C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind Restrictor

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 05:43 PM
RRIXX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Restrictor

I finally got around to installing my Wind Restrictor in my 2012 convertible. The difference is amazing , in fact it feels like a completely different car. I like the look of it and with the glow module it looks pretty cool. Installation took a few hours and the 'how to' Youtube videos were very helpful

Old 07-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

So it's a permanent mount top up or down?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:33 PM
RRIXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jefff1
So it's a permanent mount top up or down?
Yes, it's permanent. It in no way impedes lowering or raising the roof. The only thing I don't like is gaining access to the storage area behind the seats. It can still be done but it's a bit awkward.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

How would you describe the difference?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:40 PM
RRIXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jefff1
How would you describe the difference?
It's a 100% improvement. My wife and I can carry on a conversation at highway speeds and we can listen to the radio without cranking it way up. We live in Canada and I can see this extending our 'top down' season a month or two. We love it.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks...we're looking to do the same as we live near Buffalo
Old 07-17-2014, 10:44 PM
NHDave
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

I love mine, I got the Grand Sport Logo with the blue glow light that matches my Jetstream Blue C6 GS. Pretty easy to install and wind noise and buffeting is reduced significantly. It also keeps passengers warmer when driving on cool evenings here in NH. They aren't so quick to reach for a coat. People always comment that they like the look of the WindRestrictor. Great investment in my humble opinion.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:30 AM
RRIXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by NHDave
I love mine, I got the Grand Sport Logo with the blue glow light that matches my Jetstream Blue C6 GS. Pretty easy to install and wind noise and buffeting is reduced significantly. It also keeps passengers warmer when driving on cool evenings here in NH. They aren't so quick to reach for a coat. People always comment that they like the look of the WindRestrictor. Great investment in my humble opinion.
I agree Dave, yours looks sharp too. Do you illuminate it all the time or just to show it?
Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 AM
69 L46 4 Speed
Drifting

Received 452 Likes on 276 Posts

Does anyone have the same deflector with the red glow light? They look great and sound like they work quite well. Thinking about ordering one for our 13 GS but I am concerned that the red light might be too much from behind you into the windshield while you are driving at night. If I have to turn it off or unplug all of the time I will go without the light. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:58 AM
RRIXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by 69 L46 4 Speed
Does anyone have the same deflector with the red glow light? They look great and sound like they work quite well. Thinking about ordering one for our 13 GS but I am concerned that the red light might be too much from behind you into the windshield while you are driving at night. If I have to turn it off or unplug all of the time I will go without the light. Thanks.
I have the glow module with the red LED's and it is not that bright that it would bother the drivers behind you, in fact the brake lights overpower the glow. The only thing I don't care for is the fact that you can see the radio lights reflecting right in your rear view mirror but that's only at night. With the glow module it's very easy to simply turn any LED's off when you want to.

I'll post a picture for you later.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:23 AM
RRIXX
Instructor

As you can see the Windrestrictor brake light feature is not as bright as the regular brake lights.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:05 PM
69 L46 4 Speed
Drifting

RRIXX, Thanks for the pictures. We like the looks, that it works and the fact that we can leave it in to use the power top. My only worry was the possibility of the glow on the inside of the windshield but as you stated, I can always just turn it off. Does the red actually glow red or a shade of orange?
Old 07-18-2014, 02:44 PM
RRIXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by 69 L46 4 Speed
RRIXX, Thanks for the pictures. We like the looks, that it works and the fact that we can leave it in to use the power top. My only worry was the possibility of the glow on the inside of the windshield but as you stated, I can always just turn it off. Does the red actually glow red or a shade of orange?
It's definitely red.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Runaway89
Advanced

I have one with a C6 on an island with palm trees with "It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere" across the top. Changes 5 different colors with adjustable speed and brightness controlled with remote. Works great and looks even better.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:40 PM
69 L46 4 Speed
Drifting

Thanks for the info. Intend to order it with the 60th logo on it for the 13 GS.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:53 PM
RRIXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by Runaway89
I have one with a C6 on an island with palm trees with "It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere" across the top. Changes 5 different colors with adjustable speed and brightness controlled with remote. Works great and looks even better.
Sounds nice, would love to see pics.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:09 PM
Aggie76
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I had been debating for some time on purchasing. After a recent road trip was very windy my better half encouraged me to make the decision or she would order it herself. Placed my order last week, clear with some custom graphics, and got the shipping notice yesterday is will arriving next Tuesday. Decided to not do the colors yet, can always be added.

Will get it installed in the near future and then post pictures.

Get notified of new replies

To Wind Restrictor

Old 07-18-2014, 08:38 PM
NHDave
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RRIXX
I agree Dave, yours looks sharp too. Do you illuminate it all the time or just to show it?
Mine is currently wired into the headlight circuit so if the headlights are on, the glow light is on.

However, it has come to my attention that displaying the blue light while driving may not be legal in NH. I checked the traffic laws and I can see that they might be construed by an eager police officer as a problem. These laws were recently changed as a result of trying to prevent police impersonators from stopping victims on the highway. The law very broadly defines blue and red lights shining inside or on operating vehicles unless you are a law enforcement officer or firefighter. I haven't been stopped, and I've passed many police cars, but I just ordered a switch to shut it off when needed.

You might want to check your local traffic laws and avoid any trouble.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:38 AM
RRIXX
Instructor

Originally Posted by Aggie76
I had been debating for some time on purchasing. After a recent road trip was very windy my better half encouraged me to make the decision or she would order it herself. Placed my order last week, clear with some custom graphics, and got the shipping notice yesterday is will arriving next Tuesday. Decided to not do the colors yet, can always be added.

Will get it installed in the near future and then post pictures.
You won't be sorry, well worth the money. With the windows up it's almost as wind and noise free as with the top up.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

ordered mine...looking forward to the new top down ride

Quick Reply: Wind Restrictor