ago. Not making any funny noises or anything and the temp hasnt gone up in the gauges. I work two jobs so as soon as I get a freakin break i will take it to someone who wont try to screw my pocketbook and really tell me whats up
Old 05-17-2013, 02:24 AM
ssv3
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by elizavette
Dang you guys have your panties in a bunch with this cat stuff. Yeah i wouldnt choose to kill the damn things but when they leap into my path im not choosing to swerve and cause even more damage, but i digress.

I definitely keep up with the fluids and I checked it out to see if any leaks and so forth so nothing seems to be 'looking' bad. The check engine light is still on as I went to lunch a little while ago. Not making any funny noises or anything and the temp hasnt gone up in the gauges. I work two jobs so as soon as I get a freakin break i will take it to someone who wont try to screw my pocketbook and really tell me whats up
Lol u havent been here long enough to see how "sensitive" some people are. Def get it checked out though cuz you know u dont want to get stuck in traffic. Btw Funk cats
Old 05-17-2013, 04:16 AM
Keep 'Em Flying
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also try to watch out on the road but sometimes you cant gamble dodging something on the road. Like for instance, when cats get in my way thats their problem cause i hate cats!
When peoples kids get in my way that's their problem because you know I hate kids. They shouldn't be playing in the streets anyways.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:07 AM
richietables
Racer

Cool- Just keep an eye on the coolant and that water temp...
Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Cromagnum
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

It's not a coincidence that you hit something and you had a check engine light follow. You could have damaged some wiring underneath, or pinched a cooling line by smashing the radiator. Not hard to go to Autozone or Oh Really's to pull the codes to get an idea for free.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 AM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am one of them there PITA people.
But I would not advise being anywhere near me when I drive down the road because I try to avoid killing any bugs that come my way and I do look a little funny swerving all over the road.
But they have every right to live as any other living thing,right?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Ferocious C6
Pro

Originally Posted by JJC5
Attitudes like mine? What attitude is that? That the weak and dumb shouldn't survive?
Old 05-17-2013, 10:43 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by R0NIN
Who cares about cats!!

Elizavette is smokin HOT!!!!
it certainly looks like a picture of cher to me. if that indeed is what she looks like, your right, she is hot.

Get notified of new replies

To Worried...

Old 05-17-2013, 12:08 PM
42Chevy
It's 5 o'clock Somewhere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
St Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Torch2013C6
flat bed the car to the dealer. I'm guessing you damaged the cooling system in some way. Call your insurance company it should be covered on your comprehensive.
Hopefully its nothing major, but it is best to be sure before further damage is done.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:59 PM
ButWhatDoIKnow
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds
Not a cat person at all but with your comment I sure hope the damage to your car is nothing minor

You make me
Unless, of course, she meant CATS! the musical.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:49 PM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Just read through 3 pages of this, I couldn't stop!
I gotta think this is a new way of posting to livin up the CF, maybe by the owners or something. It has been boring lately.
This is like reality forum.
I mean really! Some chick from LA working 2 jobs to pay for a Vette runs over a rock and perhaps does some serious damage underneath the car. All the while telling us how she hates cats and enjoy's running them over.
Where's Jerry Springer man!

Quick Reply: Worried...